Ectopic pregnancy??

Old May 27th 07, 02:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

Default Ectopic pregnancy??

It's a holiday weekend here, so my only choice is to go to an emergency
room--I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning for a scheduled
ultrasound. I am trying to decide if I should call in tonight or tomorrow if
this keeps up? Certainly by tomorrow if this keeps up I will and I can at
least call the on call dr.

I have started an odd feeling pain on my right side, as high up as my belly
button and to the right. It is like my stomach is hurting right in line with
my belly button just on the right side and it is a pulsing - not really
cramping, but maybe slightly sharp. Not ice-pick sharp. But just more like
maybe a sharp twinge that pulses if this makes sense. While this is going on
my right shoulder hurts, in my back, the back shoulder blade. It will do it
for a few minutes then stop then it will come back. My question, an ectopic
pregnanct wouldn't hurt this high up would it? Also, this type of pain has
just started about 2 hours ago. It's not very severe or sharp. It is
definitely not severe enough to even take a Tylenol for. But it's noticable?
It doesn't throb as much as a pulse would, it's not hurting with each heart
beat of mine, but it's also not a steady constant pain or a cramp, it's like
"ding ding...ding...ding...ding.......ding..." if that makes sense.

I just want to know from experiece what an ectopic pregnancy would feel like
and WHEN you usually start feeling it- I am almost at 9 weeks and have been
to the 8 week appointment and am scheduled this week for an u/s on Tuesday-
is it ok to wait until then to have it checked if it doesn't get worse or
more frequent? WHat's worrying me is the shoulder pain. If this is not a
sign of something wrong. then I am ok, ie, I am not really in any pain that
I would need to have checked. I have never had one but always understood
that ectopic pregnancies would be worsening, severe or sharp? I have heard
of shoulder pain in ectopic but also, it would be sort of severe too, right?
It's hurting right under my ribs. I went swimming today and was more active
with the kids because I felt better. Now am wondering if I did something
else! I feel like if I had an ectopic, I'm almost 9 weeks and surely it
would have shown a sign by now. ??

Old May 27th 07, 05:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

an ectopic pregnancy can present with pain very high up, including pain
referred into the shoulder, however, pain not even bad enough to take a
Tylenol is incredibly unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy. You're right it's
on the late side for one, presuming your dates are correct, a few days out
could make a difference. Ultimately the body twinges over all sort of
things, and only time will tell if it actually is something.

Cheers
Anne

Old May 27th 07, 05:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
an ectopic pregnancy can present with pain very high up, including pain
referred into the shoulder, however, pain not even bad enough to take a
Tylenol is incredibly unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy. You're right
it's on the late side for one, presuming your dates are correct, a few
days out could make a difference. Ultimately the body twinges over all
sort of things, and only time will tell if it actually is something.

Cheers
Anne

I am pretty much thinking it's nothing, because it went away and I have no
pain anywhere at all today. For about an hour there it seemed to be getting
worse. I guess it was just one of those weird things.

Old May 27th 07, 05:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"beyond the pale" wrote in message

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
an ectopic pregnancy can present with pain very high up, including pain
referred into the shoulder, however, pain not even bad enough to take a
Tylenol is incredibly unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy. You're right
it's on the late side for one, presuming your dates are correct, a few
days out could make a difference. Ultimately the body twinges over all
sort of things, and only time will tell if it actually is something.

Cheers
Anne

I am pretty much thinking it's nothing, because it went away and I have no
pain anywhere at all today. For about an hour there it seemed to be
getting worse. I guess it was just one of those weird things.

It was probably the all inclusive "ligament stretching." I'm glad it was
nothing!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old May 27th 07, 11:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

Default Ectopic pregnancy?? etc

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Must have been ligaments. (BTW sorry I copied the entire 2 posts but I am
having trouble with my newsreader, it won't let me highlight and delete for
some odd reason, grrr.). The pain going to my shoulder was the part that
really made me think about worrying.

I am actually now feeling pretty good. I was starting to be nervous because
I seemed to be having a lot of feelings like I can't breathe, trouble
sleeping, and lots of weird hyper-ailments, everything seemed so magnified.
I thought I was having a long anxiety attack or becoming a hypochondriac,
LOL! I swear I did. When I went on my doctor's appointment, I was already
feeling some better but I did tell them I am showing (obviously) more this
time and seem to be feeling worse, and they thought it should probably get
better by 9-12 weeks, thankfully it has. Whew! I did inquire about breathing
issues and they said it's fine to continue with the Sudafed and Zyrtec. I
started a humidifier with a drop of Vaporub in it and that helped me a lot.
I mentioned to them about my panic attack feeling and they actually told me
they have had no problems in letting their patients go ahead and take a dose
of an anti-anxiety medication (Xanax, or really any of them). It was very
interesting to me because my last OB absolutely would not. The last OB
pushed anti-dpressants. This OB says he would rather someone who has their
symptos go away from a sedative take that than the antidpressants which
probably don't stop panic attacks anyway, because some of them have been
linked to some birth defects. He specifically mentioned Paxil and heart
problems. His view is that after the first trimester especially but
especially after the first 8 weeks, an occasional dose is safe, he did tell
me to be sure not to take them often. He said if I have a panic attack to go
ahead and feel ok about using a dose though. I told him I'd half the dose
anyway. That was a huge weight off my shoulders, and I have NOT had anymore
panic. I honestly think the almost-panic feeling was due to the strain of
feeling so bad for the first few weeks, evidently.

That was truly really weird, how bad I felt for the first 8 weeks. Week 8 to
9 has been pretty much okay. I'm nauseous but if I can rest and avoid
smells, I'm keeping everything down. I won't say I am very comfortable but I
would say I am very tolerable, and not having any major problems or wild,
wacky feelings. Whew again! Now I can get back to taking care of my daughter
and not feeling so.......weird!

One thing I have noticed is that my nausea is still pretty strong, and the
Zofran they gave me doesn't seem to be helping it much. I have heard Zofran
is a wonder nausea drug, so maybe it's because I am using the generic. The
brand name costs me $400!!! But the generic gets me a month supply for $5
(although my insurance company still pays several hundred) Wow. Needless to
say if the generic is not working as well as the brand name would, I will
never know! Nausea stinks. OTOH, I am having food cravings and aversions
like crazy. I want nachos, piled with lettuce and cheese and olives and
tomatoes and sour cream. I can't even stand the thought of drinking a
carbonated drink, not even coke or sprite so I am drinking juice. I haven't
had lemonade in years but have been drinking that daily now. I am starting
to crave homemade lemonade, fresh squeezed. LOL!

Old May 28th 07, 01:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

beyond the pale wrote:
snip
That was truly really weird, how bad I felt for the first 8 weeks. Week 8 to
9 has been pretty much okay. I'm nauseous but if I can rest and avoid
smells, I'm keeping everything down. I won't say I am very comfortable but I
would say I am very tolerable, and not having any major problems or wild,
wacky feelings. Whew again! Now I can get back to taking care of my daughter
and not feeling so.......weird!

YAY! I'm glad you're doing better.

snip

Nausea stinks. OTOH, I am having food cravings and aversions
like crazy. I want nachos, piled with lettuce and cheese and olives and
tomatoes and sour cream. I can't even stand the thought of drinking a
carbonated drink, not even coke or sprite so I am drinking juice. I haven't
had lemonade in years but have been drinking that daily now. I am starting
to crave homemade lemonade, fresh squeezed. LOL!

Do you need recipes? I found a really great recipe for lemon sorbet and
apparently you can use that to make lemonade by just dropping however
many scoops you want into a glass of chilled water.

http://www.elise.com/recipes/
Check out the desserts, She has a lot of ice cream and sorbet recipes.
And I'll just not mention the Mint Chocolate Pudding Cakes.... ;-)
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archive...mon_sorbet.php

For me it's cold things right now. Ice in all my drinks, Icecream
whenever I get a chance. And Sandwiches with ham (if only turkey wasn't
so hard to find here), lots of mustard, letuce, tomato and a bit of
ketchup, and now that I have microwave (neighbours moving back to the
states, you wouldn't believe how full my freezer is, I think I got
pretty much all their frozen food they still had) some cheese melted on
top of that sandwich. Ohhhhhhhh, I'm drooling again already.

cu
nicole

ectopic pregnancy and PT NicoFreePrincess Pregnancy 10 May 11th 07 10:37 PM
The most important diagnostic criterion of cervical ectopic pregnancy using ultrasound? PanoramaScan.com Pregnancy 0 April 18th 07 03:17 AM
ectopic pregnancy question Yiddishkeit Pregnancy 2 February 9th 07 02:12 PM
Ectopic pregnancy Claudia Pregnancy 17 June 3rd 04 03:04 PM
Ectopic Pregnancy RubyJayce07 Pregnancy 7 October 30th 03 01:29 AM