dumb things from DH's mouth

Old March 14th 05, 07:31 AM
Kelly

Default dumb things from DH's mouth

Sometimes I have to wonder why my DH says the things he does. For example,
this past week he said the dumbest things.....

One morning he asked how I was (he calls during the morning rush-of course)
and I said I was tired to which he asked *why.* Are you kidding me?

"Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." Like a newborn cares who
changes his diaper

To my comment about Beck having his day/night confused (because DH sleeps
through the night, he does not realize this little issue ) "well, just
wake him up during the day." OH- I hadn't thought of that! :/ hehehe.

Sheesh......at least when kids say the darndest things it's cute. Not so
cute from a grown up.

Kelly
#4 2/15/05

Old March 14th 05, 05:46 PM

Kelly wrote:
Sometimes I have to wonder why my DH says the things he does. For

example,
this past week he said the dumbest things.....

Well, you're in luck because you have the special opportunity to hear
from a guy's point of view!

One morning he asked how I was (he calls during the morning rush-of

course)
and I said I was tired to which he asked *why.* Are you kidding me?

Maybe it's because you and he went to asleep at the same time last
night and when he got up in the morning to go to work, you and the baby
were still sleeping. He doesn't understand that you had to get up x
times in the middle of the night to care for the kid.

Maybe you don't respond with "tired" on a daily basis and he is
wondering what has changed to make you say "tired" today.

Resolution: Don't say you're tired. Keep converations positive and
short. Save your long conversations for after he comes home and has
relaxed.

"Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." Like a newborn cares

who
changes his diaper

"Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." = You should really
change his diaper because you are his mommy. Besides, I can't change
the diaper as well as you can.

Resolution: change your kids diaper without depending on your husband.

To my comment about Beck having his day/night confused (because DH

sleeps
through the night, he does not realize this little issue )

"well, just
wake him up during the day." OH- I hadn't thought of that! :/

hehehe.

A guy tries to resolve issues while a woman just likes to get things
off her chest. The irony of this post should be proof of this
statement.

Resolution: Either look into alternatives or keep quiet. I, personally,
do not know the ramifications of disturbing a child's natural sleep
pattern, so I get up at night to care and play with him when I can.

Sheesh......at least when kids say the darndest things it's cute.

Not so
cute from a grown up.

A couple of observations:

1. When you belittle your husband, you really belittle yourself because
it was YOU who chose to marry him.

2. The fact that you belittle your husband to a bunch of strangers only
worries me that you do this (belittle your husband)to your family and
friends as well. When you do that, you allow other people to interfere
into your marriage, which makes YOU the cause of your marriage's
weakness.

Kelly

Regards...

Old March 14th 05, 07:15 PM

You're very entertaining...

Kelly wrote:
Sometimes I have to wonder why my DH says the things he does. For

example,
this past week he said the dumbest things.....

Well, you're in luck because you have the special opportunity to hear
from a guy's point of view!

Luck? Huh. I guess that's one word for it...

One morning he asked how I was (he calls during the morning rush-of

course)
and I said I was tired to which he asked *why.* Are you kidding

me?

Maybe it's because you and he went to asleep at the same time last
night and when he got up in the morning to go to work, you and the

baby
were still sleeping. He doesn't understand that you had to get up x
times in the middle of the night to care for the kid.

Maybe you don't respond with "tired" on a daily basis and he is
wondering what has changed to make you say "tired" today.

Resolution: Don't say you're tired. Keep converations positive and
short. Save your long conversations for after he comes home and has
relaxed.

Translation: Lie to your husband. Obviously he isn't strong enough or
adult enough to deal with the reality of marriage and family life.
Even if you have the bubonic plague, and feel like chipped death on
toast, you should cheerfully say, "Oh, hello darling, my I please suck
your dick?" whenever he enters a room.

"Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." Like a newborn

cares
who
changes his diaper

"Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." = You should really
change his diaper because you are his mommy. Besides, I can't change
the diaper as well as you can.

Resolution: change your kids diaper without depending on your

husband.

Resolution: Teach your husband to change a diaper properly so that he
can act like a ****ing grown up and take care of the kids that he
helped create.

To my comment about Beck having his day/night confused (because DH

sleeps
through the night, he does not realize this little issue )

"well, just
wake him up during the day." OH- I hadn't thought of that! :/

hehehe.

A guy tries to resolve issues while a woman just likes to get things
off her chest. The irony of this post should be proof of this
statement.

Resolution: Either look into alternatives or keep quiet. I,

personally,
do not know the ramifications of disturbing a child's natural sleep
pattern, so I get up at night to care and play with him when I can.

Yeah, I'll bet you do.

Sheesh......at least when kids say the darndest things it's cute.

Not so
cute from a grown up.

A couple of observations:

1. When you belittle your husband, you really belittle yourself

because
it was YOU who chose to marry him.

Ummmm... Bull****. You're two independant adults, and it's possible
to love someone and still dislike their behavior. My husband's socks
can't find their way to the hamper. It makes me crazy. I tease him
about it. Doing this is in no way a reflection of my feelings for him,
nor does it have anything to do with how intelligent I was when I chose
to marry him.

