WINCHESTER, VIRGINIA: "Knowing who I'm helping every day."

Old January 26th 06, 12:37 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default WINCHESTER, VIRGINIA: "Knowing who I'm helping every day."

http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWin.../Area_mugs.asp

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back To Home Page

'Have You Seen These Parents?'
25 Residents' Photos Appear Due to Owed Child Support

By Stephanie M. Mangino
The Winchester Star

They haven't paid their child support.
They haven't shown up for court.

They are 25 Winchester-area men and women who owe children more than
$630,000 in back support payments.

And today, their photos are in the newspaper.

The Virginia Department of Social Services Division of Child Support
Enforcement took out the "Have You Seen These Parents?"
advertisement in hopes of finding the non-custodial parents, using a
method that worked in other parts of the state last year.
These mug shots are of some of the area residents who owe back child
support payments.
(Photo by Jeff Taylor)

Such ads featuring a total of 251 parents ran in the Virginia Beach,
Roanoke, and Richmond areas in late summer/fall 2005, said Carolyn W.
Davis, assistant director of the division of child support enforcement.

The state has since arrested 102 of those people, and received $65,000
in lump sum payments, Davis said. The child support enforcement agency
has also gotten 37 income withholding orders (wage garnishment) that
will bring in $135,000 a year for children, Davis added.

"We're hopeful that it will be just as successful in this area,"
she said.

The idea isn't to humiliate the non-custodial parents, but rather to
find them and get payments started, Davis said.

All the people in the ad "are folks who have an outstanding capias
[arrest warrant for missing a court date] for their arrest," she
said.

The list originally had 32 names on it, said Angie Tutwiler, one of the
supervisors at the agency's Winchester District Office at 24 Ricketts
Drive.

Since November 2005, she has checked cases regularly to see if the
non-custodial parents have started to pay support or have appeared. If
they did, they were taken off the list, she said.

The Winchester District Office handles cases in the city, as well as
Frederick, Clarke, Loudoun, and Warren counties. In the 2005 state
fiscal year, the local office collected $21.1 million in support for
12,410 children, according to a fact sheet provided by Davis. However,
$72 million is still due to those children, according to Davis.

Almost a quarter of Virginia's children - 484,000 - end up in the
Division of Child Support Enforcement case load, Davis said.

And while the department collected $561 million in the 2005 fiscal
year, the record number didn't put a dent in the $2.2 billion still
owed in past-due support, according to Davis' information.

While the work would seem dispiriting, especially when parents are hard
to find, "the ones that you do collect on make it worthwhile,"
Davis said.

For Tutwiler, who was a single parent (who did not have a case with the
agency), it's all about the kids, and "knowing who I'm helping
every day."

And the public has helped them. While ads ran in Roanoke months ago,
leads are still trickling in, Davis said.

People with information about people pictured in the advertisement may
contact the Division of Child Support Enforcement at 1-866-340-0857.

Old January 26th 06, 05:53 PM posted to alt.child-support

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWin.../Area_mugs.asp

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back To Home Page

------
They haven't paid their child support.
They haven't shown up for court.

They are 25 Winchester-area men and women who owe children more than
$630,000 in back support payments.

And today, their photos are in the newspaper.

The Virginia Department of Social Services Division of Child Support
Enforcement took out the "Have You Seen These Parents?"
advertisement in hopes of finding the non-custodial parents, using a
method that worked in other parts of the state last year.
These mug shots are of some of the area residents who owe back child
support payments.
(Photo by Jeff Taylor)

Such ads featuring a total of 251 parents ran in the Virginia Beach,
Roanoke, and Richmond areas in late summer/fall 2005, said Carolyn W.
Davis, assistant director of the division of child support enforcement.

Curious whether the newspaper was forced to run the ad or if it is just
another rag publication.

[...]

Caught the missing slave and now he is no longer at large. I thought
involuntary servitude was outlawed.

The Winchester District Office handles cases in the city, as well as
Frederick, Clarke, Loudoun, and Warren counties. In the 2005 state
fiscal year, the local office collected $21.1 million in support for
12,410 children,

..... and the fat bureaucrats.

according to a fact sheet provided by Davis. However,
$72 million is still due to those children, according to Davis.

Almost a quarter of Virginia's children - 484,000 - end up in the
Division of Child Support Enforcement case load, Davis said.

That's great!! They've already accomplished 25% of their goal.

And while the department collected $561 million in the 2005 fiscal
year, the record number didn't put a dent in the $2.2 billion still
owed in past-due support, according to Davis' information.

While the work would seem dispiriting, especially when parents are hard
to find, "the ones that you do collect on make it worthwhile,"
Davis said.

For Tutwiler, who was a single parent (who did not have a case with the
agency), it's all about the kids,

Uhuh, I bet it is. Argumentum ad misericordiam.

and "knowing who I'm helping
every day."

The corrupt "child support" industry.

And the public has helped them. While ads ran in Roanoke months ago,
leads are still trickling in, Davis said.

People with information about people pictured in the advertisement may
contact the Division of Child Support Enforcement at 1-866-340-0857.

Makes you wonder how many folks call in with wild goose leads. At least the
investigators would only be hurting tax payers as opposed to both tax payers
AND the preyed upon parents.

