Go Jenrose! (Great news for pregnant women!)

Old November 4th 04, 02:50 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Go Jenrose! (Great news for pregnant women!)

GO JENROSE! (Jennifer Rosenberg)

GREAT NEWS FOR WOMEN FROM JENROSE!

Jennifer indicates that midwifery and doula organizations have publicly
demanded that OBs stop closing birth canals. THIS IS HOT!

(Hopefully, the midwifery and doula organization public demands included the
fact that OBs KEEP birth canals closed when babies get stuck - i.e. - when
OBs pull with forceps and vacuums they place women dorsal or semisitting
thereby KEEPING their birth canals closed.)

JENROSE: Where can women get copies of these public demands from midwifery
and doula organizations?

More below...

"Jenrose" wrote in message
I replied to this a couple days ago, but the server ate it. Bad server. No
cookies.

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jenrose, I'm sorry your birth went badly and I hope your next one goes
way
better.

Todd

Further comment below.

Oh, and you were doing so well...

LOL! I am sure Daye was disappointed too! (I told Daye I would be
publishing more "Mini-Me" posts - and I will - or I will try - really : )

Surprised Todd? I suspect that I'm probably more radical than you are in
lot of ways.

Jenrose

Jenrose,

I am pretty radical about sticking to my guns.

I had forgotten what happened two years ago when I mentioned that
Midwifery Today Editor Jan Tritten censored my full article and
recommended semisitting/closing the birth canal.

You told everyone Jan was on my side.

Sheesh.

The doula and midwifery (and chiropractic) organizations have an
obligation to demand that OBs stop closing birth canals up to 30%.

JENROSE REMARKED (this is GREAT news for pregnant women!)

I left the doula profession because to take more action than I was then
taking would probably have gotten me arrested.

Wow Jenrose! I had no idea that you asked doula organizations to demand
that OB stop closing birth canals!

Thanks for taking that action!

We can demand until we're
blue in the face. But all our advocacy has done *nothing* to change the
birth environment in hospitals in the last 10 years, from what I've seen.

Wow AGAIN! Doula organizations publicly demanded that OBs stop closing
birth canals!?

I had no idea!

I've distanced myself from both midwifery *and* doula work simply because
don't think that given the current climate, it's possible for them to
effect
real change within the system.

Jenrose, I salute you and the doula (and midwifery) organizations for
demanding that OBs stop closing birth canals!

BRAVO!

Which midwifery and doula organizations made these public demands?

Were there press releases?

Can they be read on (and downloaded from) the net?

I got tired of beating my head against a
wall. So I'm protecting my baby, working to change what I can about how
women view birth, and putting my energy where it will have the most effect
without giving me a massive headache.

Sheesh! TAKE A REST JENROSE (on your laurels - seriously!) I had NO idea
you had stimulated doula (and midwifery?) organizations to publicly demand
that OBs stop closing birth canals - you've done splendid work, Jenrose!

Do I wish I could save all the babies
from traumatic births? Yep. But you can only save those who are open to
listening, and right now, my efforts *must* be focused where there are
results. So I put my energy into other battles. You can have this one. I'm
not a doula, I'm not a midwife, and the only birth I can really change
right
now is the one I'll have in a few months.

You did all you could and I thank you for that. I had NO idea that doula
and midwifery organizations publicly demanded that OBs stop closing birth
canals.

This is HUGE! Thanks!

Jan *is* on your side, she just doesn't always approach the issue the way
you want her to.

Jan *is* on my side?

This is even BETTER news!

As I indicated, back in the 90s, Midwifery Today editor Jan Tritten
cancelled my full article on the birth-canal-closing semisitting position
and in the very next issue RECOMMENDED semisitting!

Jan was definitely NOT on my side when she did that!

But now she *is* on my side!?

WOW!

This is great news indeed!

When did Jan public apologize to women for cancelling my full article on the
birth-canal-closing-semistting position and recommending semisitting as a
"Midwifery Trick of the Trade"?

Or did she skip the public apology and just make the DEMAND (finally) that
OBs stop closing birth canals?

This is great news indeed, Jenrose!

Was it published in Midwifery Today? If so, which issue? (If not, why
not?)

That's okay--I don't happen to think your way of doing it
is necessarily all that effective either, although your efforts to change
your tone have been helpful, you're still spouting the exact same rant in
the exact same way at the least opportunity.

I will NOT be "spouting the exact same rant" any longer. Soon I will be
"ranting" about how great you are for stimulating midwifery and doula
organizations to demand that OBs stop closing birth canals!

Could you post the public demands soon?!

Maybe you could also post your writings which stimulated midwifery and doula
organizations to make the public demands?

I personally think an operative
definition of insanity is when you continue doing the same thing over and
over again and expect different results.

LOL! Yeah, I guess I repeated things too much.

I am so pleased at this sudden turn of events. Women can now take with them
these demands from midwifery and doula professional organizations when they
ask their OBs not to close their birth canals. AWESOME!

Where can women get these public demands authored by doula and midwifery
organizations?

Being a doula wasn't working at
making the changes I wanted to see. So I stopped.

Well, yuh done good! You stimulated midwifery and doula organizations to
make a public demand that OBs stop closing birth canals. WOW.

I'm changing the one and
only birth I truly have any say in, and right now, on this issue, that's
the
best I can do.

I hope you have a great birth this time!

We all choose our battles, Todd. I've chosen the ones I can have a hope of
winning, the ones where I see a way of making a difference mean something.

You DID win! I had NO idea that doula and midwifery organizations made
public demands that OBs stop closing birth canals. You are a winner,
Jenrose! Thanks!

That doesn't mean I disagree with your basic premise, it just means the
battles I've chosen to fight are on a different front.

I say again: YOU WON (in my book).

It means that the
changes I'm first trying to make are the ones closest to home.

BRAVO! You are changing your own birth - AND you stimulated midwifery and
doula organizations to demand that OBs stop closing birth canals - awesome,
awesome, awesome!

Arrrgghh.. OBs are KEEPING birth canals closed up to 30%.

And here's a fundamental discord for me. The idea that OB's are "keeping"
birth canals closed eliminates the mother from the picture. She is reduced
to a vagina, a passageway.

Yep! This is EXACTLY what happens - OBs KNOWINGLY close birth canals then
KEEP birth canals closed (keep women semisitting or dorsal) when they whip
out the forceps and vacuums!

I hope that those public demands from the doula and midwifery organizations
make it abundantly clear that this is exactly what happens! Do they?

I can't wait to read them! Where can women read them and (hopefully) print
them out for their OBs and CNMwives?

Demand that OB's open birth canals? Honey, if an
OB comes anywhere near my birth canal attempting to open it, he's going to
get kicked in the teeth.

The midwifery and doula organizations said THAT?! YOWZA!!!!

You're embellishing slightly, right?

*I* will birth my baby, not some doctor.

BRAVO JENROSE!

As long as
women accept the notion that doctors can "force" them to do anything, the
system will not change. **** that.

HOLY MOLEY! There was profanity in the midwifery and doula public demand?
You guys might have gone overboard! : )

I'm birthing my own baby. I'm not putting
myself in their hands at all. Who knows... maybe someone, somewhere will
take something from my example and stop viewing the medical establishment
as
something one obeys blindly.
\

Well, doula and midwifery organizations followed your example and made
public demands that OBs stop closing birth canals - THAT'S something.

If I did it their way, I'd be on injectable drugs every damn day of my pg,
induced at 39 weeks, monitored continuously, etc. Sorry. Ain't gonna
happen.
I refuse to live my life increasing my risks of problem because of fear of
potential problems. They can take the high risk label and shove it. I'm
willing to risk no meds. I'm not willing to risk meds. Any caregiver who
cannot accept my RIGHT to determine which risks I do and do not take
regarding what goes into my body or does not, is not coming anywhere near
my
pregnancy.

Rest assured that no OB will close my birth canal 30% while I'm in labor
or
birthing. It's the only birth I have any power over.
Jenrose

BRAVO JENROSE!

Now, where can pregnant women read and download the public demands of
midwifery and doula organizations that OBs stop closing birth canals?

I am SO pleased to hear that Midwifery Today editor Jan Tritten *is* on my
side - that she no longer recommends semisitting as a "Midwifery Trick of
the Trade."

I am SO relieved. (Did Jan specifically retract that particular "Midwifery
Trick of the Trade"? Did she participate in drafting the public demand of
the midwifery organization? Please let me know ASAP so I can send some
flowers to her.)

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Old November 4th 04, 03:40 AM
Jenrose

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
GO JENROSE! (Jennifer Rosenberg)

GREAT NEWS FOR WOMEN FROM JENROSE!

Jennifer indicates that midwifery and doula organizations have publicly
demanded that OBs stop closing birth canals. THIS IS HOT!

(Hopefully, the midwifery and doula organization public demands included
the fact that OBs KEEP birth canals closed when babies get stuck - i.e. -
when OBs pull with forceps and vacuums they place women dorsal or
semisitting thereby KEEPING their birth canals closed.)

JENROSE: Where can women get copies of these public demands from
midwifery and doula organizations?

Oh **** it Todd. I am an individual. I do not, nor do I pretend to,
represent "organziations". I encouraged women to push in any position but
their backs, they ended up there anyway, no matter what I did, that's why I
left.

*SO* not in the mood for your grandstanding today.

Jenrose

Old November 4th 04, 05:36 AM
Todd Gastaldo

NEED A DOULA?

See the very end of this post for email addresses for regional directors of
DONA International (a doula professional organization)...

NOTE: I make no money from promoting DONA International here - indeed DONA
International MAY want to have me arrested for asking DONA to publicly
demand that OBs and CNMwives stop closing birth canals!

(See former doula Jennifer Rosenberg/Jenrose's "arrest" comment below...)

I think doulas are a great idea though - even if they make women ask OBs for
the "extra" up to 30%...

Sheesh! Why do *pregnant women* have to ASK for the "extra" up to 30%?
All pregnant women have to to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra"
up to 30% is roll onto their sides as they push their babies out - but
pregnant women should BEWARE - as DONA co-founder Penny Simkin has noted -
some OBs and CNMwives will let women "try" alternative delivery positions
but will move women back to semisitting or dorsal (close their birth canals
up to 30%) for the actual delivery. (I don't think DONA co-founder Penny
mentions that the OB standard practice is to KEEP birth canals closed - keep
women dorsal or semisitting - when babies get stuck. Anyone know if DONA's
Penny Simkin mentions this?)

PREGNANT WOMEN...

WARNING...

OBs and CNMwives *are* closing birth canals up to 30% and KEEPING birth
canals closed - keeping women semisitting or dorsal when babies get stuck
and forceps and vacuum extractors are used to pull on tiny spines...

Doulas may not be demanding that OBs and CNMwives stop this bizarre
behavior...

I thought former doula Jennifer Rosenberg (Jenrose) indicated that doula
organizations HAD publicly demanded that OBs STOP closing birth canals, etc.

See Go Jenrose! (Great news for pregnant women!)

But I might have been mistaken.

Former doula Jenrose just wrote:

Oh **** it Todd. I am an individual. I do not, nor do I pretend to,
represent "organziations". I encouraged women to push in any position but
their backs, they ended up there anyway, no matter what I did, that's why
I left.

*SO* not in the mood for your grandstanding today.

Jenrose,

I'm stumped.

I thought that while still a doula you had asked doula organizations to

I thought this because you wrote:

I left the doula profession because to take more action than I was then
taking would probably have gotten me arrested.

Can it be true that doula organizations did NOT publicly demand that OBs
stop closing birth canals?

Can it be true that you didn't even ASK them to - because you feared you
would be "arrested" "no matter what [you] did"?

Who would have called for your arrest?

The doula professional organizations?

Who?

Please clarify.

Jenrose, this matter is sort of important because - as you know - OBs are
routinely closing birth canals up to 30% - and right now WOMEN have to ASK
for the "extra" up to 30%.

Women should not have to ask for the "extra" up to 30% - doula professional
organizations should ask FOR them - publicly...

Here's why...

OBs chemically whip uteri to PUSH (violently) on tiny spines with birth
canals senselessly closed...

OBs also PULL - gruesomely - on tiny spines (with forceps and vacuums) -
with birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

It's a massive (obvious) obstetric felony.

As usual Jenrose, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As naive med
students, MDs are TRAINED to perform felonies.

See NHS: Dr. Sarah disappoints - was Question #2 for Dr. Sarah Vaughan
(should women have to ASK?)

Sometimes OBs pull so hard that spinal nerves are ripped out of tiny spinal
cords.

Some babies die, some are paralyzed - most "only" have their spines
gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly
closed.

According to the D.O.N.A. (Doulas Of North America) website:

"[Doulas]...provide the highest quality emotional, physical and educational
support to women and their families during the childbearing year..."
http://www.dona.org/

Yet D.O.N.A. appears not to even MENTION that OBs and CNMwives are knowingly
closing birth canals!

(If someone finds mention of this important fact on the D.O.N.A. website -
please let me know - preferably publicly.)

Jenrose, if doulas are professionals - advocates for women - WHY would they
have you arrested for trying to get the doula professional organization to
make a public demand that OBs stop closing birth canals?

WHO was threatening to have you arrested?

While still a doula, did you even TELL anyone at D.O.N.A. that OBs and
CNMwives are closing birth canals up to 30%?

Again, I'm stumped as to why you thought you might be arrested - please
clarify.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS NOTE: D.O.N.A. says that by the end of 2004, the acroynym D.O.N.A. will
cease to be an acronym for Doulas of North America.. Rather, DONA will be a
word, "in honor of [D.O.N.A.'s] founders and 12 years worth of growth and
representation of doulas."
http://www.dona.org/

D.O.N.A. says:

"DONA doulas are taught to work within evidence-based standards of
practice..."
http://www.dona.org/DONAAdvantage.html

OBs and CNMwives are not working within evidence-based standards of
practice! There was never any evidence supporting the OB and CNMwife
practice of closing birth canals up to 30%!

Indeed, after the original author of Williams Obstetrics clinically
demonstrated "massive" changes in pelvic outlet diameter ("massive" was the
word used later) - later authors of Williams Obstetrics claimed that pelvic
diameters DON'T CHANGE during delivery!

When Ohlsen pointed out radiographic evidence that pelvic outlet diameters
DO change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics decided their favorite
delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet!

It was a bald lie (the biomechanics are simple).

Dorsal CLOSES - and so does semisitting - up to 30%!

When I pointed this out - at my request the authors of Williams Obstetrics
published the correct biomechanics - but they left in their text (in the
same paragraph!) their old "dorsal widens" bald lie!

The old "dorsal widens" bald lie is still there - and worse (as noted
above) - when babies get stuck - OBs are KEEPING women dorsal or
semisitting - KEEPING birth canals closed up to 30% when they yank and crank
on babies' spines with forceps and vacuums. (And yes - when OBs knowingly
close birth canals - it is perfectly appropriate to say they are "yanking
and cranking." Some babies are dying unexplained deaths and suffering
unexplained paralyses as OBs knowingly close birth canals up to 30%. OBs
"perform" this obvious obstetric felony daily - I say again - sometimes with
fatal or paralyzing results.)

How can D.O.N.A. doulas remain silent about OBs and CNMwives closing birth
canals and still say with a straight face that they "provide the highest
quality emotional, physical and educational support to women and their
families during the childbearing year..."?
http://www.dona.org/

I hope no one at D.O.N.A. threatened to arrest Jenrose for asking D.O.N.A.
to publicly demand that OBs and CNMwives stop closing birth canals.

I *hope* former doula Jenrose asked before leaving the doula profession
(something tells me she didn't even do this)...

I will cc the DONA International Board of Directors...

President
Ann Grauer
(414)774-5899 central time

President Elect
Susan Martensen
(613)721-1363 eastern time

Treasurer
Susan Toffolon
(330)723-1835 eastern time

Director of Education

Patricia Predmore
(585)223-6272 eastern time
Director of Certification

Jamie Swann
(540)776-1010 eastern time

Director of Postpartum Doula Services
Jacqueline Kelleher
(610)892-5051 eastern time

Director of Publications
Debbie Young
(563)941-5222 central time

Northeastern US Director
CT,MA,ME,NH,RI,VT,DC,DE,MD,NJ,NY,PA
Brenda Lane
(410)757-8100 eastern time

Southern US Director
AL,AR,FL,GA,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA,WV & Puerto Rico
Uta Mattox
(910)484-8570 eastern time

Midwestern US Director
IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MN,MO,NE,ND,OH,SD,WI
Dawn Brus
(319)895-9289 central time

Western Pacific US Director
AK,CA,HI,ID,MT,OR,WA,WY
Karen (Hannah) Railing
(360)755-1202 pacific time

Southwestern US Director
AZ,CO,NM,NV,OK,TX,UT
Lea Ann Batten-Goettsch
(210)599-7156 central time

Eastern Canada Director
NB,NFLD,NS,ONT,PEI,QUE
Barbara Kennedy
(613)476-5202 eastern time

Western Canada Director
ALB,BC,MAN,NWT,SASK,YUK
Jalana Grant
(604)888-9638 pacific time

Mexico/International Region Director
Mexico & Latin America
Elena Carrillo
(52)(55)5595-7414

PREGNANT WOMEN: NEED A DOULA?

See the email addresses above for the regional directors of DONA
International (a doula professional organization)...

Please join me in urging DONA International to publicly demand that OBs and
CNMwives stop closing birth canals up to 30% and stop KEEPING birth canals
closed when babies get stuck - so pregnant women won't have to ask their OBs
for the "extra" up to 30%...

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

This post will be archived for global access within 24 hours in the Google
usenet groups archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Need a doula?
DONA Int'l"

Old November 4th 04, 06:00 AM
Jenrose

[...]

Honey, if I could not, by talking to individual doctors and clients and
nurses, make a difference in one single damn birth in this regard, my next
step would not have been talking, but throttling the next nurse who told a
woman to lie back, tuck her chin to her chest, hold her breath and push push
push.

The doula organization? Tell me how the doula organization is supposed to
reach doctors in any meaningful way. No, wait, stop. Don't tell me. I'm NOT
in the mood.

Jenrose