I married a person, warts and all. It sounds like you married Donna
****ing Reed. Good for you. One day she's going to get sick of
pretending, and she's going to leave you for someone who loves HER, not
an idealized version of her. Don't come crying to me when it happens.

2. The fact that you belittle your husband to a bunch of strangers

only
worries me that you do this (belittle your husband)to your family and
friends as well. When you do that, you allow other people to

interfere
into your marriage, which makes YOU the cause of your marriage's
weakness.

Yes, Kelly, instead of anonymously venting in a safe place, you should
bottle this all up inside like a pressure cooker, so that when you
finally do lose it you can explode all over everyone and everything you
know, destroying your life and your husbands.

After all, it's working so well for asdf's wife. I give it about 1
year before she dumps his ass.

Old March 14th 05, 07:55 PM
Child

"Kelly" wrote in message
| Sometimes I have to wonder why my DH says the things he does. For
example,
| this past week he said the dumbest things.....
|
| One morning he asked how I was (he calls during the morning rush-of
course)
| and I said I was tired to which he asked *why.* Are you kidding me?

Perhaps he should stay home for a week by himself while you do his job.

| "Beckham likes it when you change his diaper." Like a newborn cares who
| changes his diaper

hehe, the fine art of completely transparent manipulation. Nice try,
husband, but BZZZT, you are snagged.

| To my comment about Beck having his day/night confused (because DH sleeps
| through the night, he does not realize this little issue ) "well,
just
| wake him up during the day." OH- I hadn't thought of that! :/ hehehe.

Now this sounds like something I would say vbg - The Never Had A Baby
Expert. Hehe.

Old March 14th 05, 09:20 PM
Cuddlefish

wrote in message
oups.com...
A guy tries to resolve issues while a woman just likes to get things
off her chest. The irony of this post should be proof of this
statement.

Resolution: Either look into alternatives or keep quiet. I, personally,
do not know the ramifications of disturbing a child's natural sleep
pattern, so I get up at night to care and play with him when I can.

LOL! Irony? It is this paragraph interspersed with your "resolutions" that
is truly ironic. She was not asking for any "help" was she?

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old March 14th 05, 11:47 PM

Cuddlefish wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
A guy tries to resolve issues while a woman just likes to get

things
off her chest. The irony of this post should be proof of this
statement.

Resolution: Either look into alternatives or keep quiet. I,

personally,
do not know the ramifications of disturbing a child's natural sleep
pattern, so I get up at night to care and play with him when I can.

LOL! Irony? It is this paragraph interspersed with your "resolutions"

that
is truly ironic. She was not asking for any "help" was she?

Thus the irony.

--
Jacqueline

Regards...

Old March 15th 05, 12:01 AM

Translation: Lie to your husband.

Not at all, I'll explain below...

Obviously he isn't strong enough or
adult enough to deal with the reality of marriage and family life.

Not while he's at work. You save all your issues until he comes home
and has had a chance to relax.

Even if you have the bubonic plague, and feel like chipped death on
toast, you should cheerfully say, "Oh, hello darling, my I please

suck
your dick?" whenever he enters a room.

Actually, that will improve a lot of marriages.

Resolution: Teach your husband to change a diaper properly so that

he
can act like a ****ing grown up and take care of the kids that he
helped create.

And of course I disagree with that especially since the man is stating
his opinion that he rather have his wife change the baby's diaper. The
man will raise his son to be a productive member of society. To be a
man of good moral character. The man's role comes after the diaper
changing and breast feeding.

Ummmm... Bull****. You're two independant adults, and it's possible
to love someone and still dislike their behavior. My husband's socks
can't find their way to the hamper. It makes me crazy. I tease him
about it. Doing this is in no way a reflection of my feelings for

him,
nor does it have anything to do with how intelligent I was when I

chose
to marry him.

Anytime you belittle your spouse and children to people outside of your
immediate family, you are only bringing down yourself and your family.
If you go off and complain about your husband to your best friend, you
just stabbed your marriage in the back.

I married a person, warts and all. It sounds like you married Donna
****ing Reed. Good for you.

Thanks! I was thinking more along the lines of June Cleaver, but
anyway...

One day she's going to get sick of
pretending, and she's going to leave you for someone who loves HER,

not
an idealized version of her. Don't come crying to me when it

happens.

So your grandmother really didn't love your grandfather and was waiting
for some young buck to come carry her away? I knew women were sexually
promiscuous and that a man must settle her down, but this is ridiculous
wouldn't you say?

Yes, Kelly, instead of anonymously venting in a safe place, you

should
bottle this all up inside like a pressure cooker, so that when you
finally do lose it you can explode all over everyone and everything

you
know, destroying your life and your husbands.

Well, seeing how that is the alternative because you lack communication
in your marriage, please do tell us Kelly all your little seedy details
of your marriage. I have a few minutes to spare. Go ahead, I'm
listening.

After all, it's working so well for asdf's wife. I give it about 1
year before she dumps his ass.

Seeing how our lifestyle has worked for generations, I think you'll be
waiting for a long time there.

Regards...