Twin nick names?

Old September 26th 03, 02:47 AM
Andrea

Default Twin nick names?

When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other "Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other "Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison. Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison "Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old
Old September 26th 03, 04:06 AM
H Schinske

Andrea wrote:

Do your twins have nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

I think many siblings do it. Mine called each other Em-mee and Tia when they
were tiny. The names didn't stick, though, in our case.

--Helen

Old September 26th 03, 07:16 AM
Seth Jackson

I don't recall how long ago it happened, but Derek started calling
Mariel "Mariel-Mah". So far, the name has stuck. Also, my wife is
"Mommy-Mah" and I'm "Daddy-Dah". Those names don't get used nearly as
often, though. For some reason, Derek won't let us call him
"Derek-Dah".
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Old September 26th 03, 12:33 PM
Julie Seely

Andrea --

Not true in our case. They have no nicknames for each other, but one of
my sisters and I did and still do. She's 3 years older than I.

Julie (Jules), sister to Lucy (Lu)
and Mom to C&E, 07/97

Old September 26th 03, 12:55 PM
Jonathan Wolgamuth

In article ,
says...
When Jordan and Madison were learning to talk they called each other "Dordan"
and "Ma-ison." Then for some reason they started calling each other "Ju-Ju"
(or "Baby Ju-Ju") and "Maa-Maa" for many months (probably close to a year).
Then they started calling each other by their names, Jordan and Madison. Now
Madison always says "Jordan", but Jordan will often call Madison "Maa-Maa".
She probably uses "Madison" and "Maa-Maa" equally. Do your twins have nick
names for each other? I'm wondering if this is a 'twin thing' or is it
something that all siblings do?

Andrea, that is great--and something for me to look forward to.

However, right now the kids are just 18 weeks old, so they don't even
know the other exists (or at least they are indifferent to the other's
existance!!)

Anyway, what I find amazing is our (the parent's) ability to come up
with nicknames for our kids. (Don't ask where some of these came from,
because I probably won't even know!)

Ella becomes

Ella Bean
Beaner
LL Bean
LL Cool Bean
Little Chunk (see brother's nicknames)

Henry Becomes

Chunk
Super Chunk
Booger
Booger Barn
(but never "Hank")

Unfortunately, we probably use the nicknames more than their actual
names--hope we don't confuse them too much!

--
Jonathan

"Kids are great Apu! You can teach them to hate the things you hate, and
they practically raise themselves with the internet and all!"

H.S.