Stuck In Hospital

Old May 27th 06, 11:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Stuck In Hospital

Hi All! Well, as of my last question/post, I've had another slight
emergency and am now back in the Hospital.

Baby Isabelle is 32w today. We've gotten 2 steriod shots since
Wednesday's large bleed, and am on an IV & monitors. No emergency
c-section which was planned, so that's great! My blood count is
getting lower, so there's talk of a transfusion, but I'm just grateful
for any extra days we get in now...

This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of my first with my now 2
1/2 year old son. First we had hyperemesis grav. where I was in twice
for extreme dehydration (on potassium drips) for not being able to keep
water, etc... then the 5cm cyst found on my right ovary... then the
complete placenta previa diagnosis... then the subchorionic
hemmorhaging... then 3 more bleeds and hospital stays, then Wednesday's
big hoopla of gushing blood, etc...

Any prayers are appreciated. My wonderful husband & son surprised me
yesterday with this laptop! So exciting to be 'connected'. The dialup
is slow, but it's not as if there's anything pressing to do here at the
hospital other than not move much.

All the Best,
Alana

Old May 27th 06, 11:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Alana" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi Alana

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time Positive thoughts and vibes to
you, baby Isabelle, DH and DS...

Take care - and have fun with the laptop!

*hugs*

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Old May 28th 06, 10:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

you poor thing, ((hugs))

when I was in hospital before Ada (my 2nd) was born, there was a lady there
who was in because she had a similar experience to you, big bleed around 32
weeks, she was still at work and everything and she was rushed to hospital
and she wasn't going to get out until the baby was born, she was at 36 weeks
when I was there and they were planning to delivery at 38 weeks, it was all
expectant mangement, she was there so that if things deteriorated they could
act straight away, either with delivery, or better still preventing delivery
by treatment, whereas had there been a delay they would have had to deliver.
She had a couple more scares, but as I had Ada, I never found out what
happened later.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that baby stays inside as long as possible
and that you stay healthy.

Cheers

Anne

Old May 29th 06, 02:43 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

My thoughts are with you,

--

Isabelle
Mlle C 2004-11-27

oups.com...

Old May 29th 06, 07:05 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Sending prayers and hugs to you

Hope everything takes a turn for the positive. Being stuck in the hospital
can be awful. I didn't have an experience like yours, but for the last three
weeks of my first pregnancy I had to go in almost every day due to high BP
and the possibility of pre-eclampsia. Managed to make a friend who was
sitting on the monitoring machine next to me every time I was in there and
due about the same time

Old May 29th 06, 06:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi Anne,

Gosh, thank you so much for the kind wishes and support!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Happy Memorial Day,
~Alana

Old May 29th 06, 06:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Thank you soooo much for your kind thoughts. I hope that you have a
WONDERFUL Memorial Day!!!

~Alana

Old May 29th 06, 06:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Engram,
Thank you so much for the support, prayers & hugs!
Everyone is so kind on here- it really does help the feelings of
loneliness, isolation, etc... when sitting here all alone hooked up to
monitors.
Hope that you have a GREAT Memorial Day!
~Alana

Old May 29th 06, 11:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Alana, I realized as I read your post that I am quite foolish and
stupid for complaining about -still- being pregnant. I should be
counting my blessings.

I love your positive attitude -- keep that up! You and your family
will be in my thoughts.

I hope you had an enjoyable Memorial Day, whether someone snuck you
some barbecue from a cookout or you just had a peaceful, quiet day at
the hospital.

-Carlye
DD 9-29-04
DS EDD 6-2-06

Old May 30th 06, 05:35 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Alana,

I'll be thinking of you! I'm 29 weeks now with a partial previa, one
very minor bleed, and a (thankfully reabsorbed) subchor hemorrhage
myself. I have my fingers crossed for you to make 34/35 weeks (might
even not need the NICU then!) but at 32 things look pretty good. I
wish you much success in staying sane and connected (bed rest really
sucks.)

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Tracy