Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

Old February 11th 06, 12:39 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[snip]

That it was my kids' teeth that were "that bad"

Dental insurance doesn't provide endless coverage - there are limits, per

year, and per procedure.

Sorry Moonie, but you never did answer the question.. How did you manage to
get your kids teeth so messed up in the first place??

So sorry that you couldn't understand the first time. It wasn't my kids's teeth that were "that bad"

Get it that time?

Old February 11th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message news:PVlHf.979$Lr.754@trnddc01...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Gini" wrote

===
Well, that's a pretty convoluted attempt at an explanation but, I'm guessing you gave it your best shot.

Which part didn't you understand?

It wasn't my kids' teeth that got that bad.

It was mine.

Dental insurance only covers a portion of the costs.

There are co-pays.
There are deductibles.
There is a maximum benefit per year.

When there isn't enough money, as when a non-custodial parent does't or won't contribute to the support of the
children, sometimes expenses have to be put off, or eliminated entirely. Many times, it's the custodial parent's
health care, which is precisely what I posted back on 2/5.

Get it that time?

===
It's not a matter of getting it--It's a matter of believing it. And no, I still don't believe it. I don't believe you
(or your kids)
had that much dental work done. I don't believe you were originally implicating yourself as having needed that amount
of dental
work done when I asked how your childrens' teeth got so bad, and I don't believe your dance about the insurance when I
cornered you on the original post. Get it now?

It doesn't matter what you do or don't believe - that doesn't change reality.

My daughter has never had a cavity - and the only major dental work she's had to undergo was to repair the damage done
to her permanent teeth when she was punched in the face.

And even though money doesn't make it all better, as Teach insists, we are absolutely requesting restitution in the case
the DA has against the kid who punched my daughter.

===

Old February 11th 06, 04:39 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Gini" wrote in message news:L4eHf.453$qI.326@trndny03...

"Dusty" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[snip]

That it was my kids' teeth that were "that bad"

Dental insurance doesn't provide endless coverage - there are limits,
per

year, and per procedure.

Sorry Moonie, but you never did answer the question.. How did you manage
get your kids teeth so messed up in the first place??

===
She said it was her teeth that were so messed up because she didn't take
care of them and
went without treatment so she could have her kids teeth fixed and even
though she has insurance,
the teeth were so bad that she had to spread treatment out over different
years because she couldn't afford all the copays
and limitations on her policy because there are limits on the policy and
procedures and she went to
dentists who charged more than her policy would cover so the kids' teeth
are OK. You missed that? It was quite disjointed,
but overall, artful. Still, I only gave it a D+ due to the lack of
coherency and effort, and her incomprehensible distain for Mr.
Souter.
===

In oither words, she is whining about something that is entirely her own
fault.......why am I not surprised?

===

Old February 11th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

k.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
news
"Dusty" wrote in message
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[Moon's b.s. about alcoholism snipped]

Let's get back on topic, shall we? And while we're at it, here

are
the
facts as they've been presented to us..

1. A guy gets busted for a crime he did NOT commit.
2. The state arrests him on the false charge of murder.
3. The state tries and convicts him of the false crime of

murder.
4. Because of the states action against him (false arrest and
imprisonment
for 13 years), his C$ arrears mounts to astronomical levels
($38,000).
5. He attempts to have his C$ lowered, or stopped after he

learns
of
it.
The state refuses to allow him to do so.
6. After 13 years of imprisonment, the guy is found innocent
(witness
came
forward) and is released.
7. The state hands him a bill for $38,000 in C$ for the time

they
kept
him
in prison and could make payments (remember, the state also

said
that
they
wouldn't allow him to have his C$ lowered while they kept an

innocent
man
locked up, too).

So Moon, please explain to us how being arrested for a crime he
didn't
commit, spending 13 years in jail (unable to pay $100 a week in

C$,
plus
interest, fees and penalties), being cut-off from his children,

lose
of
his
job, lose of his home, lose of his belongings and car, is all

the
guys
fault?

I didn't say it was all the guy's fault.

Moon, since about day one of this thread you've done nothing but

infer
over
and over and over again that Souter is to blame for the trouble

that
the
state caused him.

He's in trouble for having not taken action about his child support.

That
much is fairly indisputable.

Moon, he DID take action to stop his C$. The state REFUSED to act on

his
motion.

And you come by this information where?

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...602040317/1001
/news

"In 1987, before his conviction, Souter was ordered to pay $100 a week

in
his divorce with Christine Souter. He stopped
paying when he went to prison in 1992 but didn't ask to have payments

suspended until 1995.

How many times do you need this explained to you? Your quoted

statements in
the article left out the information that he paid CS up until he went to
prison. At $100 per week he owed $5,200 per year. When he requested

his CS
be suspended he would have owed 3 years times $5,200 or $15,600. If his

CS
had been suspended at that point no further CS would have accrued and

only
interest would have been added.

Court documents show that in 1997, he owed $23,000 in back support.

He owed $23,000 in back support because his support was not suspended in
1995. There is no way $8,000 in interest could have accured over a two

year
period on a $15,600 obligation.

There's no way that only 8,000 would have been added over the couse of

another 2 years of non-payment when he was
paying more than 5,000 per year.

It's simple math - Take $23,000 in CS owed and divide it by the annual
amount due of $5,200. The result is 4.4 years. That means this guy was not
in prison a full 5 years between whichever month he went to prison in 1992
and whichever month was used to quoted the $23,000 in 1997. If he went to
prison the latter part of 1992 and the CS owed was quoted in early 1997 the
4.4 years time span fits.

