Milk already or never really went away?

Old September 19th 06, 08:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Milk already or never really went away?

Alright, if this is TMI, I apologize first!

For the last little while, I've noticed I do have the first stages of milk
already. I'm checking how far along I am because I can't remember lol...
I'm 35 weeks today.
(Here's probably the TMI part) I have been able to squeeze small amounts of
clear or whiteish milk out, last night it looked like it had almost an
orange tint to it... Is this normal already?
DD is also only 13 months old. I bf her until she was I can't remember...
About 4 months old before I gave up when she started to lose a lot of weight
and not take to the breast. I was pg again when she was 6 months old - it
was right after my cycle started again at the end of January.
Is this milk coming in already? Is it still kind of leftovers from DD?
Why, last night only, did it look almost like a white/orangish color?
(could it have been the lighting? - It was at night and in bed, but this was
normally when I got a bit curious, and often I've heard so much in the past
that BM is great to condition nipples at the start... Although I *never* had
issues with any of my kids with sore, chapped or cracked nipples)
Is this a sign that if baby should come early for whatever reason that
there's now a good chance for less issues with bfing her?

Old September 19th 06, 10:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

it's colostrum, it's very very normal to have that beforehand, some people
suggest expressing a little and massaging it into your nipples, not sure why
though!

Cheers

Anne

Old September 20th 06, 10:21 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Since this is not your first baby, I'm surprised you colostrum
has come in so late.

Larr5y
Old September 23rd 06, 02:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
it's colostrum, it's very very normal to have that beforehand, some people
suggest expressing a little and massaging it into your nipples, not sure
why though!

Cheers

Anne

Well, yea, that's what I meant, but I always thought it was whiteish sorta,
but I did notice it almost looked like it had an orangish tint to it.
I also heard, I think, that it's supposed to 'condition' nipples - as far as
expressing and massaging into nipples goes, although I don't know if that's
true?

Old September 23rd 06, 02:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

wrote in message ...

Since this is not your first baby, I'm surprised you colostrum
has come in so late.

Larr5y

Oh no... I noticed it a while back.
I actually found lately, not sure how long ago though, that it's easier to
express a bit. I don't think my milk ever totally and completely dried up,
though.