Old Wives Tales on Baby's Gender...

Old November 25th 03, 02:10 AM
Jill

Default Old Wives Tales on Baby's Gender...

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/pregnancy/owt1.htm

While researching something I found a page where people list some pretty
humorous old wive's tales for how to tell if you are having a boy or a girl.

I like the one about the key...the funny thing is I picked up a key earlier
today and remember picking it up the way that's supposed to tell you you're
having a girl. I am not sure you can objectively do it if you know ahead of
time as you will be aware of how you are picking up the key. If you're
curious, pick a key up before you read it! I had never heard that before.

I *feel* like it's a girl. I pick a key up like it's a girl. The left eye
thing tells me girl. A Chinese gender chart said girl (although a different
one said boy- one was based on my birthday the other one was based on
something a bit different). etc....this is fun...

Old November 25th 03, 04:31 AM
Carol Ann

:: I *feel* like it's a girl. I pick a key up like it's a girl. The left eye
:: thing tells me girl. A Chinese gender chart said girl (although a
different
:: one said boy- one was based on my birthday the other one was based on
:: something a bit different). etc....this is fun...

It's probably a boy! LOL!

~Carol Ann

Old November 25th 03, 01:29 PM
Sophie

"Jill" wrote in message
news

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/pregnancy/owt1.htm

Too weird!

I pick up a key by the skinny part - girl
Lewis said mama - girl
Charlotte's 5 and wants a girl (don't think that counts - lol) - girl
Age and yr are both odd - girl
I show hands palms up - girl

I don't care enough to know to eat garlic or do the Draino test - lol

Chinagold.com says girl too

Old November 25th 03, 05:11 PM
Kari

I no longer believe *any* old wives tales!

I had every girl one you can imagine. Especially the biggie ones like
heartbeat, bad morning sickness, conceiving 3 days before ovulation. Chinese
chart said girl too.

I think they're great fun and its so cool to speculate too. I enjoyed the
suprise when he came out a he - shocked everyone and that was the best.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and Xander (7 weeks)

Old November 25th 03, 07:58 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Sophie wrote:

I pick up a key by the skinny part - girl
Lewis said mama - girl
Charlotte's 5 and wants a girl (don't think that counts -

lol) - girl
Age and yr are both odd - girl
I show hands palms up - girl

I don't care enough to know to eat garlic or do the Draino

test - lol

Chinagold.com says girl too

So it will be a boy then ;-)

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old November 25th 03, 08:00 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Kari wrote:
I no longer believe *any* old wives tales!

I had every girl one you can imagine. Especially the

biggie ones like
heartbeat, bad morning sickness, conceiving 3 days before

ovulation.
Chinese chart said girl too.

I think they're great fun and its so cool to speculate

too. I enjoyed
the suprise when he came out a he - shocked everyone and

that was the
best.

I was 100% convinced Lydia was going to be Oscar. It never
even crossed my mind it would be a girl. I had only blue
clothes in the baby draws, only knitted in blue, only gave
serious thought to boy's names. It was quite a shock when
she turned out to be a girl, and was nameless for 5 day's as
a result...lol
It was a lovely surprise though :-)

Old November 25th 03, 08:23 PM
Daye

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:29:53 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

I show hands palms up - girl

That one is just weird. I *always* should my hands palms up. I
*know* I am having a boy.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

Old November 25th 03, 08:37 PM
Sophie

wrote:

I show hands palms up - girl

That one is just weird. I *always* should my hands palms up. I
*know* I am having a boy.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
"Boy" EDD 11 Jan 2004
See Jayan: http://jayan.topcities.com/

I don't know why you would show your hands palms down. That just doesn't
seem natural to me.

Veggie Tales Jan Silbermann General 15 July 15th 04 11:54 PM
Review: The Stepford Wives (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 12:06 AM
gender performance online Daisy General 1 May 30th 04 03:35 AM
Review: My Baby's Daddy (* 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 January 15th 04 05:03 AM
Old wives tales Daye Pregnancy 19 October 10th 03 02:28 PM