Xavier Is Here!!!!

Old October 31st 04, 04:43 AM
Nikki

Tori M. wrote:

At 7:09am on Weds Oct 27 Xavier William was born weighing 8 lbs 7 oz
and was 20 inches long.

Congratulations Tori!! You did a wondeful job! :-) Welcome to Xavier.
Such a big healthy boy. I had guessed a smaller healthy boy ;-)

--
Nikki

Old October 31st 04, 04:58 AM
zolw

Welcome home Xavier! & Congratulations Mama & Papa of Baby Xavier.

Tori you did a good job but where are the pics?

Mona
Mama of Sina
born August 4th' 2004

Tori M. wrote:
Ok as you all know I was impatiently waiting for my midwife and the OB to
pick an induction day as of Monday 25 because tuesday was no good but we
were looking at wednsday and had decided that Jeff would take tuesday night
off work and the next morning Wed 27 we would induce but only with a pit
drip and only do what was safe with lack of cont. monitoring and if at
anytime the ob/midwife team decided it was not working we would stop the
drip and start over giving a little break. I was a bit weary of that plan
since it was not a guarentee that I would have the baby just an attempt but
I agreed and went home. At the appointment I had an internal again due to
my lack of patience and Kelly said she would not strip my membranes because
there was a snag in the water sack and she did not want to risk breaking my
water with the baby so high up and me being 5 cm dialated. I got dressed
and went to my MIL house while DH worked out on our Van and I noticed i was
having infrequent braxton hicks nothing major so I carried on with my day.
As Tuesday Night wore on I noticed I was still having the braxton hicks and
they where bugging me enough that I got a huge glass of water downed it and
went to lay down for a bit. My mom and grandmother were on their way with
my MIL and FIL and I figured I would have time to take a small nap before
they should get there. I layed down and had a contraction and it dawned on
me that the contractions REALLY hurt.. not just slight gas feelings but
really starting to hurt. Jeff heard me get up from bed and asked what was
wrong and I told him I thought I was in labor. Just 2 minutes later M+GM
came through the door and Jeff anounced to everyone that I was in labor
meanwhile I did not even know how far apart contrations were or even if they
happened at frequent intervals just that i was having contractions and they
hurt.
I timed a few and called Kelly and she wanted me to go into the hospital but
gave me the option of staying home but i wanted to go in to be sure they
were really labor pains and not just b/h. I got to the hospital sometime
arround 11 pm and I was not dialated more but my cervix was paper thin and
so they started doing all the steps to keep me. At the same time I was
given a HUGE cup of water to drink and was encouraged to drink all I wanted.
I could have eaten as well but the thought of food was turning my stomack.
I did have a nice container of mylanta though
Anyway by 2am Kelly said i was dialated to 7 and all we needed was for
Xavier to move down a bit and she was sure that when he did I would dialate
pretty fast since i was so stretchy. To this point I had no pain meds and
really did not need them so when people asked I just said no thank you and
labored on. One thing that I found was nice was that the nurse and kelly
both told me how good I was doing and that they were impressed that I was so
calm since they both thought i should be in more pain.
Arround 4 am Kelly said Xavier was FINALY in a spot that she could break my
water and that should help him move down into position better and also
mentioned I should try to get up and walk arround for a bit.. I was not
really interested but she asked me if I would like to try to use the toilet
since it had been a while. I said yes reluctantly since position changes
brought on more contractions and Kelly asked me if I wanted any pain meds.
I thought about it and decided just the IV stuff to take the edge off.
Later she said she was glad that I just wanted the IV drugs because the
stuff she used was short acting and really did not do much except make 4-5
contrations bearable as opposed to shoot me now while I walked arround I
sat on the toilet for maybe 1/2 an hour and Kelly asked if i would like to
sit on a staight back chair to keep me upright for a while.. I said that
sounded better then the walking and right after it felt like I peed all over
and i was so embarassed since we had 5 people in the room as wittnesses/non
medical friends/family... Kelly assured me it was just me leaking amniotic
fluid and i noticed that when the leaking happened the contractions felt
better so I focased on helping that proccess durring contractions.. by that
point the pain meds had worn off and I wanted to lay back down and Kelly
wanted to check for progress. Arround 6 am Kelly said that Xavier was STILL
not moving down and she wanted me to get up again so after about 1/2 an hour
of me whining and stalling she set me up on a birthing ball leaning up
against the bed. Oh we also determined durring the last exam that I was
having back labor because Xavier was facing the wrong way and she offered to
turn him but I had her stop because it was causing harder contractions and
it HURT a lot.
By 6:45am, I was watching the clock since she said I only had to stay on the
ball til 7.. was a compromise to never getting on it, I started feeling
involentary pushing feelings and I was trying to not push and it was really
bad but I never thought to mention it since I was waiting for 7am.. When
FINALY 7 came Kelly came and asked how I was doing and I said I felt pushy
she said I could get off the ball and she would check to see how I had
progressed and FINALY I could push.

