November due dates

Old October 24th 04, 06:22 PM
Sarah Vaughan

Default November due dates

(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are all the almost-almost-theres? Knee-deep in childbirth
classes? Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?
Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

All the best,

Sarah
--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old October 24th 04, 11:37 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Sarah Vaughan
writes
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are all the almost-almost-theres?

Apart from feeling overwhelmed by all the stuff I still have to do, I'm
fine. ;-)

Knee-deep in childbirth
classes?

Barely even ankle-deep. We've had three out of the four, so far - one
on pregnancy, one on normal labour, and one that started off with a bit
on problems in labour and went on to talk about care of the newborn. I
can't say I've got much information that I didn't already know, but I
wasn't expecting to, so I don't feel disappointed there. But I _was_
hoping to make friends with women at the same stage as me, and somehow
that just doesn't seem to have happened - we haven't had any sort of
introduction or getting-to-know-each-other stage, and everyone just goes
their separate ways after the class. Of course, the fact that we've
managed to be barely on time for the first two classes and late to the
third doesn't help - maybe if I turn up early next time I can actually
manage to get chatting to someone!

Waking up a zillion times at night,

Yes - mainly because my snoring is waking DH a zillion times at night,
and I then get woken by the nudges and/or mutterings of 'For f***'s
sake'. I've always been a snorer, but apparently it's a lot worse
recently - I'm wondering whether it's due to the pregnancy? Anyone else
found this? Fortunately I'm good at getting back to sleep again, but I'm
worried I'm going to have DH in such a hopelessly sleep-deprived state
before we even have the baby that he'll be no good to me afterwards!

have to pee more often?

Oh, boy, yes. Worst when I'm walking around - unless I have a
completely empty bladder, it gets uncomfortable. Oh, well, it's worth
it to know that the head is engaged. ;-)

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them. Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

Don't know about hiccups, but the littl'un is certainly causing some
earthquakes now and again. DH teases me that he takes after me, since
I'm a notorious fidget. ;-)

How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

Finished work on Friday and got a great send-off from everyone - piles
of presents, chocolate cake, flowers, balloons. Feels good knowing I
don't have to get up early tomorrow. Now I just have to get on with all
the other stuff that needs doing - pack my bag, buy stuff we haven't yet
got, get a bit fitter, practice squatting, do all the things like
tidying my desk and catching up on letters that I won't have time to do
for the next twenty years or so after these few weeks - my mind is
spinning!

Old October 25th 04, 03:06 PM
Zaz

How are all the almost-almost-theres?

I have been drifting between bouts of exhaustion, feeling down, to being
energetic and ready to conquer the world. Sort of a low-key manic-depressive
behaviour, almost.
I have had to cut down on most of my activities, however. Shopping is now
almost out of the question: first, I walk extremely slowly due to the baby's
pressure on my pelvic bone going right tho my hipbones, as well as on my
bladder. I have had to stop doing many yoga postures because I have a little
surplus of amniotic fluid and we would love to keep baby in her current
position: head down, back front... Swimming is still fine, it's the driving
there that really causes me concern: I get contractions, and I don't like to
get that when I'm driving...

Knee-deep in childbirth classes?

Been there, done that. There were three classes, with at top 16 people in
the room. I don't think I've learned so much about the actual physical
process of childbirth, but they helped me realise how I feel about the whole
"becoming a family" thing.

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

Funny: I wake up at every sleeping cycle, every 1,5 hour or so. Then, of
course, I must go to the bathroom. I switch sleeping sides when I come back.
DH and I are now in separate rooms, as we were both preventing each other
from getting a good night's rest. So if I wake up on my left side, get off
the left side of the bed, I come back in bed on the right side, grab my body
pillow (Albert) and do the next cycle on my right side... until the next
one. The cats are not enjoying this, as they have to cope with my feet going
from one side of the bed to the other.

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them.

We put the camescope beside my bare belly for over an hour. I took note of
the times when baby moved, and we've made a short film of it. It's quite
funny!

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

I can't help but worry about hiccups, as they are so painful when they
happen to me. I remember a discussion here about how they shouldn't be
painful to a baby or foetus, but I'm still not reassured. If I hurt whenever
I have the hiccups, and I remember hurting from a very early age, what proof
do I have that they don't hurt my little girl?
I try not to fret too much about it.

How's life generally treating you these days?

Life is fine. DH is a pearl, full of attentions, full of tenderness. He
takes good care of me, never complains about the fact that I've become an
extremely lazy person (especially since I stopped working). I love him more
and more, and I can see in his eyes that the feeling is mutual.

Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

Oh... you don't want me to get into that. Well, here goes the short version.

I want to give birth NOW. I don't want to be separated from my baby. I want
to show her to the world. I don't want anyone to touch her or come near her.
I don't want to share her with anyone. I want to keep my special
relationship with ther, in my womb. I can't wait to get my own body back. I
don't want to change diapers. I want to hold her close. I want to see her
face. I want her to stay safe in my belly... And on, and on, and on!

Isabelle

All the best,

Sarah

Old October 26th 04, 02:03 AM
Leslie

How are all the almost-almost-theres? Knee-deep in childbirth
classes?

We didn't take any this time. I've had Lamaze twice, and Bradley once (three
years ago) and sometimes I feel like I've read every book ever written on the
subject, so I guess that ought to be okay, but I still wish I could at least
get my husband to practice with me. He thinks he's Mr. Expert by now, and
practice is unnecessary.

Waking up a zillion times at night,

About every two hours.

have to pee more often?

When I wake up at night I have to go so bad that I can hardly walk!

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them.

Don't own a camcorder, I'm afraid.

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

Don't think I've experienced that.

