T-shirts

Old June 26th 03, 12:44 AM
Mel Gamble

Default T-shirts

When was that, Teach? I know Unemployment Division here in oregun has access
to (federal?) funds for "displaced worker" re-training, which would seem to
apply in her case and Lecher's, at least now that so many of those high-tech
jobs are going that way. Has she been in touch with her state's employment
division lately?

Mel Gamble

My sympathies, Lech, about your programming job. My sister's job went to
India, too. She tried to get some assistance in some sort of retraining,
and was told that retraining funds were to help those who had never worked,
not those who had worked until their jobs were shipped overseas. She had to
sell her house, home of 25 years, pack up her beloved husband who had just
suffered a stroke, and move. She is getting paid by SS to stay home and
take care of hubby until she can find something and get on her feet again.

"Lecher9000" wrote in message
Interesting. I was divorced largely because i had a computer programming

job,
which I hated, and which made me cranky, and resent my wife for being able

stay home and watch TV and spend MY money. She simply refused to work ! I

am
blamed for "choosing poorly".

I kept at the programming job because of the money, and I thought "at

least
my wife won't leave, because I make a lot of money". Well, she left

anyway,
taking most of MY assets, after having mooched off me for 13 years (free
benefits, nice house, free psychiatrist, her own car, the whole 9 yards).

After the divorce, I finally had some time to actually keep a lot of what

earned, instead of having her make it disappear. That only lasted a few

years,
though. In December, 2002, our programmimng jobs (at IBM Global Services)

went
to India, and about 200 of us "American" programmers got the axe.

I look at it as a way to "start over" now. No ungrateful lazy
"self-actualizing" dependent wife ripping me off, no high-stress

technojob. I
am now looking for a low stress job which I will enjoy, or at least not

hate. I
still pay my monthly CS. I do not regret having a child, but I do regret

being
so "stand-up Protestant Work Ethic do the right thing protect the woman

and put
your head on the chopping block you are to be used and abused anything

else is
unamerican and unmanly stop whining work harder earn more so the wife can

spend
more". Bulls**t.

The sad thing is, even if I could do it all over, and got a prenup to

protect
me from "choosing poorly", the prenup would have been thrown out by 90

percent
of the judges!!!

God Bless all of you guys who are DOING something to fix the problems with

NCP
situation.

Old June 26th 03, 02:10 AM
TeacherMama

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
When was that, Teach? I know Unemployment Division here in oregun has

access
to (federal?) funds for "displaced worker" re-training, which would seem

apply in her case and Lecher's, at least now that so many of those

high-tech
jobs are going that way. Has she been in touch with her state's

employment
division lately?

Yes, Mel, she has!! More than 1 time. They say they have nothing for
her--until she has sunk so low she loses the house!! Why the h*ll do I pay
taxes!! They certainly don't seem to help anyone I know. The employment
people told her that the retraining money was earmarked for getting people
off of welfare.

Old June 27th 03, 12:19 PM
Mel Gamble

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
When was that, Teach? I know Unemployment Division here in oregun has

access
to (federal?) funds for "displaced worker" re-training, which would seem

apply in her case and Lecher's, at least now that so many of those

high-tech
jobs are going that way. Has she been in touch with her state's

employment
division lately?

Yes, Mel, she has!! More than 1 time. They say they have nothing for
her--until she has sunk so low she loses the house!! Why the h*ll do I pay
taxes!! They certainly don't seem to help anyone I know. The employment
people told her that the retraining money was earmarked for getting people
off of welfare.

Makes no sense. "Displaced workers" are those whose jobs have left the country
or disappeared through some other government action. NAFTA spawned a lot of
it. Welfare recipients HAD NO jobs in the first place and wouldn't qualify for
those funds.

Mel Gamble
Old June 29th 03, 11:39 AM
Mel Gamble

Oh hell ...

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, I know. I can't figure it out. Maybe she just didn't ask the right
questions. Or maybe the funds were all tied up with other displaced
workers. She was in Silicon Valley.

THEY ran out of those funds 5 years ago....

Mel Gamble

Mel Gamble

Old July 3rd 03, 02:53 PM
retr

look at the bigger picture my dear "father" drew.
if they don't move those jobs to India, those companies won't survive and
will go bankrupt and you and your wife and your ex-girlfriend and her new
husband will all lose their jobs and you will be on the street. then a
heavily burdened welfare system won't be able to support you after sometime.
so, keep those "dirty toothbrushes", it will come in handy for you, you
arrogant, ignorant american.

"Father Drew" wrote in message
You gotta be kidding me! I have friends that have lost their jobs because
our company has moved the work to India. My friends are having a hell of

time finding a new job. My job is at risk as well as our company migrates
to India, along with lots of other major companies. America is selling

out
it's own employees for cheap labor in India, I wouldn't send a dirty
toothbrush.

-Drew

"T-shirts" wrote in message
Please visit, buy a T-shirt and help a child.

http://www.travels2india.co.uk

Old July 10th 03, 01:37 PM
Alex

Good job !!!

le.rogers.com...

"T-shirts" wrote in message
Please visit, buy a T-shirt and help a child.

http://www.travels2india.co.uk

Maternity clothes - waste of money? ted Pregnancy 39 February 23rd 04 05:19 PM
Christmas present request -- can you identify this? iowacookiemom General (moderated) 6 December 16th 03 03:44 PM
Cheap Nursing Shirts Nina Pregnancy 11 October 10th 03 08:39 PM
first-time parent question Marie General 22 October 6th 03 07:48 PM
¿JNCO Flamehead shirts - fashionable? ConTactMe General 0 September 26th 03 09:58 PM