Away for awhile

Old October 28th 04, 02:32 PM
Leslie

Kay said:

Good news my best friend from college is coming out in 2 weeks to visit. I
am so excited since it has been 5 or 6 years since we saw each other. I
think we will be having a blast.

Oh, that's great! I know you will be having a wonderful time.

I know what you are saying about wishing she lived closer mine lives in CA.
She use to live closer for a little but things happened in her marriage and
had to go home.

My friend and I were roommates all four years in college, then lived a mile
apart and carpooled to work every day for the year after that! Driving away
when we moved, while she sat on the curb waving good-bye, was a very
emotionally wrenching experience! Then, even after that, we used to see each
other a couple of times a year, because they lived in D.C. and my husband's
family was in Baltimore, so we would see them whenever they cam up.

Then they up and moved to Minnesota! Since then, we went there once, she came
here as you know, and once in between (five years ago) we met up for our
college reunion. It sucks. My dream would be for her to live here. I just
don't feel like I have a "best" friend here.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth