This just made me madder than...

Old August 25th 06, 03:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Leslie

Default This just made me madder than...

kcarmstrong wrote:

The guy has eight children! In a planet with diminishing resources having
that many children is a form of pollution.

Human beings are not pollution. Children are not trash. Children
contribute to society as well as consume. Perhaps his 8th child will
discover the cure for cancer or aids.

What educated person could
justify so many?

I know lots of educated people with big families. Perhaps they don't
feel the need to justify their reproductive choices.

Leslie

Old August 25th 06, 01:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Pfffffft! Now there is breakfast cereal on my chin! LOL

... can't say we've done it... but then, we've only had sex 3 times since
Will was born.

oh my, and I thought things were bad here, I've not been keeping count, but
it can't be many more than 10 times, but it's not breastfeeding that's got
in the way, it's the fact that with SPD and a hip recoving from injuries,
it's just too darn painful, I miss it though and it's a hard thing for us to
talk about

Anne

Old August 25th 06, 01:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

The guy has eight children! In a planet with diminishing resources having
that many children is a form of pollution.

Human beings are not pollution. Children are not trash. Children
contribute to society as well as consume. Perhaps his 8th child will
discover the cure for cancer or aids.

What educated person could
justify so many?

I know lots of educated people with big families. Perhaps they don't
feel the need to justify their reproductive choices.

it's also not justified to blame the population explosion on children being
born today, it's actually increased life expectancy that causes that.
Already many parts of the UK are said to have a defecit of children because
the birth rate is too low, though the population of the UK has increased
recently, if it were not for immigration the population would be decreasing.
Perhaps it would be better if there weren't so many people living in certain
parts of the world, but if we all suddenly only have one child we'll just
end up with a population that can't support itself. I often wonder what
things will be like in China in 20-30 years, once the parents who were only
allowed one child become pensioners and that one child has no children of
there own because of the huge imbalance of boys and girls.

I used to think that one shouldn't have more than 2 children, but that was
when I naively believed that the only problem of population was the size of
it, not it's distribution, education etc. I left the naive view behind
before I hit my teens!

Anne

Old August 25th 06, 05:38 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Jo wrote:
Okay I can't think of anything that can come close to how angry I am
about this.
I wrote TLC and hope a few other mums do the same.

I would love to see some of the dads here write as well.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/194/story_19451_2.html

Jo

(Ronnie is still nursing strong 13 months!)

Well ... the fact that the guy has managed to father 8 kids would
suggest that HE isn't too horribly turned off by his wife. (And if he's
not, what right does he have to suggest that other husbands/fathers
must be?)

Naomi

Old August 25th 06, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
lucy-lu

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

Pfffffft! Now there is breakfast cereal on my chin! LOL

... can't say we've done it... but then, we've only had sex 3 times

since
Will was born.

oh my, and I thought things were bad here, I've not been keeping count,

but
it can't be many more than 10 times, but it's not breastfeeding that's got
in the way, it's the fact that with SPD and a hip recoving from injuries,
it's just too darn painful, I miss it though and it's a hard thing for us

talk about

Anne

Oh, welll, that's a relief to know I am not alone! I know it's prolly still
classed as early
days for me at 9 wks PP, but my idea of a great night in bed is one where
the baby stays
asleep!! I'm not totally sure what DH thnks of my post-baby body, but he
still seems in
to it... whereas for me, I'm proud of my changed body, but for totally
different reasons
- I've managed to grow and sustain a baby, both on the inside and outside.
God knows
I don't feel sexy tho! I've a baby in the crib next to me, boobs that want
to feed anything
with a pulse and a head that is happiest when fast asleep on my comfy
pillow. My bed is
not really the place to put you in the mood as there's invariably baby
dribble or breastmilk
on the sheets.

So no, breastfeeding isn't the soul reason I'm not "up for it". I'm tired,
I'm stressed, and
until I have been for my check up and coil fitting, terrified of getting
pregnant again-
breastfeeding put me off sex? LOL, no, sex did that!

Lucy

Old August 26th 06, 11:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
oregonchick

"Jo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay I can't think of anything that can come close to how angry I am
about this.
I wrote TLC and hope a few other mums do the same.

I would love to see some of the dads here write as well.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/194/story_19451_2.html

Jo

(Ronnie is still nursing strong 13 months!)

It's just one man's opinion. I'm sure there are others who also feel that
way - I believe chinese culture has the man in a much more distant role,
but still there are far more who wouldn't agree with this at all. It's like
they say, everyone has an opinion...

Old August 28th 06, 02:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jo

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

I have heard the same of Italy having trouble with their population as
well.
Wonder if they will reinstate the fornicate under command of the king
law? LOL

Old August 29th 06, 02:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FazBeta

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:27:27 GMT, "kcarmstrong"
wrote:

It just goes to show that ignorance is an equal religous group employer.

The guy has eight children! In a planet with diminishing resources having
that many children is a form of pollution. What educated person could
justify so many? He preaches that a wife should place a romantic
relationship for her man above a caring relationship for her children
because her primary duty is to please him. How incredibly selfish!

Educated people have a higher probability to produce educated
children. It is therefore their duty to have as many children as they
can.
We need new ways to deal with overpopulation and to fight pollution.
It is probably not the non educated, who are known to breed more, who
will help to resolve these problems.
I think that the quality of the human species is decreasing because
educated people often think that one or two children are enough
whereas non-educated people don't stop before they can't have more
children. It is a real problem. I believe it will lead to the
extinction of our modern societies, like it certainly did for the
Mayas and other very advanced civilizations.

Anne
Old August 29th 06, 06:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

Jo wrote:
Okay I can't think of anything that can come close to how angry I am
about this.
I wrote TLC and hope a few other mums do the same.

I would love to see some of the dads here write as well.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/194/story_19451_2.html

Jo

(Ronnie is still nursing strong 13 months!)

Wow. Pardon my extremely late, and extremely blunt response, but, what
a misogynist *******!
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 6 months
Old August 29th 06, 08:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Linz

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:25:41 -0700, FazBeta wrote:

Educated people have a higher probability to produce educated

of producing
children. It is therefore their duty to have as many children as they
can.

You'll not be one of them, then.
--
Linz
YB: 2 years, 11.5kg, 83cm, still breastfed.