iron-on garment labels

Old March 23rd 06, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids

Default iron-on garment labels

I need to buy iron-on labels for DD's clothes. Does anyone know of any
store (not online) in US that sell these..

Thanks.

Old March 23rd 06, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to buy iron-on labels for DD's clothes. Does anyone know of any
store (not online) in US that sell these..

Thanks.

I don't know about in the US, but here in Canada, I know they have these at
almost every fabric store.

Old March 23rd 06, 07:41 PM posted to misc.kids

"xkatx" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to buy iron-on labels for DD's clothes. Does anyone know of any
store (not online) in US that sell these..

Thanks.

I don't know about in the US, but here in Canada, I know they have these
at almost every fabric store.

I've also seen order forms in the fabric stores where you can order the
labels with your child's name pre-printed on them which is much easier than
a fabric marker.

Leigh

Old March 23rd 06, 07:53 PM posted to misc.kids

Rose Garten wrote:
I believe I picked up some for DD at Joann Fabrics. It was an iron on
tape and a fabric marker. Is that what you are looking for?

OP here.
Yes. This is what I'm looking for. Also someone mentioned custom made
with the name already printed. I would do a cost compare and get those
too. Thanks for all suggestions.

Old March 23rd 06, 08:31 PM posted to misc.kids

In article . net,
"Leigh Menconi" wrote:

"xkatx" wrote in message
> [...]

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to buy iron-on labels for DD's clothes. Does anyone know of any
store (not online) in US that sell these..

Thanks.

I don't know about in the US, but here in Canada, I know they have these
at almost every fabric store.

I've also seen order forms in the fabric stores where you can order the
labels with your child's name pre-printed on them which is much easier than
a fabric marker.

Leigh

My experiience with those was that they didn't stick very well -- I
ended up having to sew them in if I wanted them to last through more
than a few washes. (I had tried a couple of brands.)

I used them primarily for costumes, so it didn't really matter that much
-- if they only lasted through the run of the play, it was no big deal.

Old March 24th 06, 04:16 AM posted to misc.kids

OP here.
Can I print small labels from this paper? From the picture I get the
impression that this is to transfer large pictures to a T-shirt. I'm
looking for may be half inch by one inch strips. If I buy this Avery
product, will I have to cut the labels to size after printing them?

(I know I could just buy these from the fabric store but the whole idea
of printing/customizing them myself seems great!)

Old March 24th 06, 04:46 AM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
oups.com...

Rose Garten wrote:
I believe I picked up some for DD at Joann Fabrics. It was an iron on
tape and a fabric marker. Is that what you are looking for?

OP here.
Yes. This is what I'm looking for. Also someone mentioned custom made
with the name already printed. I would do a cost compare and get those
too. Thanks for all suggestions.

I've tried some online ones that were custom made. They weren't expensive,
but they didn't stick well, especially on the type of fabric I needed them
to stick on -- namely nylon jackets with fleece linings. I ended up going
to the kiosk in the mall that made custome made keychains and had them
engrave some tiny zipper tags with my children's first initial (so no
stranger will know their first name) and last name, faced them backwards on
the zipper so the names aren't flashing to the world. I also had some
custom clothing stampers made. They work okay, but sometimes the ink would
bleed out, making them illegible.

Old March 24th 06, 05:39 AM posted to misc.kids

"toypup" wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...

Rose Garten wrote:
[...]

If you can get access to a Navy base, you might try to get the markers
that the sailors use to mark their clothes so that they get back to
them from the laundry. I've even gotten a white marker from there for
use on dark clothes.

I'd think permanent magic marker with a fine tip would work also.

grandma Rosalie