It's official -- we get to keep her! : )

Old March 24th 05, 07:33 AM
Jamie Clark

Default It's official -- we get to keep her! : )

All,
Well, we went to court today to finalize Addie's adoption. Everything went
well, and it was a nice event. They do it first thing in the morning,
before the regular court schedule, and they have it in the judges chambers.
The judge and her various staff members were all female, so there was lots
of extra ooohing and aaaahing about how cute the girls were, etc. The judge
was very nice and personable, and told stories about her now grown kids and
asked us lots of questions about us, the kids, etc. Just chit-chatty type
of stuff. She did go over the official stuff, which ends up sounding a lot
like a marriage ceremony -- Do you promise to love and care for this child,
do you promise to provide for them, do you promise to love them equally to
any other children you might have, etc. I do, I do, I do. After she signed
the official document and made Addie's ours forever, she gave Addie and
Taylor each a little teddy bear, and then came around the desk and posed for
photos. She gave us all hugs, including the girls, and played catch with
Taylor and her teddy bear. It was really nice. After court we went over to
Marie Calendars for breakfast -- a tradition that we started when we
finalized Taylor's adoption a year and a half ago. It was a good day!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old March 24th 05, 08:47 AM
Mamma Mia

congrats! A nice end a nice beginning all at once. Your adoption story
when addie was born has really stuck with me!

hope you are feeling better about things too, your feelings and all...

christine

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
[...]

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Old March 24th 05, 11:09 AM
Sue

((((hugs))) Jamie. That sounds like a wonderful day. I am sure there is
relief to know that Addie is all yours now. ) Congratulations!!
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 24th 05, 12:35 PM
Shelley

Congratulations. That sounds so nice, how great to have such a
personable judge.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo)
edd mar 30/05

Old March 24th 05, 01:46 PM
Tori M.

CONGRATS! WOOOOHOOOO!

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Goal 1- lose 20 lbs By May 1st (6# to go)

Old March 24th 05, 03:21 PM
Nan

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:33:56 -0800, "Jamie Clark"
wrote:

[...]

Awesome :-)
I was smiling while I read this

Nan
Old March 24th 05, 03:45 PM
Irene

Awww...that sounds like such a sweet way to celebrate Addie becoming
finally and irrevocably yours! I love that the people at the court
were so friendly!

Congratulations!

Irene

Old March 24th 05, 03:51 PM
sharalyns

Yay! Congratulations!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old March 24th 05, 04:06 PM
medgirl

Congratulations - what a nice way to make it official! And it sounds like
the judge and staff were great.

Sarah

Old March 24th 05, 05:17 PM

Jamie Clark wrote:

Well, we went to court today to finalize Addie's adoption.

It sounds like a wonderful happy day! Congratulations!!!

Amy