For all moms, Grandmothers, and moms-to-be

Old April 5th 06, 06:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default For all moms, Grandmothers, and moms-to-be

Someone send this to me. Bring a joyful tear to my eye, I thought of
all the moms, gandmothers, and moms-to-be. So this is for all of you to
enjoy!

Before I was a Mom I slept as late as I wanted and never worried
about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a MomI had never been puked on.
Pooped on. Spit on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom

I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom

I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop
the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important
and happy.

Before I was a Mom

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to
make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the
wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

And before I was a Grandma

I didn't know that all those "Mom" feelings more than doubled!

Old April 5th 06, 08:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

julie MT wrote:
[...]

Thank for that. Sometimes we need a reminder when life gets a little
crazy. Just today my 1 yo got his needles and I had to hold him still
while she did it and he cried and I felt so bad for him as he doesn't
understand. So many of these statements held so much truth for me.

Shelley
mom of 2 boys

Old April 5th 06, 09:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi Julie,

Long time, no hear. How's the baby?

Larry