Frustrated Father

Old July 10th 03, 04:30 PM
zeldabee

Default Frustrated Father

==Daye== wrote:
"Ebook Profits Center" wrote:

Here is my problem. My mother and my wife don't get along. Big Surprise
!! Huh!!

Actually, not everyone hates their MIL. I love my MIL. She is a
great woman. I get along with her very well.

I still communicate occasionally with my former MIL. I like her very
much--she was a lot of help to me during the process of my splitting with
my ex-husband. Splitting with his whole family was nearly as traumatic to
me as the divorce itself.

So my big question to all of you, is should I go on this trip (which is
only 3 days) or should I not go?

Unless you are taking your wife with you, I wouldn't go. If my
DH left me at 35 weeks pregnant, my anger would know no bounds.

This brings to mind my current Situation...Bloke is a (non-professional)
downhill mountain bike racer. We've had some ongoing issues with
conflicting priorities, especially having to do with money, since our
budget has been so tight. It costs money very time he races, he puts money
into his bikes, etc.

Things have been very stressful lately, since we need to move by August 1,
and I've been searching for apartments, and haven't yet found one. Bloke
hasn't really been participating in the search--he's been working a lot,
since this is his busy season.

Anyway, to make a long story short, he'd mentioned going to a race this
weekend, even asking if I wanted to go along, and I'd told him that unless
we definitely had an apartment, that I'd need to spend the entire weekend
pounding the pavement looking at apartments...and that he might consider
staying around and doing the same, because we absolutely must be out of our
current apartment by the 1st. This doesn't seem to have penetrated, though,
because this morning he was still talking as though he was going...Saturday
through Sunday.

I let him have it with both barrels, after which he said he wouldn't go,
with a little resentment perhaps...I don't know, I know how much the racing
means to him, but I don't think I was out of line. I know he's working 65
hours a week, but I'm 7 months pregnant, working full time, and I haven't
had a day to relax for many weeks--I had one evening in the last 2 weeks
where I was able to come straight home from work instead of to an
appointment with a broker. I have *never* been under this much stress.

I don't want to sink into self-pity...it's been entirely clear to me from
the moment I decided to continue the pregnancy that there was a good chance
I'd end up a single mother. Bloke really seems to want this to work, but he
keeps doing stuff like this. It seems like the responsibility is just too
much for him. I'm just beyond frustrated.

Sorry this turned into a rant, BTW.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old July 14th 03, 09:20 PM
Dittietx

Simple put you mother on a plane.

What is a Father? Mike General 20 May 4th 04 08:43 PM
Should this father do jail or probation? John Evans General 1 February 13th 04 11:10 PM
being a father [email protected] General 0 November 19th 03 04:05 AM
10 ways to be a better father Renee General 1 November 16th 03 02:29 PM
Father Upset With Foster Service Over Near-Drowning Of Son [email protected] General 0 June 30th 03 10:43 PM