November due dates

Old October 26th 04, 11:39 PM
Leslie

Andrea said:

Ah ok, I've had a few panic attacks myself recently but mine have been
because I was scared I was dying, so it is easier to rationalise...well
sort of..when you have a reason to work with.

Why were you scared you were dying?

Have you done hypsnosis before? Did it work?

No I haven't but I am going to soon, I have a friend who does Neuro
Linguistic programming so I am going to get some sessions on reducing
birth anxiety before the big day.

Do you have anxiety because of your most recent birth? I wasn't hanging around
here then but I gather you had some problems? Let me know how the hypnosis
goes--I hope it works for you.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 27th 04, 02:28 AM
Unadulterated Me

Leslie wrote:
Andrea said:

Ah ok, I've had a few panic attacks myself recently but mine have been
because I was scared I was dying, so it is easier to rationalise...well
sort of..when you have a reason to work with.

Why were you scared you were dying?

I don't know, I just was lol.
They were usually triggered if I had an out of the blue physical
symptom, usually to do with breathing, or my chest. I'd think I was
having a heart attack or my airway was closing up, then the panic attack
would start and the feelings got worse, I'd start to hyperventilate,
shake, have chest pain. I've only had three, the first one I had I think
before last Christmas. But if I feel like I'm getting sick I get very
panicky, I felt queezy yesterday and dizzy for an hour or so in the
morning and I was convinced I had salmonella or Giardia, and that I'd
end up dead, I think the technical term for my condition is
hypochondriac lol

Do you have anxiety because of your most recent birth?

I don't think so. Well the birth/op in and off itself isn't an issue of
anxiety, but the whole experience brought home my mortality I suppose.
There was one episode on day 2 I think where I had severe chest pain and
couldn't breath and thought I was going to die. They thought I had an
embolism and brought up the the portable chest x-ray to my room but all
it was were my gas engorged bowels in my chest compressing my lungs...I
only needed to have a ripping great fart, but you know I was sure I was
done for lol

I wasn't hanging around
here then but I gather you had some problems?

Lydia was in a bad position and I couldn't get her out so I transfered
and had a c/section.

Let me know how the hypnosis
goes--I hope it works for you.

I will, thanks :-)

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:40 AM
Leslie

Andrea said:

But if I feel like I'm getting sick I get very
panicky, I felt queezy yesterday and dizzy for an hour or so in the
morning and I was convinced I had salmonella or Giardia, and that I'd
end up dead, I think the technical term for my condition is
hypochondriac lol

Wow, sounds awful! It doesn't matter if it is hypochondriacal, if it makes you
feel that way. It's like depression, you may know it's physical and that it
will go away, but it still feels like hell while it lasts. I hope you feel all
better soon. :-)

Old November 1st 04, 08:08 PM
Boliath

"Zaz" wrote
Swimming is still fine, it's the driving
there that really causes me concern: I get contractions, and I don't like to
get that when I'm driving...

Me too, I get bad back pain when I drive.

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

Funny: I wake up at every sleeping cycle, every 1,5 hour or so. Then, of
course, I must go to the bathroom. I switch sleeping sides when I come back.
DH and I are now in separate rooms, as we were both preventing each other
from getting a good night's rest. So if I wake up on my left side, get off
the left side of the bed, I come back in bed on the right side, grab my body
pillow (Albert)

LOL, mine is called Larry, he's even on the "what to bring to
hospital" list, I'm not sure I'll give him up when the baby is here.

and do the next cycle on my right side... until the next
one. The cats are not enjoying this, as they have to cope with my feet going
from one side of the bed to the other.

Ditto, but it's a dog.

How's life generally treating you these days?

Life is fine. DH is a pearl, full of attentions, full of tenderness. He
takes good care of me, never complains about the fact that I've become an
extremely lazy person (especially since I stopped working). I love him more
and more, and I can see in his eyes that the feeling is mutual.

Lucky you, my Dbf is being a total pain.

I'm being induced on Wednesday, last appointment I was 3cm and 50%
effaced so I've been trying to get things going myself since then,
midwife stripped my membranes and I had bleeding and contractions for
the rest of the day, but nothing regular or increasing in strength so
I'm starting to resign myself to induction now :c(

I do so want to have this baby now, I'm fed up waiting around in
limbo, I know everyone sayas enjoy these last few days but I can't,
I'm exhausted, cranky, fall asleep every time I sit down and then am
up all night, the dog is acting out and doing all the bad things she
did as a puppy, man is being a total ass...my Mum comes on Sunday and
baby will be here by then so I know all will be well, that's the light
at the end of the tunnel for me, my Mum and my baby - yay!
Old November 3rd 04, 09:29 PM
Zaz

"Boliath" wrote in message
m...

Funny: I wake up at every sleeping cycle, every 1,5 hour or so. Then, of
course, I must go to the bathroom. I switch sleeping sides when I come
back.
DH and I are now in separate rooms, as we were both preventing each other
from getting a good night's rest. So if I wake up on my left side, get
off
the left side of the bed, I come back in bed on the right side, grab my
body
pillow (Albert)

LOL, mine is called Larry, he's even on the "what to bring to
hospital" list, I'm not sure I'll give him up when the baby is here.

Albert is on my list too!

Lucky you, my Dbf is being a total pain.

I am very sorry to hear that. I find that DH is quite a unique specimen...

I do so want to have this baby now, I'm fed up waiting around in
limbo, I know everyone sayas enjoy these last few days but I can't,

IMO, those who describe these last few days as being enjoyable have either
forgot how it is, or are just giving us BS. A month ago I was fine. Now
it's like the nightmare that sees no end...

Good luck, I'll be looking for your birth story!

Isabelle

Old November 3rd 04, 10:40 PM
Wendy

Isabelle, when you say "the nightmare that has no end" IKWYM!! LOL!

Wendy

November due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 6 September 26th 04 11:16 PM
November due dates 11/04 Mary S. Pregnancy 18 August 16th 04 06:41 PM
November due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 6 May 8th 04 01:50 PM
November due dates Mary Pregnancy 3 April 7th 04 01:03 PM
November due dates, TTC'ers, and new members Mary S. Pregnancy 9 March 15th 04 10:13 PM