At 7:09am on Weds Oct 27 Xavier William was born weighing 8 lbs 7 oz and was
20 inches long. Other then 2 shots of short acting pain meds I went drug
free! Kelly thinks next time I could do without even that.. She is great.
We started off trying to breastfeed but Xavier did not catch on in the
hospital and I decided that I would not be able to keep up with the
pumping/cup feeding and all the other ideas they had. Everyone was very
helpful though and the nurses did not do anything to harm the breastfeeding
relationship at all! I had been pumping for over 24 hours and all together
dont think I got a whole teaspoon. Anyway I sadly gave up my breastfeeding
challenge after 48 hours of trying total.. The nurses said that I was doing
everything right but Xavier just was not interested... Kelly said she sees
tons of babies that would be great nursers go home with moms that just went
to bottles and then she saw the moms that really wanted to nurse with babies
that dont have any desire to nurse and she wishes she could swap the babies
personalities.. I am not depressed about my choice this time though since I
know I gave it a good shot... I did try to get what little colostrum I could
into Xavier even though that just ment wiping my finger along the horn of
the pump and having him suck my finger for it..

Tori

Old October 31st 04, 05:19 AM
emilymr

YAY!!!! Congratulations to you and everyone else, and welcome to Xavier!!

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Old October 31st 04, 06:20 AM
Kelly

Yeah! Congratulations Tori! We've all been in a dither about your pending
birth

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Tori M." wrote in message
[...]

Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier 10/27/04

Old October 31st 04, 06:23 AM
Kelly

But that is normal for some women in the first 48 hours. It isn't uncommon
for women to not have their milk come in for 3-5 days.

Again, congrats on the birth! How's Bonnie doing?

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Tori M." wrote in message
The amount I was getting with the pump was not measurable.. per session
anyway. I got maybe 5-6 drops out of each breast using a Medalia pump.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier 10/27/04
"Plissken" wrote in message
Congratulations!!!! Welcome Xavier! FWIW my DD wouldn't latch on for the
first 3 weeks of her life. I pumped and only got maybe 10 mL at a time

for
the first 3 or 4 days. A newborn doesn't need much more than that at a
time.

Old October 31st 04, 06:39 AM
Rebecca Jo

Congratulations

Rj

Old October 31st 04, 08:08 AM
Zaz

Congratulations!
Everyone's been wondering about you...

Old October 31st 04, 08:10 AM
A&G&K&H

Congrats Tori.
How wonderful to finally be able to hold your precious baby boy in your
arms.

As for as breast feeding goes, don't despair that you couldn't produce
anything for the pump - it took me weeks to build up to a few ounces with a
Avent Isis pump and I still have a lot of trouble letting down for the pump
and I now try to pump 4-5 oz every morning. You would most definitely have
been pumping colostrum as well - in my experience if I were able to pump a
teaspoon of colostrum I'd be well pleased with myself!
....and you might be able to give bf another go - DD was such a sleepy baby
that after her initial latch and suckle, she wasn't too interested in
feeding for a few days (I kept offering though). It took me a full week of
almost constant trying to finally get the hang of bf and I probably wouldn't
have thought I could do it if were not for the unceasing support and help I
got from my midwives for the first *5* days.
Its also normal for your milk not to come in for 5 days or longer after a
birth (mine only came in on day 2 this time because H was on permalatch - it
didn't come in until about day 3 or 4 with DD).
(The above is meant to help and not judge - I'm sure you and baby Xavier are
doing great!)

Congratulations again ... and doesn't it feel good to know that you did the
hard yards without too much help from pain meds well done

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old October 31st 04, 10:02 AM
Unadulterated Me

Tori M. wrote:

At 7:09am on Weds Oct 27 Xavier William was born weighing 8 lbs 7 oz and was
20 inches long.

Congratulations Tori and welcome earthside baby Xavier :-)

Andrea
Old October 31st 04, 11:39 AM
Mamma Mia

congrats. great story. welcome baby xavier.

re the bf - does this mean you are not going to do it all together, or just
for now? cos i dont think they need to feed much in the first 48 hours and
your milk hasnt even come in...

but mine were both good suckers from early on, so i guess it is different

christine

"Tori M." wrote in message
[...]

was 20 inches long. Other then 2 shots of short acting pain meds I went

Baby name help Kerri Pregnancy 31 August 1st 04 09:47 PM
DH playing with pregnancy hormones;) Zannah Pregnancy 3 June 27th 04 05:05 AM
SSA has 2003 names list up Irene Pregnancy 28 June 22nd 04 12:45 PM