My son is weaned :(

Old July 30th 03, 08:13 PM
cloud nine

Default My son is weaned :(

I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

I am really sad, but also happy. I know you can all relate to that. I am
sad that it's over but so happy that it happened. I still can't believe we
made it so long!! Yippee for us!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your wealth of knowledge. I really and truly
could not have done it without you all. I will be sticking around and
helping out when I can!

Fondly,
Sue
Mom to Benton ~ 26 months old

Old July 30th 03, 08:40 PM
Mary W.

cloud nine wrote:

I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

I am really sad, but also happy. I know you can all relate to that. I am
sad that it's over but so happy that it happened. I still can't believe we
made it so long!! Yippee for us!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your wealth of knowledge. I really and truly
could not have done it without you all. I will be sticking around and
helping out when I can!

Oh Sue, I know how you feel (exactly!) DD has just weaned at 26 months
too (I think she is one day older than your son, May 20). For us it was
a long time coming, she'd been down to one nursing per day for a while.
And it was only 3 sucks and she was done. So I gave her a little nudge
and told her "we are done nursing" one night. She smiled and said "done",
rolled over and went to sleep. The next couple of nights we had the same
conversation. Then two nights ago, she said "no nursing". I expect she'll
stop the commentary soon.

I'm only kind of sad, since I've been wanting to wean for awhile, and
she had been resistant. I'm glad we did it for 26 months, and I'm thrilled
to see her developing into such a spirited (obstinate?) little girl.

Congratulations to you, on a job well done!

Mary

Old July 30th 03, 09:08 PM
Nikki

cloud nine wrote:
I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

I am really sad, but also happy. I know you can all relate to that.

Well congratulations :-). What a great start you've given Benton. Looks
like there are a bunch of 26 month olds here that recently weaned. I'm not
a bit sad. Enjoy all those long cuddles and lap time without having to drag
a body part out, Lol.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old July 31st 03, 01:09 AM
iphigenia

cloud nine wrote:
I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

Congratulations on having had such a successful breastfeeding relationship -
but condolences on weaning! It's been such a huge part of my life since Gabe
was born, I can imagine how it will be bittersweet when (if...*) he decides
to wean!

*considering he's almost 25 months and still nurses about as much as
Barbara's Jamie, I'm thinking, not anytime soon! Sometimes I wish I didn't
have a kid who tries to pull my shirt up, but it's such a useful tool...

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 31st 03, 02:17 AM
nnaesor

"iphigenia" wrote in message
cloud nine wrote:
I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

Congratulations on having had such a successful breastfeeding

relationship -
but condolences on weaning! It's been such a huge part of my life since

Gabe
was born, I can imagine how it will be bittersweet when (if...*) he

decides
to wean!

*considering he's almost 25 months and still nurses about as much as
Barbara's Jamie, I'm thinking, not anytime soon! Sometimes I wish I didn't
have a kid who tries to pull my shirt up, but it's such a useful tool...

--

I also have a 26 month old that nurses that often. Most times I'm grateful,
sometimes I am wishing it would stop. It is an excellent tool, though.

Roseann

Old July 31st 03, 03:14 AM
A&G&K

"cloud nine" wrote in message
I think it's official that my 26 month old is now completely weaned.

I am really sad, but also happy. I know you can all relate to that. I am
sad that it's over but so happy that it happened. I still can't believe

we
made it so long!! Yippee for us!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your wealth of knowledge. I really and truly
could not have done it without you all. I will be sticking around and
helping out when I can!

Fondly,
Sue
Mom to Benton ~ 26 months old

Congratulations on such a great bf relationship.
Amanda

Old July 31st 03, 01:56 PM
cloud nine

Go, Jamie!!

Jamie is still going strong at nearly 25 months--he nurses 4-5 times a
day still, on average, so I doubt we'll be joining you anytime soon.

--
Barbara, mommy to Jamie (5 July 2001)
See Jamie at http://pixel.citadel.org/jamie

Old July 31st 03, 01:57 PM
cloud nine

Thank you!

I am so glad Gabe is still going strong!

Old August 2nd 03, 05:45 AM
Chookie

Congratulations, Sue!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990

Why does this bother me? (re - breastfeeding) Sophie Pregnancy 373 June 12th 04 11:01 PM
What book/s are you reading now? ted Pregnancy 89 March 3rd 04 02:07 AM
Moved and Luke weaned Nikki Breastfeeding 2 July 31st 03 02:49 AM
I win! Rosie Breastfeeding 2 July 22nd 03 10:58 PM
Reason for weaning from bottle at 1 yo? Truffles General 38 July 13th 03 09:18 AM