mad - or not

Old August 29th 06, 10:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Default mad - or not

I've mentioned in passing that my DS, 3 1/4 is very small, we've got to the
point where we are having further investigations.

My biggest concern is not his absolute size, but what if he gets ill and
then has problems because he has no resources to fall back on, it just
dawned on me that I have the perfect solution to that, breastmilk,
particularly as my nursling is 14 months, so doesn't that mean that the
breastmilk has as much antibodies as newborn milk?

The problem is he won't drink it neat, so I'm going to have to turn it into
chocolate milkshake, but I figure if I use fresh mummy milk that there is
going to be little or no impact on any of it's properties.

The other problem is, I haven't pumped for months! I'm going to give it a
try though, my initial aim is to give him 4oz, which is one drink (with a
lot of encouragement!) for him, do you think this is enough? maybe I should
aim for 8?

Cheers

Anne

Old August 29th 06, 01:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-08-29 17:36:43 +0800, "Anne Rogers" said:

[...]

Actually, toddler breastmilk has as MORE antibodies than newborn milk

You're not mad - it's worth a try!

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife

Old August 29th 06, 10:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

Actually, toddler breastmilk has as MORE antibodies than newborn milk

You're not mad - it's worth a try!

it's feeling mad right now, I've tried to express today and I got 1oz over 2
session, but there seems to be milk in my breasts! A couple of days I tried
in the bath to see what happened, and I was able to get a let down and could
squirt all over the place, but not when I saw a pump!

Tomorrow I will try again, I'm going to stick with the dual electric and I
guess I need to make the sessions longer and not give up, but hope that the
continual stimulation will give my body the message!

Anne