Question about going out to visit...

Old March 13th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Question about going out to visit...

"Kim" wrote in message news:...

"xkatx" wrote in message
news2HMf.5509$Ui.3354@edtnps84...

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:06:29 GMT, "Kim" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"xkatx" ...

Send her the fish bill... Chances are you wont get the money but the
next
time she visits make sure YOU mention the bill when she allows her
child
to run rampant... She is responsible for the actions of her child...
Simply say that if the welfare people don't give you enough money for
groceries diapers etc she might want to look into quitting the
smoking to
save money... I'd also suggest that to save herself some money she
might
want to watch her child since she already owes you 60 dollars for the
last visit... Be direct and to the point... I'm thinking she wont
visit
too many times if you don't show sympathy and you stick to your guns

Good luck

Kim

It comes down to ****ing me off the most when she complains about the
money, or lack thereof, yet she's got the most expensive phone company
around here - something like $50 a month for the cable phone, and it
comes
with the free long distance, call display, voice mail, etc., and yet
most
people, especially low income, are quite satisfied with a regular,
plain
jane phone... I pay something like a total of $23.something for my
phone,
and I have just a phone, yet I'm sure we have a bit of extra cash for
all
the bells and whistles, but we just don't bother.
She goes out with like a Zellers or Sears department store credit card
that I'm not sure how on earth she managed to get in the first place,
and
buys craploads of stuff she doesn't need - like the most expensive
double
stroller she could find. Alright, she's got 2 little ones that a
double
stroller would be needed, and her only mode of transportation is
bus/walking, but I was quite satisfied finding a nice stroller at the
kids' consignment stores for a helluva lot cheaper... $60 was what a
double stroller was going for at the one consignment store... Sure
beats
the nearly $250 she paid... And yes, the smoking... I enjoy my
smoking -
it's time for me to just go outside with a 'reason' and get out of the
house every couple hours for 5 minutes, and I do have my own cash left
over after bills, rent, food and all that has been paid. I can't
afford
to keep giving her smokes... She'll ask if I want to go outside for a
smoke, I'll say sure, and she'll ask me for a smoke... Then one more
for
the road.
I came home this evening to one more dead fish... Tack on another dead
Yoyo loach to that bill of hers. I think I will just go out and
replace
those fish anyways. Give her a copy of the bill and hand it to her in
"Thinking of You" card or something...

Oh no you don't want to seem "tacky" LOL just hand her the bill and say
very
sweetly "I'm so glad you offered to pay for the dead fish - I sure can't
afford to lose $60-100 (whatever amount of money) out of my grocery
money
for the month" put the shoe on the other foot for a while... every time
she
comes over and she hasn't paid up simply say "I'd ofer you a coffee but
haven't got any cream/sugar/coffee -- I had to cut back as I'm (how ever
much short) this month -- you wouldn't happen to have the money you owe
me
for replacing the dead fish would you?" and when she says lets go
outside
for a smoke simply say "oh great! I haven't had one in days - one more
thing I had to cut back on yaknow"

Damn.. you're good! Those are absolutely great lines!

I agree! I think I'm gonna find a pen and some paper and jot some little
notes down. We're all doing fine as far as bills and such go... Paid off
ALL the bills and rent at the beginning of this month, so all bills are
sitting at $0, and both Norm and I still have quite a bit of money left
over, and this is the first time this has happened in a very, very long
time - bills paid up WITH cash left over. I quite enjoy this money left
over, and I quite not enjoy supporting someone else and their 2 children.
I think some of those lines are fantastic. I'm gonna use them - but I'll
give you credit for them here and in my own mind given you don't mind
LOL

I don't care if you have a million dallars in the bank... Although if ya
do.... HAHAHAAH Kidding... She doesn't KNOW that... And I wouldn't be
TELLING her... so no saying 'it's ok' that's an easy way out for her and
you... Your finances are none of her business... And you don't want her
mooching anymore...soooo stick to your guns girl... If she's your pal
she'll come up with the cash AND be happy to... If she's the mooch she'll
stop visiting after a bit of time and I think you'll find spending that
$60.00 bucks for the fishies was well worth every penny

"I'm so broke I couldn't afford to pay my phone bill I guess I should have
waited til you got the cash for the fish...I really wish I'd have known
you weren't going to be able to pay me right back cause I certainly
wouldn't have taken the money out of my phone bill/power bill/grocery bill
as now I'm just really short... Hey have you got a smoke? Man I'd KILL
for a smoke!"

Repeat after me... I can do this... I can get sweet revenge and learn
whether or not this gal is a pal or a putz... PLUS I promise you'll giggle
at the look on her face when you neatly turn the "i'm so broke" tables it
really is quite priceless... *grin*

A former Victim (in case ya missed it) LOL

Do you support or advocate, morally or ethically [email protected] Spanking 7 March 24th 05 02:29 AM
Question #2 for Dr. Sarah Vaughan (should women have to ASK?) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 9 November 7th 04 11:03 PM
Another child killed in kincare Kane Spanking 26 February 17th 04 05:30 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Kids should work... Doan Foster Parents 31 December 7th 03 03:01 AM