Opinions please, re NIP (long)

Old June 16th 06, 02:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default new header was Opinions please, re NIP (long)

FlowerGirl wrote:

No. Why should anyone take any notice of what you think.
Babies have a *legal* right to be breastfed wherever and whenever they need
to be fed (so long as the mother is legally allowed to be there). It
doesn't matter what personal hang-ups *you* have about seeing a child being
breastfed.

Don't bother. She's getting you wound up so she can start calling you
an EntitleMoo and your child an ill-mannered brat and other friendly
childfree terms. She's a regular over on misc.kids.

Michelle
Flutist
Old June 16th 06, 03:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

L. wrote:
Cheri Stryker wrote:

Whaddya think, all - should I make another T-shirt that says "Do not
fear the boob." ?

It has nothing to do with fear. Nobody wants to see your boobs. Get
it through your thick heads. I have no care whatsoever if you NIP.
Just keep your boobs covered.

-L.

Fwiw, I can keep my boob covered perfectly well without using a towel
when I NIP. Even in a bathing suit (tankini). Other than the 2
seconds it takes to latch on - in which case I generally turn around
and/or use my hand to shield the view if there is anyone around.

Irene
who has seen L be both really nasty and also been able to carry on a
civil conversation on mk - I would love for you to be able show that
you are capable of a civil conversation over here on mkb

Old June 16th 06, 06:05 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Opinions please, re NIP (long)

Yeah, next time I eat in the middle of a public swimming pool you selfish
cow.

"FlowerGirl" wrote in message

"L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheri Stryker wrote:
What an ironic server to be using, for a troll. Peacemail, indeed.

I'm not a troll, jackass, and you can't read headers worth ****; my
server is Google. Cover your tits with a towel - it's not
rocketscience.

Well you certainly sound like a troll ... rude and ill-informed.

Next time you have a meal, be sure to first place a large towel both over
your head and the food (preferably a little damp and smelling of

chlorine).
Do let us know how you enjoy that meal won't you.

Old June 16th 06, 07:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

L. wrote:
CY wrote:
I was at our local YMCA today and in the pool when my 1 yr old son became
hungry.

snip

Next time bring a towel with you and cover up your tit. Problem
solved.

sense...

It's 112F outside by the pool. Try again.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old June 17th 06, 12:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

FlowerGirl wrote:

I suspect that you (like the bloke from the YMCA in the OP) have more of a
problem with the *knowledge* that a baby is suckling milk from a woman's
breast ... rather than the possibility of seeing a flash of nipple as a
baby attaches.

It occurred to me that perhaps the right response when people are
offended by breastfeeding should be to say "Pervert!" Since they seem
to be imagining all kinds of crazy stuff.
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 3.5 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old June 17th 06, 07:09 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Irene wrote:

Fwiw, I can keep my boob covered perfectly well without using a towel
when I NIP. Even in a bathing suit (tankini). Other than the 2
seconds it takes to latch on - in which case I generally turn around
and/or use my hand to shield the view if there is anyone around.

That's because you understand the concept modesty. Thank you.

Irene
who has seen L be both really nasty and also been able to carry on a
civil conversation on mk - I would love for you to be able show that
you are capable of a civil conversation over here on mkb

I'll respond as I please with no thought as to what you - or anyone
else - thinks.

-L.

Old June 17th 06, 07:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

FlowerGirl wrote:

Doesn't worry me honey you can say what you want (although you're not
painting a very intelligent picture of yourself).
I just wonder why you choose to voice your ill-informed,

not at all.

prudish,

not at all

judgemental

Absolutely

opinions in such a rude way

I give what I get "petal"

in a ng that promotes something that
you apparently don't like, have very little knowledge of, and an
unwillingness to actually learn anything.

Wonder whatever you want. There's nothing to "learn" from you - you
will defend your right to whip your boobs all over the place any time
you want no matter what, so why bother? Just don't get all bent out of
shape when people object to it.

-L.

Old June 17th 06, 07:17 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cheri Stryker wrote:
FlowerGirl wrote:

I suspect that you (like the bloke from the YMCA in the OP) have more of a
problem with the *knowledge* that a baby is suckling milk from a woman's
breast ... rather than the possibility of seeing a flash of nipple as a
baby attaches.

It occurred to me that perhaps the right response when people are
offended by breastfeeding should be to say "Pervert!" Since they seem
to be imagining all kinds of crazy stuff.

I'm not offended by BF. I'm not offended by boobs, either. All I am
saying is that you can't expect everyone to accept your naked boobs in
public so it behooves you to cover them up, and not get so indignant
when someone complains. The OP said she was BF and exposed her nipple
- which undoubtedly prompted the guy to ask her to do it elsewhere.
Had she been more descreet about it, no one would have even probably
known.

Who wants to BF their kid in a filthy pool anyway? That's just nasty.

-L.

Old June 17th 06, 07:19 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Michelle J. Haines wrote:
FlowerGirl wrote:

No. Why should anyone take any notice of what you think.
Babies have a *legal* right to be breastfed wherever and whenever they need
to be fed (so long as the mother is legally allowed to be there). It
doesn't matter what personal hang-ups *you* have about seeing a child being
breastfed.

Don't bother. She's getting you wound up so she can start calling you
an EntitleMoo and your child an ill-mannered brat and other friendly
childfree terms.

Only if they fit. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

She's a regular over on misc.kids.

No I'm not.

-L.

Old June 17th 06, 07:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

L. wrote:
Michelle J. Haines wrote:

She's a regular over on misc.kids.

No I'm not.

So, L -

I went over to misc.kids and read some of your posts there. I'm curious
- how old are you?
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 3.5 months

Check out my new snarky breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones