Secret Santa gifts

Old December 11th 06, 04:01 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Default Secret Santa gifts

This year the girls invited the boys to participate
in the annual Nutcracker Secret Santa program, but of course
the boys haven't got the foggiest clue about this sort of
thing. Any recommendations for inexpensive gifts that would
be enjoyed by 11ish year old girl dancers? Bonus points if
it's Nutcrackerish. I've managed to assist somewhat in a
couple early rounds, but I'm quickly running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Ericka
Old December 11th 06, 09:01 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article ,
Ericka Kammerer wrote:

This year the girls invited the boys to participate
in the annual Nutcracker Secret Santa program, but of course
the boys haven't got the foggiest clue about this sort of
thing. Any recommendations for inexpensive gifts that would
be enjoyed by 11ish year old girl dancers?

Sugar plums :-)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old December 11th 06, 11:44 AM posted to misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Pretty soaps. Lotions and glitter lotions. Lip gloss and glitter lip
gloss. There's some store in the malls -- the body shop? -- that often
has 2-for-1 specials at this time of year. Perhaps a couple of boys can
go in together to get bring the price down?

Teen fashion magazines (single issues, of course) might go well.
Jewelry or hair accessories from one of the cheap mall-type places.

Okay. Years of having teen nieces got me this far, but having no
daughters, I'm now stumped.

Good luck,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.
Old December 11th 06, 03:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Cathy Kearns

Dance girls? Wander down to the dance shop and they have things like fancy
bun nets for their hair (for regular classes), key chains with a small dance
shoe on them, and other dance related stuff. (I assume the 11 year olds
aren't on pointe, but if they get the new pointe dancers, the little socks
that cover the pointe shoes for practice, so they'll look pretty in the
show, are also pretty cheap. ) Also Nutcracker ornaments for Christmas
trees, decorated cookies, little makeup bags.

Old December 11th 06, 05:22 PM posted to misc.kids
-L.

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
This year the girls invited the boys to participate
in the annual Nutcracker Secret Santa program, but of course
the boys haven't got the foggiest clue about this sort of
thing. Any recommendations for inexpensive gifts that would
be enjoyed by 11ish year old girl dancers? Bonus points if
it's Nutcrackerish. I've managed to assist somewhat in a
couple early rounds, but I'm quickly running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Ericka

Some places sell really cute nutcracker dolls that are functional and
they come with nuts, too. Other than that, Bath and Body Works gift
certificates or gift sets, music gift certs, simple gold ear rings (for
those who are pierced), etc.

-L.