yikes; Pedialyte "substitute"

Old April 10th 04, 01:13 AM
H Schinske

Default yikes; Pedialyte "substitute"

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard to get kids

drink it.

Why not filter it?

--Helen
Old April 10th 04, 01:20 AM
nina

"H Schinske" wrote in message

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard to get

kids
drink it.

Why not filter it?

--Helen

Sounds reasonable to ME.
But anyone who would give a baby sno cone syrup is an idiot.

Old April 10th 04, 02:05 AM
badgirl

"nina" wrote in message

"H Schinske" wrote in message

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard

to get
kids
drink it.

Why not filter it?

--Helen

Sounds reasonable to ME.
But anyone who would give a baby sno cone syrup is an idiot.

Agreed....BUT...filtered water only takes *some* of the crap out of
bad water, it don't do a damn thing for the taste though ;(

Jen

Old April 10th 04, 10:39 AM
Cat

"nina" skrev i en meddelelse

"H Schinske" wrote in message

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard to get

kids
drink it.

Why not filter it?

--Helen

Sounds reasonable to ME.
But anyone who would give a baby sno cone syrup is an idiot.

OK.

Now I have to ask

Dumb Scandinavians, you know.

WHAT IS SNO CONE SYRUP??

My curiosity is killing me :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old April 10th 04, 12:16 PM

"badgirl" wrote in message news:MLHdc.112007$JO3.78807@attbi_s04...
"nina" wrote in message

"H Schinske" wrote in message

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard

to get
kids
drink it.

Why not filter it?

Sounds reasonable to ME.
But anyone who would give a baby sno cone syrup is an idiot.

Agreed....BUT...filtered water only takes *some* of the crap out of
bad water, it don't do a damn thing for the taste though ;(

We buy the bottle-your-own $0.25/ ga. water (from a storefront
retailer called Water 'N Ice -- are those common outside the
Southwest?) for drinking and baking. That stuff tastes fine, but it
is intensively treated in a way I couldn't reproduce at home without
RO and an ultraviolet light and some other filters. As a baby I
wouldn't drink the water in the city I live in nor formula made from
it and as an adult I'll only drink the stuff if I've no alternative.

DS is perfectly happy with a sippy cup of bottled water and doesn't
seem to like either cow's milk or juice. He does like my unsweetened
Republic of Tea British Breakfast iced tea. I'm hoping I can avoid
giving him sweet drinks for a long time yet.

On that note, my sister's neighbor told her today that she "couldn't
understand those people who only gave their babies water and not
something good like apple juice", so maybe it's more common than I
thought to believe flavored drinks are in some way necessary. To
train the kids for Kool-Aid and Dr. Pepper later, I guess.

--
C, mama to seventeen month old nursling
Old April 10th 04, 01:57 PM
JennP

wrote in message
m...

On that note, my sister's neighbor told her today that she "couldn't
understand those people who only gave their babies water and not
something good like apple juice", so maybe it's more common than I
thought to believe flavored drinks are in some way necessary. To
train the kids for Kool-Aid and Dr. Pepper later, I guess.

I give Matthew mostly water or milk to drink. Not much juice at all. I think
a few of my freinds think it's unusual but most of them give their kids
water.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old April 10th 04, 02:06 PM
Cheryl S.

wrote in message
m...
On that note, my sister's neighbor told her today
that she "couldn't understand those people who
only gave their babies water and not something
good like apple juice", so maybe it's more common
than I thought to believe flavored drinks are in
some way necessary. To train the kids for
Kool-Aid and Dr. Pepper later, I guess.

I think many adults don't like to drink water themselves, and project
that dislike onto their baby. They think if they only gave the baby
water to drink they'd be somehow depriving the baby and the baby would
be unhappy, rather than realize if the baby hadn't gotten anything else
he'd almost certainly be perfectly content with water and *enjoy*
drinking it.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 7 months

Old April 10th 04, 02:51 PM
nina

"Cat" wrote in message
. dk...
"nina" skrev i en meddelelse

"H Schinske" wrote in message

"nina" wrote in message

She said the water in that area has a foul taste and its hard to

get
kids
drink it.

Why not filter it?

--Helen

Sounds reasonable to ME.
But anyone who would give a baby sno cone syrup is an idiot.

OK.

Now I have to ask

Dumb Scandinavians, you know.

WHAT IS SNO CONE SYRUP??

My curiosity is killing me :-)

A snow cone is a frozen dessert made of shaved ice and placed in a paper
cone holder.
After the scoop of ice is put in the cone, it is covered with flavored
syrup- sno cone syrup.

Old April 10th 04, 02:54 PM
nina

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
wrote in message
m...
On that note, my sister's neighbor told her today
that she "couldn't understand those people who
only gave their babies water and not something
good like apple juice", so maybe it's more common
than I thought to believe flavored drinks are in
some way necessary. To train the kids for
Kool-Aid and Dr. Pepper later, I guess.

I think many adults don't like to drink water themselves, and project
that dislike onto their baby. They think if they only gave the baby
water to drink they'd be somehow depriving the baby and the baby would
be unhappy, rather than realize if the baby hadn't gotten anything else
he'd almost certainly be perfectly content with water and *enjoy*
drinking it.

True.
Also, in some areas the water just tastes nasty and NO ONE can tolerate it.
I drink my water with lime juice just so I can get it down. The water in
this part
of the country just tastes icky to me. In Houston its particularly foul. Ugh

Old April 10th 04, 02:59 PM
Cat

"nina" skrev i en meddelelse

"Cat" wrote in message

OK.

Now I have to ask

Dumb Scandinavians, you know.

WHAT IS SNO CONE SYRUP??

My curiosity is killing me :-)

A snow cone is a frozen dessert made of shaved ice and placed in a paper
cone holder.
After the scoop of ice is put in the cone, it is covered with flavored
syrup- sno cone syrup.

Thanks.

Sounds quite chemical to me - like aritificial flavour, sugar, artificial
colour and nothing else?

Tine, Denmark

yikes, I'm exploding Andrea Breastfeeding 7 January 24th 04 11:32 AM
Yikes Poppy Breastfeeding 2 January 18th 04 10:45 PM
Yikes! Major biting attacks! Laurie Breastfeeding 7 October 25th 03 06:46 AM