Pregnancy after MC??

Old July 23rd 07, 05:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
curious clare

Default Pregnancy after MC??

Hello

As you may have seen in my previous post, I had a miscarriage recently
(5 weeks ago tomorrow) and this morning, after 16 high temperatures
(13 is normally my longest run of high temps when not pregnant) got a
+ve HPT. I did 2 tests as I cannot believe I really might be pregnant
- it was over 12 months between falling pregnant with the miscarriage
5 weeks ago and the previous miscarriage I had. Is it possible that I
am still getting a +ve test from any residual hormones following my
last miscarriage? It was a very early miscarriage at just over 5
weeks and I am scared to hope I might be pregnant again as I feel like
it will be snatched away again.

Any thoughts appreciated with thanks!!

Clare

Old July 23rd 07, 08:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Jul 23, 9:57 am, curious clare wrote:
Hello

As you may have seen in my previous post, I had a miscarriage recently
(5 weeks ago tomorrow) and this morning, after 16 high temperatures
(13 is normally my longest run of high temps when not pregnant) got a
+ve HPT. I did 2 tests as I cannot believe I really might be pregnant
- it was over 12 months between falling pregnant with the miscarriage
5 weeks ago and the previous miscarriage I had. Is it possible that I
am still getting a +ve test from any residual hormones following my
last miscarriage? It was a very early miscarriage at just over 5
weeks and I am scared to hope I might be pregnant again as I feel like
it will be snatched away again.

Any thoughts appreciated with thanks!!

Clare

If your temperatures returned to your normal pre-ovulatory range
immediatly after your miscarriage and you had a normal temperature
rise this month, I think there is a good chance you are pregnant,
especially with the strong +. It seems possible, but unlikely that it
is still from the previous pregnancy.

With a couple more days of high temps, you can be almost certain you
are pregnant. If you want a definite confirmation, you doctor can
order blood tests a few days apart to check whether your hcg levels
are going up.

With my miscarriage in the 12th week, my temperatures did not drop in
the first month. I did get + tests for the next few months due to the
residual hormones, but they were light +. When I actually did get
pregnant again, the difference on the same brand of test was amazing.
The + line appeared very dark the moment it got wet, before the
control line appeared.

--Betsy

Old July 24th 07, 12:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Clare,
If it was a really early miscarriage, then it's not likely that your + test
is leftover from that pregnancy. If you miscarried at 5 weeks, that
basically counted as your period. Since you weren't very pregnant, your
body ovulated again about 2 weeks later. If you had sex around that time,
then about 2.5 weeks later, after you noticed 16 days of high temps, then it
sounds like you are pregnant. Congrats!

I know how nervewracking it is, but try to breathe. Good luck!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

oups.com...

Old July 25th 07, 06:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Jul 23, 9:57 am, curious clare wrote:
Hello

As you may have seen in my previous post, I had a miscarriage recently
(5 weeks ago tomorrow) and this morning, after 16 high temperatures
(13 is normally my longest run of high temps when not pregnant) got a
+ve HPT. I did 2 tests as I cannot believe I really might be pregnant
- it was over 12 months between falling pregnant with the miscarriage
5 weeks ago and the previous miscarriage I had. Is it possible that I
am still getting a +ve test from any residual hormones following my
last miscarriage? It was a very early miscarriage at just over 5
weeks and I am scared to hope I might be pregnant again as I feel like
it will be snatched away again.

Any thoughts appreciated with thanks!!

Clare

Sounds like it is a true positive test. Congrats! Sending sticky vibes
to you!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

Old July 25th 07, 06:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
curious clare

Thanks to everyone. My temps did go down straight away after the
miscarriage and I have had an 18th high temp this am so hopefully I am
expecting in late March. I feel more like I die when pregnant with my
DS this time, especially feeling really sick if I get the slightest
bit hungry so hopefully that is good news

Clare

Old July 26th 07, 06:12 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Flowergirl

"curious clare" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to everyone. My temps did go down straight away after the
miscarriage and I have had an 18th high temp this am so hopefully I am
expecting in late March. I feel more like I die when pregnant with my
DS this time, especially feeling really sick if I get the slightest
bit hungry so hopefully that is good news

Clare

Clare - this sounds just like me.
I didn't feel pregnant with pg #2 like I did with DD / pg #1 (no morning
sickness/ tenderness etc) and that 2nd pg m/c at 9w1d and I had a D&C.
Like you, we also got pg again straight away, (a bit of a "surprise" as in
we weren't really ttc, but not *not* ttc iykwim).
However, I initially thought the lack of AF was due to the m/c and D&C and
my body taking a little time to adjust back to normal so I didn't do a HPT
until I was about 6 weeks pg (pg #3). I recall feeling queasy / morning
sickness before I did the HPT.
My Ob did some Beta HCG tests for me straight away and I was indeed pregnant
again and gave birth to a healthy 9 lb 12 oz DS in due time.
Of course I stressed a lot more for the first trimester and also felt like
I'd been pregnant for a year by the time I gave birth (which in reality, I
almost was!).
So I wish you similar luck and send you sticky vibes~~~
Amanda