Tell me this is not true - re - twins

Old November 19th 03, 02:57 AM
Sophie

Default Tell me this is not true - re - twins

It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

I usually don't get morning sickness till week 7-8. I'm at week 5 now. I
have been constantly starving. At my July pregnancy group, most women (yes
the ones already wearing maternity clothes - lol) already have morning
sickness. A few (myself included) don't, and some have heard it's an Old
Wives Tale sign of twins.

I've never heard that one before. Please, please, please tell me it's not
true. I can't have an odd number - lol.

Sophie

#4 due 7/18/04

I was too sick to eat for most of my first trimester when I was having twins
(2nd pregnancy) and ravenous with my singleton (first pregnancy).

Leigh in raLeigh

Old November 19th 03, 03:40 AM
Jen in South Florida

Sophie wrote:
It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

More than likely, it's just a sign that your body needs some
extra calories.

That said, I had no morning sickness and darn near starved to
death between weeks 6-9. I just couldn't eat enough! It worked,
I made my weight gain goal of 24 pounds by 24 weeks.

Jen
edd 12/20/03 - twin boys!

Old November 19th 03, 03:54 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Sophie wrote:

It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a pregnancy, instead of
having morning sickness, is a sign of twins gulp is it??

I usually don't get morning sickness till week 7-8. I'm at week 5 now. I
have been constantly starving. At my July pregnancy group, most women (yes
the ones already wearing maternity clothes - lol) already have morning
sickness. A few (myself included) don't, and some have heard it's an Old
Wives Tale sign of twins.

I've never heard that one before. Please, please, please tell me it's not
true. I can't have an odd number - lol.

Well, if it's true, I have three sets of twins and
don't know it ;-) Prior to nausea kicking in, I was utterly
*ravenous* all three times.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 19th 03, 04:09 AM
AmyM

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Oh, Sophie! I didn't see your announcement! HUGE congratulations! You're due
on my birthday!
--
Amy~
Mommy to

#4 due 7/18/04

#4 due 7/18/04

I dunno if its true, probably not, but I've been freaking out about the odd
number thing too, lately. Twins run in our families, and my oldest had a
twin that I lost.. Then there's the whole do I count my stepdaughter into
the odd number thing?? I don't even know what I'd do with two newborns at a
time! So here's hoping, Sophie!

Old November 19th 03, 11:07 AM
Taniwha grrrl

Sophie wrote:
It's not true that pigging out at the beginning of a

pregnancy,
instead of having morning sickness, is a sign of twins

gulp is it??

I'm with Erika, if that was true I'd have 10 sets of twins
by now not 1...lol
I don't get morning sickness and I get completely ravenous
in early pregnany, I put most of my weight on in the first 4
months, I just gorge. Thankfully it has all come of just as
quickly this though, Lydia is nearly 4 months and I'm
already back to 60kgs, and I'm happy with that, although
secretly I'd love to get back to 58kg.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

#4 due 7/18/04

Old November 19th 03, 12:11 PM
Sophie

I'm with Erika, if that was true I'd have 10 sets of twins
by now not 1...lol

Lol. Thank goodness.

I don't get morning sickness and I get completely ravenous
in early pregnany, I put most of my weight on in the first 4
months, I just gorge. Thankfully it has all come of just as
quickly this though, Lydia is nearly 4 months and I'm
already back to 60kgs, and I'm happy with that, although
secretly I'd love to get back to 58kg.

--
Andrea

I guess I must not remember being starving before the sickness hits. I'll
be glad for it, hopefully I'll lose this weight, plus I had 10 extra lbs on
me anyway this time. Remind me I said that when I complain, okay? Lol.

I wouldn't mind the extra 10 lbs (making me 140 lbs) if I weren't pregnant.
I *know* I'll gain and it's been harder to lose it each time. But with this
being my last I think I'll work harder to lose it, knowing I'll not get
pregnant again and gain, you know?

Phew, thanks

Old November 19th 03, 12:55 PM
Kari

Sophie -

With Xander I was STARVING by 3 weeks. I ate and ate until about week 6 or 7
when the morning sickness kicked in. With Noah, I never got morning sickness
and just kept on eating, lol I can't remember with Kaylie, I think it was a
mix kind of in between.
After this time around, I really believe people now when they say each
pregnancy is different. I had 3 completely different pregnancies, I swore I
was having twins this time around too! (because of the starving in the
beginning and the awful morning sickess after)

Kari
Mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and Xander (7 weeks)