Old January 26th 06, 07:17 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Chris" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWin.../Area_mugs.asp

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back To Home Page

[...]

Oh, most likely not, since it's going to bump up their circulation rates,
they'll jump on that band wagon and tow the party line for them.

[...]

According to the Constitution it is, but since the judges at "family" kourt
will call it something else (contempt of court has been my favorite for some
time), it's still alive and well and doing quite nicely living in "family"
kourt.

The Winchester District Office handles cases in the city, as well as
Frederick, Clarke, Loudoun, and Warren counties. In the 2005 state
fiscal year, the local office collected $21.1 million in support for
12,410 children,

.... and the fat bureaucrats.

I love how these fools start tossing any ol number about, hoping that no one
will notice that it's all based on imputed income, tax fraud, interest that
they charge, any fees they can think of to toss into the mix, and (another
of my personal favs...) of course there's always "penalties". Yup, just
invent a number, tell it to the Feds and you'll have the media eating out of
your hands for years.. just don't ever let anyone look at how you cooked the
books and your all set.

according to a fact sheet provided by Davis. However,
$72 million is still due to those children, according to Davis.

Almost a quarter of Virginia's children - 484,000 - end up in the
Division of Child Support Enforcement case load, Davis said.

That's great!! They've already accomplished 25% of their goal.

It only took'em 40 years to get to where they are now. Should be fun to see
how they complete the task.. soon they'll have to start arresting people
for dating, or having an enjoyable afternoon at the park...

And while the department collected $561 million in the 2005 fiscal
year, the record number didn't put a dent in the $2.2 billion still
owed in past-due support, according to Davis' information.

While the work would seem dispiriting, especially when parents are hard
to find, "the ones that you do collect on make it worthwhile,"
Davis said.

I wonder how these people sleep at night? Or is their conscience
lobotomized upon taking the job?

For Tutwiler, who was a single parent (who did not have a case with the
agency), it's all about the kids, and "knowing who I'm helping
every day."

Ah, I knew that that was gonna raise it's ugly little head, "it's for the
children". What a crock of ****! It has not a blessed thing to do with
kids (much less anything to do with taking care of them) and those
[bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!!] know full well it's to line their own
pockets. The fact that they get to destroy several lives in the process is
either a sick, sadistic bonus, or that they're all heartless *******s that
should be shot. Either way, anyone that works at CSE should die a horrible,
slow, agonizing death - just for being stupid enough to work there. The
Gene Pool will thank them for it later.

And the public has helped them. While ads ran in Roanoke months ago,
leads are still trickling in, Davis said.

People with information about people pictured in the advertisement may
contact the Division of Child Support Enforcement at 1-866-340-0857.

Makes you wonder how many folks call in with wild goose leads. At least
the
investigators would only be hurting tax payers as opposed to both tax
payers
AND the preyed upon parents.

Here, here. I say give'em a ring and tell them that you saw so-and-so in
Antarctica on vacation. Or some other far away place. I'd never turn in a
single one of them - even if there was a million dollar bounty on each of
their heads! The price one would pay for doing that is just too steep to
even consider.

Old January 26th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Dusty" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in message
> [...]

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWin.../Area_mugs.asp

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Back To Home Page

-
------
[...]

What I like best about this is they force the poor boy into such precarious
position by deeming him a criminal. He gets treated differently than the guy
who is married to the mother; yet he has broken NO law! And it is such
differential treatment that is responsible for placing him into the criminal
category. But let's not forget gender as well. Isn't there a law somewhere
that says something about equal justice under the law, or is that merely a
figment of my imagination?

[...]

They sleep well because they are in bondage to their own wickedness. In
other words, they know no different. They truly believe that what they are
doing is moral. That's what makes them fools.

For Tutwiler, who was a single parent (who did not have a case with the
agency), it's all about the kids, and "knowing who I'm helping
every day."

Ah, I knew that that was gonna raise it's ugly little head, "it's for the
children". What a crock of ****! It has not a blessed thing to do with
kids (much less anything to do with taking care of them) and those
[bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!!] know full well it's to line their

own
pockets.

Exactly my response. [for some reason, it accidentally got deleted from your
post]

[...]

Not to mention that morality trumps $$$. Too bad the "child support" folks
haven't grasped the concept.

Old January 28th 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.child-support

I saw this ad. To me, the most notable feature is that the number of
women who are supposed to owe "child support" is so small. Virtually all
the "parents" who are targeted are men. It would be interesting to know how
many of the three of four women targeted owe money to the fathers of their
children. I would guess very few. In all probability, the women owe the
money to other adults, or organizations, that have custody of the children.

This list of the most wanted "parents" only serves to illustrate the
grotesque anti-male bias in the CS system. It's too bad the Virginia DCSE
doesn't also publish the information about the occupations of their targets.
In the past, they did so. But then seeing the jobs of their targets served
to illustrate how they were themselves impoverished, and could not pay these
or any other debts. "The idea isn't to humiliate the non-custodial parents"
.. . . what a crock!

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWin.../Area_mugs.asp

Old January 28th 06, 03:33 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Kenneth S." wrote in

or any other debts. "The idea isn't to humiliate the non-custodial
parents" . . . what a crock!

LOL, Why don't they just haul out the stocks to the middle of the village?
LOL

Look how far society has regressed! :-(