Slightly OT - leaving 5 mo old for a day

Old March 26th 04, 10:13 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Slightly OT - leaving 5 mo old for a day

I would take him. Does he have a stroller that he can sleep in, or at least
hang out in? You could take a Baby Bjorn or other soft carrier, and he
might sleep in that while you wear him and help out your daughter.

I guess I was pretty lucky, in that Taylor was very portable for a long long
time, and slept in her stroller or car seat (on stroller) until just the
past few months, so probably until 11-12 months.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old March 27th 04, 12:34 AM
Sue

Certianly if she was upset by it, I would most definately go. I dont want
miss it, it's such a hard decision and I hate making decisions because I
usually pick the wrong thing :P

It is a hard decision. Good luck )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 27th 04, 09:08 AM
A & L Lane

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message
om...

"Kari" wrote in message
My 8 yr old has a dance competition on the 3rd of April. Up until

tonight
was planning on it being a 2 day affair but I just found out that her

team
only performs one of those days. We'd have to leave by 6am to get to the
site by 9am and she has to stay until the awards ceremony that night,
scheduled for around 8pm.

The thought of taking my 5 month old along makes me cringe. It's a 3

hour
trip first of all and he doesn't really like being in the car. Also with

no
where to nap aside from my arms, trying to nurse him in a setting which

know might be very difficult. It's not really a place for an infant.

I'm not sure what to say about the car. My kids were great in the
car at that age, so I'm not sure how big a deal that is. Dance

competitions
are loud, and I've found little ones tend to just fall asleep in noisy
places.

snipped

the car issue would be the big one for me - there is no way either of my 2
boys would have handled an unnecessary 3 hour car trip (twice in one day).
I'm not telling you to go or stay but in my case, it would not have been
possible to go just due to the distance in the car. We still allow most of
a day to do a 3 hour trip in the car and hope to hell ds2 (now aged 2) will
sleep for maybe half the trip (maybe 60 minutes) and then have a lengthy
stop at halfway - we are due to do a trip like that in a couple of weeks and
we are starting to psyche ourselves up now for it. Driving with a
screaming baby is sheer hell - I find it really difficult to concentrate on
driving well in that situation - for us it is dangerous and stressful and we
avoid it at all costs. My now almost 7yo has only been able to cope with
trips of about that length for about the last couple of years so I expect we
will have to wait a few more years before we can venture further away from
home. Good luck with whatever you choose.

cheers
Leah Lane

Old March 27th 04, 12:29 PM
Cheryl S.

"Kari" wrote in message
I think that's what Im going to do - stay home with the
boys. I talked to her and my husband about it again this
morning and they agreed that was probably best.

I really think that is the most practical thing to do. Don't set
yourself up for S t r e s s! It will be nice for your mom to get to see
it.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 6 months