Fight with a friend

Old December 2nd 03, 07:20 PM
Lucy

Default Chicagoland mkb'ers

"badgirl" wrote in message
news:ah4zb.280843$9E1.1466047@attbi_s52...
Woodridge here...SAHM, no schedule, no life LOL
Nicolas is 18 months.
Anyone wanna have a coffe/playdate kinda thing?

I live in Aurora and work in Lisle, so we're pretty close. My DD is just
over a year old.

Actually, it would be kind of fun to get together. However, I work full
time, so it would have to be on a weekend.

I'm gonna tell you first though that I smoke, so if that bugs you then it
might not be a good idea to meet. (and no I don't wanna hear it LOL)

As an ex-smoker myself, I can't really complain. I quit when I got pregnant
and thankfully have managed not to go back! As long as you're not going to
be blowing it in my daughter's face or anything! LOL.

Lucy

Old December 2nd 03, 08:03 PM
badgirl

Default Fight with a friend

"New York Jen" wrote in message
Just a thought...if you end up having it out with her...take our your boob
and give her a good squirt!

Ok, feeling aggravated, getting out some venom here...

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

- Jen
who just had an AWFUL hour in BJ's Wholesale with Laszlo who is a master

at
the Terrible Two Dance...

*snickers*
ok, so that IS something I would do....is that wrong? *giggle*

Jen

Old December 2nd 03, 08:04 PM
badgirl

"Lucy" wrote in message

"badgirl" wrote in message
Woodridge here...SAHM, no schedule, no life LOL
Nicolas is 18 months.
Anyone wanna have a coffe/playdate kinda thing?

I live in Aurora and work in Lisle, so we're pretty close. My DD is just
over a year old.

Actually, it would be kind of fun to get together. However, I work full
time, so it would have to be on a weekend.

I'm gonna tell you first though that I smoke, so if that bugs you then

it
might not be a good idea to meet. (and no I don't wanna hear it LOL)

As an ex-smoker myself, I can't really complain. I quit when I got

pregnant
and thankfully have managed not to go back! As long as you're not going to
be blowing it in my daughter's face or anything! LOL.

Lucy

Naah, we could plan on something where it's more airy around than usual. Or
if we go out somewhere we can sit in nonsmoking and I can just wait.

Bub's up from his nap so I'm gonna make it short. But email me offlist if
you like, maybe we can plan something

Jen

Old December 2nd 03, 08:41 PM
Marnie

"Lucy" wrote in message
I'm in Chicagoland, too, and am also boring.

Manda

Me too. Where are you all? I'm in the west suburbs.

Me three, temporarily.
--
Marnie in Wayne, which no one has heard of, but it's near St. Charles

Old December 2nd 03, 08:53 PM
Marnie

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
She told me to my face that she'll never nurse
because she was formula fed and she's just fine

Yay! Another bunch of future children for our kids to be superior to in
general health, incidence of allergies, IQ, cancer risk, weight control,
smelly diapers, etc etc etc.

If you feel you need to patch things up for the sake of the bride, that's
lovely. Friend2 (sheesh! talk about issues) needs a slap upside the head,
but as BF has so little to do with the wedding, you can offer to agree to
disagree. I hope, for the nice bride's sake, she can get past it.
--
Marnie

Old December 2nd 03, 09:45 PM
H Schinske

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
She told me to my face that she'll never nurse
because she was formula fed and she's just fine

Gad. I would have said "Good thing, because you'll probably produce battery
acid."

--Helen, who wouldn't really have said that at all IRL
Old December 2nd 03, 10:22 PM
teapot

"AlenasMom" wrote in message e.rogers.com...
Yesterday I was at the dress fitting for my friend's wedding. One of her
bride's maids is really uptight and "socially correct" about everything.
All the dresses are being custom made, and when we were talking about how
my bodice will lace up the front, she asked why. I told her it was because
I'll have to have access to nurse Alena.

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in a
voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change the
subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't you think
that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

snip

Oh pass me a ladder for my high horse, the womans an idiot! You did
so well not to deck her one!

I'm extremely annoyed on your behalf!

teapot
Old December 2nd 03, 10:38 PM

Lucy wrote:

"badgirl" wrote in message
Woodridge here...SAHM, no schedule, no life LOL
Nicolas is 18 months.
Anyone wanna have a coffe/playdate kinda thing?

I live in Aurora and work in Lisle, so we're pretty close. My DD is just
over a year old.

I'm in Aurora, too! I work in Chicago though so I've got a bit more of a commute!

Manda

Old December 2nd 03, 11:00 PM
Chotii

"Herself" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:

She turned really pale and asked if I was serious. I told her yes (in a
voice that meant no nonsense to everyone else) and tried to change the
subject. She must have done the math in her head and said: "Don't you

think
that nursing at 10 months is a little excessive?"

Come on...tell her about the mom on here who nursed til her daughter was
6. I can't remember who, but I DARE you!!! heheheh

I said no and told her that I plan to nurse until Alena's ready to wean
herself. She looked ill. She got up, excused herself and went into

another
room. The bride went and asked her what was wrong. They were still in
hearing distance, but not sight. She said that she wasn't going to be in
the wedding party if I was seriously going to be nursing my toddler

(since
when is a ten month old a toddler????) during the wedding!

This doesn't sound like a matter of 'always being a perfectionist about
manners'. This sounds like this lady has Issues with a capital Ish. I mean,
*who* turns *pale* at the very thought of breastfeeding a child at a wedding
(or anywhere else, for that matter)? That's a woman with a body-image
problem, who cannot imagine someone else having a different body image.

The other thing that springs to mind is, perhaps this woman was sexually
abused as a child? I've heard of situations where a woman was sexually
abused as a child, and *cannot* bring herself to suckle an infant as a
result, or even to think of it. I have a friend, in fact, who was sexually
abused as a child (by a woman) and cannot bring herself to be near my
children for more than a short while, and especially can't stand being
hugged and mauled by them, which of course the kids do to everybody they
like.

But I do have to agree: if the woman cannot allow the bride to have the
wedding as the bride sees fit, then the woman should not be in the wedding
party.

--angela