Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless Of Cultural Norm

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12th 07, 04:22 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

Default Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety, Regardless OfCultural Norm

Just as I expected, LaVonne is the one that is doing the avoidance while
letting her little chihuahua, aka Kane9, doing the verbal abuse for her.
What a laugh!

Doan

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Doan wrote:

First, the study is a correlation study. No CAUSATION can be implied.
Thus, the claim that spanking "Leads" to child aggression and anxiety
is bogus! Second, the authors themselves admitted that they included
beatings that are certainly abusive in the USA in study. If you really
want to debate this study, I am willing to give it a shot - no verbal
abuse warranted. ;-) Wanna give me a try? My guess is you will be
the one that do the avoidance and instead will use your little Kane9
to do the verbal abuse and attack for you.

Doan

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Well, I received a multitude of similar responses when I posted a
reference to this study. It's hard to accept defeat or to debate
intelligently in light of solid evidence that refutes one's personal
beliefs.

When that happens, one can engage in avoidance, changing the subject, or
verbal abuse. In my over ten years of involvement on this ng, and in
working with families, children, and students, I'm familiar with all
three strategies.

None of the strategies change the evidence research has demonstrated.
Hitting children is no more effective than alternative strategies that
model, teach, and hold children accountable, and it carries the
potential for both short and long term harm. We now have evidence that
context and culture does not eliminate the potential for negative
outcomes or decrease the effectiveness of alternative discipline strategies.

LaVonne

0:- wrote:
0:- wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114110820.htm

Source: Society for Research in Child Development

... * More frequent use of physical discipline was less strongly
associated with child aggression and anxiety when it was perceived as
being more culturally accepted, but physical discipline was also
associated with more aggression and anxiety regardless of the
perception of cultural acceptance. ...

... * In all countries, however, higher use of physical discipline
was
associated with more child aggression and anxiety. ...

The silence is deafening.

Will I simply get another babbling change of subject from Doan?

Or will he continue to display his cowardice and shame his good family
name?

R R R R ....hihihi

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114110820.htm