UPDATE to Oops . . .

Old March 23rd 04, 01:52 AM
Leslie

Default UPDATE to Oops . . .

Karen said:

That's great that he took the news well and is looking forward to the
new baby. I know my husband would have a similar reaction if I told
him #7 was coming.

Any plans for lucky number 7? :-)

He would feel a lot better if he could tell people. But I'm afraid it will

get
back to my family somehow if he does that. And I just don't want them

knowing
before the wedding. He did tell a group of guys from another parish when

he
was attending an effective fathering seminar there this weekend. That was

fun,
because in a room full of Catholic men you are going to be affirmed for

being
the father of a large family

Most definitely! It is nice that there is one place where we are not a
freak show as a large family. A matter of fact at our parish our
family (8) is average size.

Wow! We actually have more kids than most people in our parish. There does
seem to be a trend back toward larger families, though. The largest family at
our parochial school is eight, but there are several with six at this point,
and I don't think they are finished yet. :-)

Take care of you and the wombie and if need be let the dress out.

Thanks, Karen! I haven't been fitted yet and I plan to share the secret with
the seamstress and aske her to leave a little room. :-)

Leslie
Old March 23rd 04, 01:54 AM
Leslie

Andrea said:

I have 5 kids and people treat us like we are a freak show.

Yeah, I get that even with four. They're all like, "I don't know how you do
it," and to me it's like no big deal, you do what you have to and all that. I
know lots of people agree with me that the real hard thing is going from one to
two and after that the more the merrier. OR the louder, anyway.

People round
here like to have 2 or 3. We are trying for #6 now. I am not sure how many
we will have, but the hospital tried to frighten us saying 5 kids is a lot,
and my uterus wont contract as efficiently when in labour so I will be at
risk of a PPH.
Only time I had a PPH is when they induced me 2 weeks early and they
over-stimulated my uterus!

The only drawback for me is the aches and pains while carrying. It
definitely gets worse with each pregnancy.

I'm finding that as well. I am already feeling uncomfortalbe--like things are
loosening up.

Leslie
Old March 23rd 04, 04:59 PM
Karen

(Leslie) wrote in message ...
Karen said:

That's great that he took the news well and is looking forward to the
new baby. I know my husband would have a similar reaction if I told
him #7 was coming.

Any plans for lucky number 7? :-)

Plans? No. I actually only 'planned' my third. Everybody else was
expected and happily accepted but not worked on or planned. And
wouldn't you know it #3 is the one who will give me every single gray
hair I get.
If we're blessed with #7 someday I'll let you know:-)

[...]

The largest family at my church has 13 and there are quite a few with
7 or 8.

Take care of you and the wombie and if need be let the dress out.

Thanks, Karen! I haven't been fitted yet and I plan to share the secret with
the seamstress and aske her to leave a little room. :-)

I'm sure it won't be the first time she has had that request:-)

Karen

update on nursing strike Lucy Breastfeeding 13 February 7th 04 03:48 AM
35 Week Update Mark Cimoli Pregnancy 0 October 29th 03 03:48 PM
ATTN Elle...update to my ectopic post JNJ Pregnancy 9 October 27th 03 01:51 AM
31 week appointment update and question kylee Pregnancy 1 October 23rd 03 02:20 AM
39+ weeks ob/gyn appointment, update & question Elly Pregnancy 5 October 3rd 03 09:11 PM