Help - Need Craft Ideas for DD8 Birthday Party

Old August 6th 03, 02:11 AM
C Straka

Default Help - Need Craft Ideas for DD8 Birthday Party

I'm starting to plan for Alison's 8th birthday party. The general plan is to
have it at our house, let the girls do some kind of craft on the kitchen
table, then do the food and cake and stuff. So now I'm trying to figure out
a craft that is appropriate for and appealing to 8yo girls, and which will
keep them occupied for about an hour.

If I go to the Michael's without at least some ideas to investigate, they
will find my shriveled and emaciated body between aisles 85 and 86. Ideas,
suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Claudia

Old August 6th 03, 02:54 AM
Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)

Kathleen just went to a party that they tie dyed t-shirts. She said they
had a great time, and that is the prize that they took home. The mom who
held the party does day care so I can't imagine that the project is too
difficult as well as involved but she had a good time and yes, it takes
about an hour.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

able.rogers.com...

Old August 6th 03, 03:00 AM
KimandJuan

We went to a party a while back and they had a ton of fabric paint and all the
kids received a T-shirt to make their own. She had the T-shirts ready with a
piece of cardboard stuffed underneath with rubber bands around the top and
bottom to hold it in place. It was fun for the kids. I think it would be
great for that age group, Alexis was too little for it so I did most of it.

Good luck,
Kimberly
~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old August 6th 03, 04:25 AM
Kender

My girls went to a party where they decorated shirts but the mom had already
ironed on their names. She just got a bunch of those iron-on-letters. The
kids thought it was cool to have shirts with their names.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

"Cindy Senger" wrote in message
The tie-die idea is perfect! It will take them a while to do-- then you

can
wash and dry the shirts for them to take home while they do the

cake/present
thing. We did this last summer at a church event and it went great-- my

kids
were a little young, but the older ones really liked it.

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article edZXa.75015$YN5.56763@sccrnsc01,

says...

Kathleen just went to a party that they tie dyed t-shirts. She said they
had a great time, and that is the prize that they took home. The mom who
held the party does day care so I can't imagine that the project is too
difficult as well as involved but she had a good time and yes, it takes
about an hour.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

. cable.rogers.com...

Old August 6th 03, 05:40 AM
Leslie

"KimandJuan" wrote in message
We went to a party a while back and they had a ton of fabric paint and all

the
kids received a T-shirt to make their own. She had the T-shirts ready

with a
piece of cardboard stuffed underneath with rubber bands around the top and
bottom to hold it in place. It was fun for the kids. I think it would be
great for that age group, Alexis was too little for it so I did most of

it.

We did that when I started college. All the freshwomen got there a week
before the upperclasses, and we did lots of "get to know you" activities. A
couple months ago at my boys' 3rd birthday, we colored tshirts. I had made a
"Wiggles" cartoon outline like for a coloring book and ironed them on the
shirts before hand. T-shirts are a hit no matter what age!

--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000

Old August 6th 03, 11:08 PM
Jennifer 2Nannies

Hi. We just did a birthday party for a 10-year-old girl where we
bought plain picture frames and then an assortment of stickers,
glitter, buttons, pink fluffy stuff and every cheap craft decoration
we could find. The girls went nuts making their own picture frames. At
the party we took their pictures (individually and as a group)and they
got to take them home with their frames. This was a perfect craft
because every girl could participate regardless of her crafting skills
and it was also a party favor she could take home.
We also had a large frame each girl signed with a special message, and
that a keepsake of the party for the birthday girl. It was a big hit.

Jennifer
2Nannies