Christian Doctor Has Doubts About Study Indicating Ritalin-CancerLink

Old July 25th 05, 11:03 PM
Mark Probert

Default Christian Doctor Has Doubts About Study Indicating Ritalin-CancerLink

http://headlines.agapepress.org/printver.asp

"(AgapePress) - A pediatrician in Illinois says he's a bit skeptical of
a small Texas study reporting a higher risk of cancer from Ritalin. Dr.
Nick Yates, a spokesman for the Christian Medical & Dental Associations
(CMDA), says there are a number of problems with the researchers'
methods and further investigation is warranted."

"Yates says among the problems with the Texas study is the fact that it
was conducted in a "retrospective" manner. "What that means," he
explains, is that the researchers "went back and looked at the records
of children of those who were taking medications -- Ritalin or something
else -- and then they would ask a question, as 'Did that child have an
increased incidence of something else?'"

Furthermore, the pediatrician points out, it is problematic that "the
study is very small, and there is no control group." Still, he
acknowledges that the Texas investigators' findings are worthy of
concern, and he feels it is a good thing that federal health officials
are looking into the study."

"Personally, Yates considers Ritalin to be generally safe and effective,
despite the risk of possible side effects. All drugs people take involve
some danger, he says, "but the risks are not undue risks. And when used
properly, medications -- with the correct diagnosis and the correct
medical problem -- really are useful.""

Old July 26th 05, 01:32 AM
Mark Probert

LadyLollipop wrote:
[...]

Exactly why I quoted that paragraph. He said "concern" not raving
paranoia and making absurd outlandish claims, like you professional
fearmongers.

Old July 26th 05, 04:33 AM
Raving Loonie

Mark Probert wrote:
LadyLollipop wrote:
[...]

You emphasize that he belongs to a ' Christian ' contituency.

... implying ?

RL

Old July 26th 05, 02:15 PM
Mark Probert

Raving Loonie wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

LadyLollipop wrote:

[...]

The emphasis is not mine. Agape Press is a Christian site, and the
subject line is the headline of the story.

Old July 26th 05, 02:20 PM
Mark Probert

Mark Probert wrote:

http://www.neurodiversity.com/haley_reply.html

http://www.neurodiversity.com/haley_reply02.html

yes, Haley did not apologize. However, one of the attendees, who did

use the term "Mad Child Disease" did.

That speaks volumes about Haley's sensitivity (lack thereof).

http://www.neurodiversity.com/reply_to_miller.html

Old July 26th 05, 04:33 PM
LadyLollipop

Mark Probert is once again confused.

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Mark Probert wrote:

Snip wrong post about Haley that has been discussed previously

Old July 26th 05, 11:06 PM
Mark Probert

Mark Probert wrote:

Snip wrong post about Haley that has been discussed previously

Jan, if I stopped short, your proboscis would strike my duodenum.

Old July 27th 05, 12:41 AM
Peter Bowditch

Mark Probert wrote:

Snip wrong post about Haley that has been discussed previously

Jan, if I stopped short, your proboscis would strike my duodenum.

Eeeewww!! More information than I needed there. I will have to go and
wash my mind out with soap.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old July 27th 05, 02:15 PM
Mark Probert

Peter Bowditch wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

Snip wrong post about Haley that has been discussed previously

Jan, if I stopped short, your proboscis would strike my duodenum.

Eeeewww!! More information than I needed there. I will have to go and
wash my mind out with soap.

Just so long as Jan does not have to wash her.....

Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 09:05 PM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
Kids should work... Doan Foster Parents 31 December 7th 03 04:01 AM