Jay, will you get rid of 'the Bradley Classic'?

Old December 28th 06, 03:51 PM posted to sci.med,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative
Todd Gastaldo

Default Jay, will you get rid of 'the Bradley Classic'?

JAY, WILL YOU GET RID OF "THE BRADLEY CLASSIC"?

"The Bradley Classic" is semisitting which closes the birth canal up to
30%.

According to the Bradley Method website (quoting the late Dr. Bradley):

"It is husband's job...to help her into a semi-sitting position."
http://www.bradleybirth.com/WIHCC.aspx

Bradley Method instructor Lisa Whitener (birth junkie) wrote:

Todd Gastaldo wrote:
For my answer to Bradley childbirth instructor Lisa Whitener...

See Birth child abuse: The Bradley Method's 'Classic' Trap
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...72b8bacce584a2

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

PS The Bradley Method has done the world a world of good by helping us
get away from pharmacologic ("knock-em-out-drag-em-out") births. This
does not however mean that it was/is OK for The Bradley Method to
promote MD-obstetricians closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30% -
not to mention promoting MD-obstetricians KEEPING birth canals closed
the "extra" up to 30% when babies need to be dragged out... The Bradley
Classic is a patent, birth-canal-closing fraud. Jay Hathaway has known
this for years. Time to get rid of it and actively stop
MD-obstetricians from KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30%
when babies get stuck.

Todd, do you read responses? I agree that it's time to get rid of the
"classic" position. I teach Bradley, but I don't promote semi-sitting
or supine positions for birth.

Lisa

Lisa,

It is good that you agree that it's time to get rid of the "classic"
position.

But you are just one Bradley Method instructor.

Keep in mind...

If one teaches Bradley Method, one MUST use the Bradley Method Student
Workbook, as in,

"If your teacher...does not include a Student Workbook...please contact
The Academy at
..."
http://www.bradleybirth.com/

A picture is worth a thousand words....

Without a word from Bradley Method instructors...

**Copies of the Workbook** are teaching parents - in effect - that the
Bradley Method thinks it's OK for MD-obstetricians to close birth
canals the "extra" up to 30%.

Copies of the Workbook are teaching parents in effect that the Bradley
Method thinks it's OK for MD-obstetricians to KEEP birth canals closed
the "extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck.

I'm assuming, of course (as you suggest) that the Workbook still
pictures the Bradley Classic so many years after Jay Hathaway promised
me he would get rid of it.

Assuming the Workbook still pictures the Bradley Classic, I'll cc Jay
via and see if he will get rid of the "classic" -
finally.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

PS As noted above, according to the Bradley Method website (quoting the
late Dr. Bradley):

"It is husband's job...to help her into a semi-sitting position."
http://www.bradleybirth.com/WIHCC.aspx

Closing the birth canal the "extra" up to 30% is no one's job.

Closing the birth canal the "extra" up to 30% is obvious
MD-obstetrician CRIME - complete with MD-obstetrician expert cover-up
lies.

For the Four OB Lies (they are whoppers)...

See Dents in babies' skulls"
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/08abfc7ff242150e

Alternate URL:

Worse crime: MD-obstetricians are KEEPING birth canals closed the
"extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck - as they pull with hands,
forceps and vacuums - sometimes pulling so hard that spinal nerves are
ripped out of tiny spinal cords and baby scalps are sometimes ripped
off of baby skulls.

Law enforcement is looking the other way - indeed one MD arrogantly
boasts about it.

See again: Birth child abuse: The Bradley Method's 'Classic' Trap
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...72b8bacce584a2

Jay Hathaway should have kept his promise to me years ago.

If the Bradley Classic is still in the Workbook - Jay should keep his
promise now - finally - and take it out.

He should also explain on his website that Dr. Bradley (quoted above)
shouldn't have been placing women semisitting or recruiting husbands to
do so.

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet
archive. Search http://groups.google.com for "Jay, will you get rid of
'the Bradley Classic'?"