dodgy competition

Old March 19th 04, 01:16 PM
elizabeth emerald

Default dodgy competition

i'm reading an australian parenting magazine (practical parenting) and
looking at the competition pages. in one competition there are 2 big pics of
neslac toddler formula from nestle.

the heading is titled "neslac". but the competition says "your toddler
depends on you for all of her nutritional needs. Neslac Toddler contains
Bifidus BL, which helps protect your child by reducing the chance of tummy
bugs while improving the balance of healthy flora in the digestive system.
While you're caring for your insides, *L'Oreal* would like to take care of
your outsides. We have 10 gift packs of wonderful L'Oreal skincare &
cosmetics...." blah blah blah. and you send the competition entry to nestle
not l'oreal.

obviously nestle think you shouldn't offer formula as a prize (btw, toddler
formula can be marketed & given out as samples over here in australia) so
they offer cosmetics instead. but it all seems a bit weird the pics of the
formula but winning an unrelated prize. all the other competitions have pics
of what you are winning. what does everyone else think?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 19th 04, 04:55 PM
iphigenia

elizabeth emerald wrote:
but it all seems a bit
weird the pics of the formula but winning an unrelated prize. all the
other competitions have pics of what you are winning. what does
everyone else think?

Well, Nestle own L'Oreal, so they're just trying to promote other products
of theirs that moms might be interested in, I expect.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old March 19th 04, 06:01 PM
Larry McMahan

elizabeth emerald writes:
[...]

A blatent attempt to cirmumvent the WHO code. Just what you would expect
from Nestle!

: --
: elizabeth (in australia)
: DS - born 20-aug-02

Larry
Old March 19th 04, 10:01 PM
A&G&K

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message
[...]

Grrr! Is what I think. What a sneaky add campaign.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 19th 04, 10:09 PM
elizabeth emerald

"iphigenia" wrote in message
elizabeth emerald wrote:
but it all seems a bit
weird the pics of the formula but winning an unrelated prize. all the
other competitions have pics of what you are winning. what does
everyone else think?

Well, Nestle own L'Oreal, so they're just trying to promote other products
of theirs that moms might be interested in, I expect.

oh, i see. i didn't realise that they owned l'oreal. they really own lots of
stuff don't they?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 19th 04, 10:12 PM
elizabeth emerald

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
elizabeth emerald writes:
[...]

yeah, i am pretty sick of all the toddler formula ads in parents rooms and
magazines and free samples being bandied about here. the ads (for karicare,
is that nestle?) usually say something like "sarah doesn't get all her
vitamins from eating stuff, but she does from this toddler formula". i look
at them & think, well breastfeeding the toddler would give them all the
vitamins too so people should try extended breastfeeding!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 20th 04, 02:50 AM
A&G&K

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message

how are you feeling at the moment, amanda? everything going well?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Pretty good thanks My morphology ultrasound appointment keeps getting
postponed by Qld X-Ray, so now I have to wait an extra week (I'll be 20 w3 d
when they finally do it), but everything else is great. Bub is moving
around a lot (I'm sure the muppet heard me telling DD to kick her legs at
swimming lessons this morning and joined in) and I hardly ever feel sick any
more. The only sad thing is that DD weaned a couple of weeks ago now when
my milk changed to colostrum, but hopefully she'll pick it up again when she
sees somebody else with her beloved boobies

How about you? How is your little man doing?

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 21st 04, 11:08 PM
elizabeth emerald

"A&G&K" wrote in message

[...]

DS does swimming lessons too. he's going pretty well, he's gone up to the
transition class, but he won't do anything you ask unless he wants to.
typical!
he's more active than ever & i'm having a hard time keeping up! i never give
him sugar or chocolate (it would be too scary!) and he has the energy of a
whirlwind. everyone who sees him feels tired just watching him. LOL!

i'm sorry your DD has weaned. but like you say, she might get back on once
the new bub is born. fingers crossed. are you getting big? we are planning
on trying again in december or when i lose enough weight to be ordinary
(about 8kg left). what's a morphology ultrasound? is that the 3d one?

we are thinking about visiting a friend in brisbane later in the year so if
we do perhaps we can get together for a "coffee". no promises, as finances
will dictate whether we can, but it would be nice to meet in person.

i've been hanging out at the newsgroup alt.aus.parents. everyone's really
friendly over there. you should come check it out, being australian & all.

hope you don't get kicked too much today.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old March 23rd 04, 06:54 AM
A&G&K

[...]

DD is getting worse at swimming rather than better She now will cry if
she even thinks water will get into her eyes. She also refuses to shut her
mouth and will try to drink the pool water rather than try to blow bubbles.
I know she knows what "blow" means but she must like the feeling of water in
her mouth. We are going to stop lessons now until next summer when she
will hopefully understand a few more instructions. Pretty exciting that
your DS has already graduated a class We look in awe at all the toddlers
(and babies) who are already able to paddle their way to the edge of the
pool.

Your DS sounds a bit like DD ... although thankfully she races around for a
while and then crashes into sleep. I feel terrible somedays as its all the
energy I can muster to play with her ... although thankfully the second
trimester has really kicked in now and I'm not as exhausted as I was. I
don't give her any chocolate or lollies, but she does get the occaisional
half a milk arrowroot biscuit.

I got my "Cherish" sculpture today (advertised in Essence last year) and it
did make me feel sad that she has weaned She was really excited by the
sculpture (of a bf mother and bub) and said "bubby having boobie drink" and
played with it for a while. Hoepfully she'll start again when the new
person arrives.
I'm just now starting to need maternity clothes (mostly pants) but I'm not
too big yet compared to others I know The morphology u/s is the "19
week" one or the standard one most Australian women have.

It would be great to meet up if you come to Brissie. Let me know if you are
coming

.... ahh the aus.parents group ... a friend suggested that I pop over there
for a look ... and also at alt.mothers , but I can't get it on my newsserver
atm, because it just keeps getting "stuck" when I go to reset the list
It looks like I will have to call tech support to correct the problem
as ozemail couldn't give me a solution via e-mail. I will be sure to drop
in there once I've sorted out the problem.

Ahhh the petal has awoken and is calling me
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003