Talk Me Out of It

Old October 29th 04, 12:36 AM
Leslie

Emily said:

You can do it, Leslie!!

Thanks, Emily.

It's not too much longer now, and since there was
a full moon last night, it should be even closer, right????

I was hoping that myself!

Maybe it
would help to try and *accept* the sleepiness (and just give in and
sleep!!) rather than fight it or feel guilty about it --

That's what I did today--I went back to bed at 9:30 and slept for about two and
a half hours, then took another nap this afternoon for about an hour and a
half.

I'm sure your
family can take it for the VERY SHORT time left between now and the baby.

My husband already told me not to worry about it. I sat the kids down and
explained to them how I am feeling and gave them a list of things they are
going to be doing this weekend. They are not pleased but they are getting
ready to get started. They have the day off from school tomorrow and cleaning
the house was not their preferred way to spend it! OTOH, there are already a
lot of fun things planned for the weekend because of Halloween, so they ought
not to complain too much about having to clean in between.

The way I look at it, no woman who VBAC'ed a 13+ pound baby should *ever*
feel stupid about complaining. If anyone's 'earned' the right to
complain, it's you!!

Thanks!

Lots of strong contraction wishes... hehe

:-) And then I start having these BH ones that are so hard--and I start
getting scared and wonder what I am in such a hurry about!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 29th 04, 12:38 AM
Leslie

Amanda said:

Hugs Leslie,
I know that last week or so is just awful but it will get better as soon as
Lorelei arrives. But you absolutely *can* get through it. Any woman who
had a 13 lb VBAC can do *anything* she puts her mind to.

I sure hope so.

This is a bit of a mantra for me during any dark days .... "remember, time
constantly moves forward and you will move on from this".
Alternatively, you might like my friend's mantra ... "When you are half way
through hell - KEEP GOING"

I think I like yours a bit better--it's more hopeful. I'll start chanting
right away. :-)

You can do it Leslie.

Thanks, Amanda!

Old October 29th 04, 12:39 AM
Leslie

Kelly said:

Remember what you are in for after the baby is born (night feedings, crying,
etc) Not that those things are awful or that you already are sleep
deprived....

LOL. I always tell people who complain at the end to enjoy those last few days
.. . . I'm having trouble taking my own advice! I did tell my husband that I
expect to be taken out to dinner alone one last time this weekend!

Hang in there (((hugs))) You can do it and will be so happy
with yourself when you go into labor, have the delivery, and are holding
your baby. You can do it!!!!!

Thanks, Kelly.

Old October 29th 04, 12:40 AM
Leslie

Melissa said:

HUGS (first). I hope that you're already feeling better.

I am. Today has not been quite as bad, and all the virtual hugs are helping.

Just so you know, if you're induced, you won't get a good night sleep again
for a few weeks due to baby waking every few hours to eat. How about a nice
glass of wine and a bath before bed?

I've been doing the bath but hadn't thought of the wine . . . hmm . . .

Milk with vanilla and honey? A massage?

I'll make my husband rub my legs tonight--that helps.

I'm sending you labor vibes...

Thanks!

Old October 29th 04, 12:41 AM
Leslie

JennP said:

As my friend told me yesterday (I'm 4 days past date),
"She's just being cooperative". We *just* finished a massive kitchen
renovation and addition and I really needed to get as much unpacked. I liked
my friend's spin on it.

that's an awesome way to look at it. She will probably come when you feel like
you are ready for her.

How are you feeling?

Old October 29th 04, 12:43 AM
Leslie

Todd said:

I think babies are tuned into moms in utero - tuned into their happinesses
and their anxieties.

I think moms and babies collaborate to stop labor sometimes - like when an
anxious mother arrives at the hospital.

I think you are totally right which is one reason I am so upset that I can't
being myself to do what I usually do, like getting packed and getting the house
cleaned up and filling the cabinets and freezer with food. I'm afraid the baby
won't come if I am not "ready" for her subconsciously. But maybe I am
overthinking things.

Old October 29th 04, 12:44 AM
Leslie

Wendy said:

LMAO!! I am going to take the fact that you feel less wimpy after
reading 'my' posts as a huge compliment!

:-) In case I wasn't clear, I should say, it makes me feel good to see that
other people in the same situation are feeling similar things, so it's not just
a case of me being a big whiny baby!

I hope you are psychic and I
will be the next after you. : )

I hope so too, and I hope it's soon for both of us and VBACs to boot!

Old October 29th 04, 12:47 AM
Leslie

Ericka said:

Absolutely. With all you're up against at the moment, as long
as everyone has food and clothing and isn't in danger, call it a
success and move on.

LOL. I've been able to keep up with the laundry, so that's good . . . food's a
different story. So far tonight supper has consisted of bagels with butter and
some plain noodles. It may be supplemented by Little Caesar's pizza if John
remembers to bring some home on his way back from the Bible study class he is
at right now. I guess no one will die of malnutrition if it's only for a few
weeks!

Old October 29th 04, 12:48 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Leslie wrote:

I've BEEN taking one long break. I can't bring myself to do much of anything!
I just need to stop feeling guilty about it I guess.

Absolutely. With all you're up against at the moment, as long
as everyone has food and clothing and isn't in danger, call it a
success and move on.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 29th 04, 01:15 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Leslie wrote:

Ericka said:

Absolutely. With all you're up against at the moment, as long
as everyone has food and clothing and isn't in danger, call it a
success and move on.

LOL. I've been able to keep up with the laundry, so that's good . . . food's a
different story. So far tonight supper has consisted of bagels with butter and
some plain noodles. It may be supplemented by Little Caesar's pizza if John
remembers to bring some home on his way back from the Bible study class he is
at right now. I guess no one will die of malnutrition if it's only for a few
weeks!

Hey, they're eating. Put together a grocery list of foods
that don't require cooking or that the kids can cook (make 'em
reasonably healthy, if it makes you feel better) and then
send your husband out to load up on that stuff. They can live
on sandwiches and soup for a little while if that's what it takes.

Best wishes,
Ericka