Bit of a scare

Old October 13th 03, 05:14 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Bit of a scare

While camping for a few days I suddenly had a big brown spot
in my underwear. I freaked out. After telling so many women
on this ng that brown spotting is usually nothing to worry
about, I forgot what it felt like to actually experience it.
I was also having some undetermined crampiness in my lower
abdomen, so for a day I was totally unbearable for DH.

Thank goodness the spotting ceased after a day, it never was
more than dark brownish stuff, and the pains indeed turned
out to be the ligaments and some constipation. Pfew! I have
my next midwife visit next monday. If the spotting doesn't
return I will ask her then if an u/s might be necessary. I
hope she will be able to hear a heartbeat by Doppler, but
at 10w that may just be a bit early...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)

Old October 13th 03, 07:14 PM
SMK

Ilse Witch wrote:

While camping for a few days I suddenly had a big brown spot
in my underwear. I freaked out. After telling so many women
on this ng that brown spotting is usually nothing to worry
about, I forgot what it felt like to actually experience it.
I was also having some undetermined crampiness in my lower
abdomen, so for a day I was totally unbearable for DH.

Thank goodness the spotting ceased after a day, it never was
more than dark brownish stuff, and the pains indeed turned
out to be the ligaments and some constipation. Pfew! I have
my next midwife visit next monday. If the spotting doesn't
return I will ask her then if an u/s might be necessary. I
hope she will be able to hear a heartbeat by Doppler, but
at 10w that may just be a bit early...

I am sorry you had a scare, especially in the middle of nowhere(camping
I mean)! I had a kinda busy weekend(on my feet a lot) and a sleepless
night last night and I am totally out of it today. My abd(or uterus?)
seems to be tightening and my episiotomy scar throbs(which is what
happens when I am extremely exhausted). Even my back hurts. So did you
have a tiring day that day? Did you exhaust yourself physically, like
trek? That could be the reason for the spotting.
I hope it goes away totally and you feel yourself again.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old October 13th 03, 09:29 PM
Em

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message

While camping for a few days I suddenly had a big brown spot
in my underwear. I freaked out. After telling so many women
on this ng that brown spotting is usually nothing to worry
about, I forgot what it felt like to actually experience it.
I was also having some undetermined crampiness in my lower
abdomen, so for a day I was totally unbearable for DH.

Thank goodness the spotting ceased after a day, it never was
more than dark brownish stuff, and the pains indeed turned
out to be the ligaments and some constipation. Pfew! I have
my next midwife visit next monday. If the spotting doesn't
return I will ask her then if an u/s might be necessary. I
hope she will be able to hear a heartbeat by Doppler, but
at 10w that may just be a bit early...

That is scary! I can identify with what you said about telling people not to
worry and then it happens to you. When I had spotting, I read *so* many
things about spotting and sp many said that brown spotting was nothing to
worry about, but when it was happening to me it seemed like it was spelling
doom, doom, DOOM! Of course, everything was fine and I now use myself as an
example to share with other people as to why spotting doesn't mean doom (but
I'm sure they keep worrying just the same).

Anyway, I'm glad things are okay now and I hope you do get to hear the
heartbeat. It is early, but it would feel pretty reassuring I'm sure!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old October 14th 03, 12:10 AM
Honey38ch

If the spotting doesn't
return I will ask her then if an u/s might be necessary. I
hope she will be able to hear a heartbeat by Doppler, but
at 10w that may just be a bit early...

Good luck, Ilse. I hope you get whatever reassurance you need.
Honey
Old October 14th 03, 04:20 AM
Carol Ann

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message

:: While camping for a few days I suddenly had a big brown spot
:: in my underwear. I freaked out. After telling so many women
:: on this ng that brown spotting is usually nothing to worry
:: about, I forgot what it felt like to actually experience it.
:: I was also having some undetermined crampiness in my lower
:: abdomen, so for a day I was totally unbearable for DH.
::
:: Thank goodness the spotting ceased after a day, it never was
:: more than dark brownish stuff, and the pains indeed turned
:: out to be the ligaments and some constipation. Pfew! I have
:: my next midwife visit next monday. If the spotting doesn't
:: return I will ask her then if an u/s might be necessary. I
:: hope she will be able to hear a heartbeat by Doppler, but
:: at 10w that may just be a bit early...

Glad to hear that it was nothing serious. Whew! Had ME scared for a sec!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old October 14th 03, 02:59 PM
Ilse Witch

SMK wrote:
snippetysnip
So did you
have a tiring day that day? Did you exhaust yourself physically, like
trek? That could be the reason for the spotting.

Actually, it was the first time in months that I didn't do a thing.
We just put up the tent and read books, while DS was discovering
nature (which is worth a story in itself). The spotting is still
there on and off, but it is definitely less and the other pregnancy
symptoms are also still here. Somehow I now feel relieved to have
morningsicknesss all day

Old October 14th 03, 03:01 PM
Ilse Witch

Em wrote:
snip
Anyway, I'm glad things are okay now and I hope you do get to hear the
heartbeat. It is early, but it would feel pretty reassuring I'm sure!

It's better, but not quite gone. A part of me hopes this is
a reason to have an u/s, which we otherwise might have missed.
I just LOVE seeing that little creature on a screen, but I
also feel that the low-impact approach is best... But I'll
settle for the heartbeat, if she can find it.

Old October 14th 03, 03:02 PM
Ilse Witch

Honey38ch wrote:

Good luck, Ilse. I hope you get whatever reassurance you need.
Honey

Thanks Honey. So far I still have morningsickness, so I feel
reassured. It's a weird combination: being glad to feel sick...

Old October 14th 03, 03:03 PM
Ilse Witch

Carol Ann wrote:

Glad to hear that it was nothing serious. Whew! Had ME scared for a sec!

Oh I'm sorry! Things are improving, but not quite back to normal.
However, I still feel pretty sick each morning and sometimes
throughout the day, and I can only think of one reason why that
should be...