To make the numbers come out close you can assume the guy was in prison 4
years and 5 months at the time the $23,000 was quoted. That's 53 months at
$433.33 per month which multiples out to $22,966 which is close to $23,000.
There is no way he got a reduction in CS back in 1995. And there is no way
the interest charged would equal the CS order amount. The only explanation
is his request to have his CS obligation suspended was denied.

Old February 11th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message
> [...]

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote

===
[...]

You're going to have to explain this opne to me, Moon. Did I say that money
DOES make it all better? Or did I say that money DOESN'T make it all
better? I'm not quite sure where you are quoting me from. Is it the part
where I say that the ex of the guy was unjustly imprisoned for 13 years
should show some compassion because demanding the money the state says is
due to her for CS is not going to change her children's childhoods one bit.
It's not, you know.

As for your situation, I absolutely think you should go after restitution!
The young man who attacked her needs to face the consequences of his
actions. He DID something and needs to make restitution. The guy who was
unjustly imprisoned does not fall into that category.

How is your daughter doing, btw?

Old February 12th 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.child-support

"teachrmama" wrote in message ...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Gini" wrote in message news:PVlHf.979$Lr.754@trnddc01...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Gini" wrote
===
[...]

4 months, and we're still taking it one day at a time. He damaged 3 permanent teeth, he and his mother haven't so much
as looked me in the eye, much less apologized for the damage he's caused, and the next hearing is in a couple of weeks.
I keep hoping that she'll come back to some semblance of her old self, but I'm told it can take 9 months or longer.

Once he's got the conviction in his record, I'm contacting the school board to find out why this animal wasn't expelled.

Old February 12th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Gini" wrote in message news:PVlHf.979$Lr.754@trnddc01...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Gini" wrote
===
[...]

I can't fathom why he wasn't expelled!! Is he a special ed student of some sort?

Nope.

Sometimes an IEP can contain language about consequences for
behavior. So I take it that the case hasn't gone to court yet.

Nope - there have been 2 hearings so far - this next one is supposed to be a dispositional hearing - so it should be
over. He has a social worker and a public defender - we get the bills.

His social worker recommended 9 months supervision, random drug and alcohol checks, he has to get a job and he has to
work out a restitution plan (we're over the $5000 max for juvenile cases, after the insurance covered what it's going to
cover)

Do you have
any idea of the defense that they will be using?

He doesn't have any defense - about 75% of the whole incident was caught on security video. He was heard, before the
event, mouthing off in one of his classes about how he wanted to start a fight. He has been heard, after the event,
continuing to mouth off about how he's going to get off "so easy" - I've asked the student who heard all of this file a
report with the on-site police officer so that it's in the file that will go before the judge in a couple of weeks..

He continues to ignore the no contact order with regards to my daughter - she's filed reports with the aforementioned
police officer as well, on the recommendation of the DA's office, again so that it's all in the file.

Reality is, however, that an order for restitution is simply that - a piece of paper. Right now, it's costing me in the
area of $300 a month on all of the already incurred, as well as ongoing, medical bills, to not get further in debt.

Since I have no faith that this kid or his family will make good on the restitution, I've also filed a case with the
state crime victim compensation fund - on the theory that if they reimburse, then they can go after this kid and his
family.

All of which doesn't amount to a hill of beans - I just want my daughter back.

Old February 12th 06, 02:46 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[snip]

[...]

You know, he ain't nothin' that a healthy application of a good ol' C-4
enema wouldn't solve.. Of course, he'd have to get the mandatory butt
strokin' of his life prior to being re-educated in etiquette...

It may sound like I'm a blood thirsty *******, but I don't negotiate with
anyone that is stupid enough to attack my kids. If some twit is dumb enough
to ever try it, they can negotiate with my 12 gauge.

Old February 12th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[snip]

[...]

If I'm fortunate enough to prevail, he'll be reimbursing me the $5,000 maximum restitution allowed in juvenile court
proceedings, and he'll be going to a new school. I just want to have the conviction in hand to give a little more
weight to my demand for expulsion. The school has their policies published on their website, and this is a case that
screams out for expulsion.

Of course, if he goes to either of the other 2 high schools in our district, he may have a welcoming committee -
apparently there are a whole lot of kids at all 3 high schools who know and like my daughter, and wouldn't mind having a
little chat with this kid.

Old February 12th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote

.................................................. ...

If I'm fortunate enough to prevail, he'll be reimbursing me the $5,000
maximum restitution

===
The guy who attacked me hasn't paid a dime of the ordered restitution,
didn't even get the pennies
he earned while in prison. I went through the victim's compensation thing as
well. Nothing. He was ordered
to pay the 2k therapist bill I had from PTSD therapy. Not a dime. I will
never get anything. Our insurance company
(BC/BS) has already won a suit against him and will be first to get money
anyway. We didn't even get back the 40.00 we had to
pay to get our van back that was impounded for evidence. Yep--We had to pay
to get it back. And since he was 18 at the time
of the attack, we can't even sue his parents. Oh yeah, and he also got a
nice plea deal from the prosecutor--5 years in state
prison with credit for the year served in county, pre-trial
(plea/sentencing)--All for the 50 some slashings, accompanying
severe bite wounds and broken bones including my ankle that was detached
from my leg bone and is now held on with
plates and screws, and strangling me to unconsciousness and leaving me for
dead. We had even hired a defense atty. to keep tabs on the DA
to thwart a plea deal. Didn't hear about the secret deal until I sat in the
courtroom at sentencing--after the DA had assured me that there
would be no plea deal that reduced sentencing. The DA danced around that by
dropping the deadly weapons enhancement from
the aggravated assault charge--yep, that'll reduce sentencing. In sum, don't
expect a whole lot of effort from any of the relevent departments.
===
===