How's life
generally treating you these days?

Yuck. I am feeling pretty miserable ATM.

Updates

Lots of BH contrax, some so bad I can't walk through them, almost all of them
causing shortness of breath--that could be a good sign, right? Maybe they are
actually doing something? I was 2 cm at my last appt, and my next is this
Wednesday. I've been doing the EPO and hope that has softened things up some.
The stuff my doc gave me cured the hemorrhoids, so that's one piece of good
news, also Zantac seems to work on the heartburn.

, vents, rants, complaints,

Totally, totally exhausted; I can't stand up for more than a few minutes at a
time. My back doesn't hurt, it just feel tired, like it can't hold all this
weight up any more! I have to nap for at least two hours a day. And I am
still suffering from anxiety. I was cheerful all weekend while my friend was
here, but she left this morning and it all came back. All afternoon I felt
like I could barely breathe. I've had trouble falling asleep to; it's so
frustrating; I get into my best sleep right around the time I have to get up
with the kids.

mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

I wish I HAD some mushy gushings but the truth is that I can't even get to the
point of thinkig about the actual baby yet! It's weird, but it all seems kind
of like an academic exercise. If I'm excited about anything at all it is about
the challenge of labor. My husband and the kids are the ones who are excited
about the baby. Not that I don't expect to feel differently once I see her.
:-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 26th 04, 02:12 AM
Unadulterated Me

Leslie wrote:

All afternoon I felt
like I could barely breathe.

What are you feeling anxious about Leslie? Is it the birth? Have you
tried hypnosis?

Andrea
Old October 26th 04, 02:21 AM
Leslie

Andrea asked:

What are you feeling anxious about Leslie?

I have no idea. It seems to be kind of free-floating but it does get worse
when I am feeling overwhelmed with the house and the kids. If I am staying
busy with something it seems to go away.

Is it the birth?

I have some anxiety to a certain degree about not being ready for the
birth--that is, I'm not packed yet, we haven't practiced relaxing etc., I
haven't cleaned house or frozen any food like I usually do and I don't have the
energy to do those things . . . as for the physical act of birth, I'm sure I
have some unconscious feelings about all that, being terrified of having
another section, or of not being able to do everything naturally like I want .
.. .

Have you
tried hypnosis?

No. All I've done is take Calms Forte pills and Rescue Remedy and tea withKava
Kava in it. I came really close to popping an anti-anxiety pill (buspar
belinging to my husband and okayed by the OB) this afternoon, but I resisted.

Have you done hypsnosis before? Did it work?

Old October 26th 04, 03:33 AM
Wendy

First of all, I'd like to thank Sarah for taking the time to post this.
: ) Unfortunately at the moment I have several vents, rants, and
complaints. I. Am. So. Tired. I have so many things I feel I need to do
before baby comes and not even half the energy it requires to do them.
It's really hard to believe I only have four weeks to go. It's just so
hard to imagine that we will be bringing a whole extra little person
home to live with us! I did get a little gushy this weekend when my mom
and I were buying adorable tiny pink baby clothes. It makes it feel so
much more real to envision a baby wearing them! Honestly though, I must
admit I am looking forward to being done. I'd like to look and feel like
"myself" again and be able to wear cute non-maternity clothes. I am a
little tired of feeling like a pregnant mama and carting around this big
belly. : )

Wendy

Old October 26th 04, 04:31 AM
Unadulterated Me

Leslie wrote:

Andrea asked:

What are you feeling anxious about Leslie?

I have no idea. It seems to be kind of free-floating but it does get worse
when I am feeling overwhelmed with the house and the kids. If I am staying
busy with something it seems to go away.

Ah ok, I've had a few panic attacks myself recently but mine have been
because I was scared I was dying, so it is easier to rationalise...well
sort of..when you have a reason to work with.

Have you done hypsnosis before? Did it work?

No I haven't but I am going to soon, I have a friend who does Neuro
Linguistic programming so I am going to get some sessions on reducing
birth anxiety before the big day.

Andrea
Old October 26th 04, 06:01 AM
emilymr

How are all the almost-almost-theres? Knee-deep in childbirth
classes?

Just finished our last one this evening... It was sort of helpful, but
very geared towards hospital birth and I already knew most of the stuff.
Honestly, you all have been more helpful than the class -- and much
cheaper!!

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

Yes... :P I have to shift from side to side since legs/butt start to
fall asleep. And it's no easy task, heaving my enormous belly around! My
poor DH hasn't gotten any good sleep in about a month...

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

Yep. Pretty funny... DH was tickliing my belly the other day and started
them up. hehe

How's life generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants,
complaints, mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

OK... I'm tired and achy and one of my fingers hurts all the time
(localized carpal tunnel??), and I'm about ready to pop this sucker out!
But I can't, because we don't have a changing mat yet. We decided to
rent a tub to do water labor/maybe birth, so I'm hoping that will be good.
I feel like I've got so much stuff to do before, but I guess
theoretically he could come as soon as Thursday... OK, maybe I'm NOT ready
to pop him out yet!!! haha

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Old October 26th 04, 11:37 PM
Leslie

You and I sound just alike, Wendy. I have to sit down every few minutes, and
all I think about every day is when I can hit the bed next. All through my
pregnancy I was napping around lunchtime, now there are days when I go back to
sleep before ten!

November due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 6 September 26th 04 11:16 PM
November due dates 11/04 Mary S. Pregnancy 18 August 16th 04 06:41 PM
November due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 6 May 8th 04 01:50 PM
November due dates Mary Pregnancy 3 April 7th 04 01:03 PM
November due dates, TTC'ers, and new members Mary S. Pregnancy 9 March 15th 04 10:13 PM