Away for awhile

Old October 21st 04, 04:51 PM
Leslie

Default Away for awhile

Lest anyone think I'm off having a baby or something :-p I thought I'd let you
know that I don't expect to be on the computer much after this afternoon until
Monday. My best friend from college is coming all the way from Minnesota to
spend a few days here and pamper me. :-) She was planning to come after the
baby is born, but after hearing what kind of state I've been in lately, she
thought I could use her more now. So I don't expect I will have time to be on
the computer until she goes home--I haven't seen her in five years.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 22nd 04, 01:21 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Leslie wrote:

My best friend from college is coming all the way from Minnesota to
spend a few days here and pamper me. :-)

What a wonderful friend!
Old October 26th 04, 02:34 AM
Leslie

What a wonderful friend!

So true, you would not believe all the stuff she did for me while she was here.

She took everything our of William's room and painted his floor, then went to
Wal-Mart with me and helped pick out containers etc. to organize things (all
Lorelei's clothes have to get in his room somehow). Then she helped me put the
room back together. She also painted Jake's walls (he had been living with
unpainted drywall for nearly a year) and then put his room back together again.
As a gift, she paid for everything it took to do these two projects! She also
bought me a vacuum that is supoposed to work well on woodfloors so maybe one
day I can aspire to be as good a housekeeper as Sophie. And she bought some
other stuff as well, plus did all this work while I took naps and the like. It
was great to have her here.

Old October 26th 04, 03:57 AM
Kaybee

she sounds like my best friend/roommate from college. You are so blessed to
have a friend like that.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old October 26th 04, 05:10 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Leslie wrote:
What a wonderful friend!

So true, you would not believe all the stuff she did for me while she was here.

She took everything our of William's room and painted his floor, then went to
Wal-Mart with me and helped pick out containers etc. to organize things (all
Lorelei's clothes have to get in his room somehow). Then she helped me put the
room back together. She also painted Jake's walls (he had been living with
unpainted drywall for nearly a year) and then put his room back together again.
As a gift, she paid for everything it took to do these two projects! She also
bought me a vacuum that is supoposed to work well on woodfloors so maybe one
day I can aspire to be as good a housekeeper as Sophie. And she bought some
other stuff as well, plus did all this work while I took naps and the like. It
was great to have her here.

Wow! Sounds like you had a busy, but fun, time!
Old October 26th 04, 05:18 PM
Joybelle

"Leslie" wrote in message

What a wonderful friend!

So true, you would not believe all the stuff she did for me while she was

here.

She sounds positively lovely, Leslie! Sounds like a lot was accomplished.
Now you can relax and enjoy those last weeks, right?!
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Old October 27th 04, 03:43 AM
Leslie

Kay said:

she sounds like my best friend/roommate from college. You are so blessed to
have a friend like that.

I know I am. I just wish she lived closer. It had been five years since last
we met, although it didn't feel a bit like that.

Old October 27th 04, 03:44 AM
Leslie

Wow! Sounds like you had a busy, but fun, time!

Yeah, she said she felt kind of bad because she came to town and word me out
instead of letting me rest! But I did take naps and all that while she
painted. :-)

Old October 27th 04, 03:45 AM
Leslie

Joy asked:

She sounds positively lovely, Leslie! Sounds like a lot was accomplished.
Now you can relax and enjoy those last weeks, right?!

If I had my bag packed I think I could *almost* relax. It sounds so ridiculous
how long a week seems to me right now.

Old October 28th 04, 05:25 AM
Kaybee

Good news my best friend from college is coming out in 2 weeks to visit. I
am so excited since it has been 5 or 6 years since we saw each other. I
think we will be having a blast.

I know what you are saying about wishing she lived closer mine lives in CA.
She use to live closer for a little but things happened in her marriage and
had to go home.

Kay