MORNING SICKNESS

Old January 13th 04, 02:38 PM
Catherine

Default MORNING SICKNESS

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone experienced returning morning sickness in
the third trimester? I am currently 25 4/7 days pg wth b/g twins. I
never really had horrible morning sickness the first trimester,
thankfully. But lately in the morning's i have had an increased
feeling of nausea. I can't even eat or take my vitamins until abt 10
am. just wonmdering if this was common or not. Next ob visit is not
unitl 1/22.

Thanks in advance,

Catherine
Old January 13th 04, 05:02 PM
Megan

I had it on and off for the whole pregnancy. Especially after taking a
shower. I would get so hot and nauseous, I would just have to lay
somewhere with a fan on me!! I was even late for a few OB appts. b/c of
this. I never got physically sick, though. Everyone's pregnancy is so
different, but I am sure it is just the normal "joys" of pregnancy!!

~Megan~
Aidan Matthew & Alexis Valerie
Born September 28, 2002

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old January 14th 04, 04:49 AM
Andrea

I was wondering if anyone experienced returning morning sickness in
the third trimester?

Yes! I had MS for the first 14 weeks of my pg. and then I was shocked when it
returned about a month before my babies were born. I told my OB that I felt
like I had MS, but that it must be a stomach bug. He told me it's normal to
get MS again during the 3rd trimester, although not common.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Old January 14th 04, 04:05 PM
Ducky Lawyer

Andrea wrote:

I was wondering if anyone experienced returning morning sickness in
the third trimester?

Yes! I had MS for the first 14 weeks of my pg. and then I was shocked when it
returned about a month before my babies were born. I told my OB that I felt
like I had MS, but that it must be a stomach bug. He told me it's normal to
get MS again during the 3rd trimester, although not common.

That sounds familiar -- it does often return in the latter stages,
probably due to the stomach and digestive system being 'squished' by two
growing babies.

I had M/S throughout by pregnancy (really honestly all day sickness
with vomitting at night - 2, 3, 5 am, etc). Luckily, I was able to take
a great drug for this - something I've forgotten the name for, but
which is available in Canada but not in the States or UK right now.
Anyway, it kept things fairly under control, although I did get sick if
I forgot to take it.
I also found small meals and small sips of water, reguarly, along with
lots of protein, to help.

Hope you're feeling better soon,and are able to find some strategies
which work for you!

Cheers,

Old January 14th 04, 04:18 PM
sasha

Fortunately, I didn't really get nauseous in my pregnancy. It wasn't all
that great though, I had heartburn from hell. But anyhow, I do remember
reading about it and it is normal.

Have you tried subscribing to one of those pregnancy newsletters? My OB's
site has an *excellent* one and no advertisements!
http://www.beaconobgyn.com/newsletterSignup I also recommend the book, "What
to Expect When You're Expecting". You can probably find it cheap on
www.half.com . Every little symptom I had, I was running to that site and
all my books to consult if it was 'normal'.

Good Luck!
sash
-Mom to Naomi and Charlotte (ID born 10.27.2003)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/harkins/

om...

Old January 14th 04, 05:56 PM
Catherine

Thanks for the replies. I feel better knowing I am not just
"imagining" feeling sick. it kinda comes and goes, but I guess it
comes with the territory

Catherine