What's a safe duration for a prenatal anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks?

Old April 25th 07, 02:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
air69

Default What's a safe duration for a prenatal anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks?

My wife had a prenatal anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks yesterday. It
lasted about 40 min. My wife's pregnancy has been normal and no
problems were revealed during the test. Towards the end of the test we
learned that the operator was inexperienced. We are worried our baby
received too much exposure to ultrasound waves. What's a safe duration
for this test and what shall we do if our baby was exposed for too
long? Thanks a lot for your answers.

Old April 25th 07, 04:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

air69 wrote:
My wife had a prenatal anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks yesterday. It
lasted about 40 min. My wife's pregnancy has been normal and no
problems were revealed during the test. Towards the end of the test we
learned that the operator was inexperienced. We are worried our baby
received too much exposure to ultrasound waves. What's a safe duration
for this test and what shall we do if our baby was exposed for too
long? Thanks a lot for your answers.

40 minutes is pretty normal in my experience, I've had 2 and they both
lasted that length if not longer.
Old April 25th 07, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

That length of time sounds perfectly normal to me. If they had found any
irregularities, they would have continued to measure for a lot longer, so 40
minutes is fine.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

oups.com...

Old April 26th 07, 11:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
3girls

"air69" wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife had a prenatal anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks yesterday. It
lasted about 40 min. My wife's pregnancy has been normal and no
problems were revealed during the test. Towards the end of the test we
learned that the operator was inexperienced. We are worried our baby
received too much exposure to ultrasound waves. What's a safe duration
for this test and what shall we do if our baby was exposed for too
long? Thanks a lot for your answers.

It sounds as though your little one was co-operative as 40 minutes would be
about the norm.