dads and good parenting does religion/ ethnicity affect it in any way?

Old April 17th 05, 02:58 PM

Default dads and good parenting does religion/ ethnicity affect it in any way?

I know dads are just as capable as mums in bringing up their children,
but does ethnicity and religin matter when it comes to being a better
dad. I for te record do not think that dads get a fair deal when it
comes to gaining custody or access to their children. My husband is a
good dad to all of our children even thoughtwo of them are not
biologically his. He has children of his own that he had before he met
me and as never been allowed to see them and i thinkthese children
would have benefited greatly from having contact with him. My two
children whose dads are not living with them have different situations
one sees her dad regularly but the others ones dad has shown no
interest since day one. It has affected her all of her life.

Old April 18th 05, 04:59 AM
electroscopillan

wrote in message

I know dads are just as capable as mums in bringing up their children,

Yes, they are just as capable, when willing and in the position.

but does ethnicity and religin matter when it comes to being a better
dad.

No, of course not. I think that possibly family *traditions* which affect
the outlook and upbringing of an individual do have the potential for
affecting ones willingness/mindset to parent (eg: gender role ideals). When
religion fosters these traditions, I'm sure that, theoretically, or
statistically, there are some correlations. But from an individual
anecdotal standpoint, there's no fundamental reason your husband should be
considered a better or worse father, based strictly upon his religion or
especially his ethnicity.

I for te record do not think that dads get a fair deal when it
comes to gaining custody or access to their children.

This *has* generally been the case, but the law is beginning to lift some of
the prejudices against dads. The system has been tailored toward the mother
as the primary caregiver.. ..with dads getting deeply scrutinized for every
little fart in the wind. The courts (in Canada, where I am) have definitely
changed in recent years.. .and appear to uphold gender equality in parent
custody cases.

I am a single father of ds19mo.

Old April 21st 05, 09:02 PM
electroscopillan

"LaTreen Washington" wrote in
message ...

Why don't you marry the mother?

are you asking me? if so: mother is psychotic and abusive (physically and
psychologically), and has recently made herself dissapear, abandoning her
children and family.

you wanna marry her mayhaps?

Old April 21st 05, 10:58 PM
Banty

In article , electroscopillan says...

"LaTreen Washington" wrote in
message ...

Why don't you marry the mother?

are you asking me? if so: mother is psychotic and abusive (physically and
psychologically), and has recently made herself dissapear, abandoning her
children and family.

you wanna marry her mayhaps?

Electro - meet a perennial "childfree" troll, "LaTreen Washington"

"LaTreen" (sound it out, Electro!) - meet a father raising his child on his own,
"Electroscopillan"

There's no doubt which of you is fulfilling a constructive life.

Cheers,
Banty

Old April 25th 05, 12:42 AM
LaTreen Washington

So she was good enough to screw but not good enough to live with.

Do your kid a favor and put him up for adoption.

Old April 25th 05, 12:43 AM
LaTreen Washington

Don't be so hard on the guy. Maybe next time he'll be a little more
selective when he bangs a broad.

Old April 25th 05, 08:10 AM
electroscopillan

"LaTreen Washington" wrote in
message ...
So she was good enough to screw but not good enough to live with.

Do your kid a favor and put him up for adoption.

LOL!! Do yourself (and all of us) a favour and put yourself through
elementary school.

Old April 25th 05, 08:26 AM
electroscopillan

Don't be so hard on the guy. Maybe next time he'll be a little more
selective when he bangs a broad.

Psychoses can set in annanounced. I'd think you'd have a good handle on
mental health issues.

Obviously, your parents made some pretty half-assed choices while raising
you. Good luck overcoming the plethora of social ineptitudes you suffer.

Old April 26th 05, 11:41 PM
Sushi Fish

Girls are more emotional dependent on dad than boys (more emotional
independent on both parents by nature) Divorce situation with
indifferent dad devastes her well into adulthood. Many adult women in
their adulthood seeks advice from their fathers. For some unkown
factors, **few** mothers show more interest in sons welfare than
daughters.