Parent conference vent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13th 09, 08:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler[_2_]

Default Parent conference vent

I just got a note on these from my daughter's school, and
I'm wondering how it's handled elsewhere. I have to say, as
a mom, it almost seems like the school doesn't actually
want us to do conferences at all-the conference times are
between 1:00-3:00, when the pre-K kids leave at 11:30 and
either go to extended daycare or home, and conference times
are only 15 minutes long.

So, parents who work will have to leave work for a 15
minute conference. Parents who don't work will have to
either find child care, or bring a preschooler back to
school in the middle of the afternoon, which, for many
preschoolers, is nap time. In my case, it takes at least 15
minutes each way to GET to the school from home, too.

I'm very, very tempted to be an "uninvolved parent" and just skip the whole
dang thing!

A single parent faces a unique set of challenges. Let me work with you to overcome them and grow into the best parent you can be! kelly Child Support 6 June 23rd 07 04:32 AM
We are trying a new conference this year [email protected] General 0 April 8th 06 11:47 PM
911 truth conference john Kids Health 0 December 9th 05 07:14 AM
Foster Parent Conference wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 April 26th 05 08:39 PM
Enforcement Conference [email protected] Child Support 14 March 10th 05 02:12 AM