Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothersnewsgroup "charters" ?

Old May 15th 08, 03:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Suzanne

Default Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothersnewsgroup "charters" ?

There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting
people for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of
ya actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

What I see is a lot of brow beating of a guy who posts pregnancy and
breastfeeding related articles, and JUST because he's a friend to me he
also chooses to include a link to a great breastfeeding related product
- namely the breast pump I patented.

I'll tell you this -- when I needed a breast pump like this one, there
was no such thing. Knowing how badly I needed it, and how my situation
was certainly not unique from other mothers, I made it happen. And I
did that as much for the betterment of the lives of other mothers than
for anything else.

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely
terrific around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of
babies as well as their mothers. He is doing a favor to you and any
mother interested by making you aware of a great product that makes
mothers' lives easier. If you're not interested, then fine, skip to
the next topic heading you are interested in -- just like all the vioxx
and Rolex ads you skip over without following up on ad nauseum.

But you seem to be oblivious to the fact that your following up to Ed's
posts indicates to me that you ARE interested in what Ed has to say,
whether or not you like to admit it or not. But how transparent can you
be? Do I smell envy that you aren't also connected with such a great
product for mothers?

Didn't you know -- You can be.
;-)

Those of you also interested in a work at home opportunity so you can be
with your kids can contact me.

The rest of you can.... skip it!!

Suzanne.
Old May 15th 08, 04:23 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
dejablues[_4_]

Default Can anybody point me in the direction of the exit?

"Suzanne" wrote in message
There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting people
for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of ya
actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

What I see is a lot of brow beating of a guy who posts pregnancy and
breastfeeding related articles,

No. He posted his advertisement first, then when regular posters took him to
task, he threw in a random post about how he knows women that were
breastfeeders. Not the same thing.

and JUST because he's a friend to me he also chooses to include a link to a
great breastfeeding related product - namely the breast pump I patented.

You put him up to it. His main goal was to push your product. Not to discuss
pregnancy or breastfeeding.

I'll tell you this -- when I needed a breast pump like this one, there was
no such thing. Knowing how badly I needed it, and how my situation was
certainly not unique from other mothers, I made it happen. And I did that
as much for the betterment of the lives of other mothers than for anything
else.

Making money doesn't factor into it? I'd bet that's your main objective.

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

Edvins Augusts is a real person. He actually answered those who criticisized
him. All that other stuff you mention is posted by spambots hosted in some
foreign country. Objecting to them is futile.

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely terrific
around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of babies as
well as their mothers.

He just wants to make money, same as you.

He is doing a favor to you and any mother interested by making you aware of
a great product that makes mothers' lives easier. If you're not
interested, then fine, skip to the next topic heading you are interested
in -- just like all the vioxx and Rolex ads you skip over without following
up on ad nauseum.

I've tried Vioxx, and it's great. I sure wouldn't buy it from a Usenet
spammer, though.

But you seem to be oblivious to the fact that your following up to Ed's
posts indicates to me that you ARE interested in what Ed has to say,
whether or not you like to admit it or not.

WE JUST WANT HIM TO GO AWAY. Did you consider the fact that Edvins has a
long history of Usenet kookdom? Didn't think so.

But how transparent can you be? Do I smell envy that you aren't also
connected with such a great product for mothers?

Translation : My business isn't taking off in the way I expected and I'm
going to blame YOU for it.

Those of you also interested in a work at home opportunity so you can be
with your kids can contact me.

The rest of you can.... skip it!!

Suzanne. The Spammer.

Leave . Now. Please. kthxbye!

Old May 15th 08, 04:34 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Banty

Default Can anybody point me to any of these famous misc.kids.etc & alt.mothers

In article , Suzanne says...

There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting
people for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of
ya actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

Well THAT's fair. :-/

There is no formal charter since misc.kids evolved out of another group when
many of the newsgroups were renamed, but there *is* a FAQ posted in
misc.kids.info, with this link:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.a...kids/faq/part1

Which contains:

____________________________

*** Netiquette on misc.kids ***

Most of the guidelines here are the same as in news.announce.newusers. In fact,
it is *strongly* recommended that you read the etiquette guidelines in
news.announce.newusers (or in any other introductory text on news readers)
before you post any articles.

* misc.kids is a discussion group. Please do not post binaries. There are
groups specifically chartered for this purpose. misc.kids already has a
tremendous amount of traffic and the extra bandwidth used by these files
is not appreciated. Please remember that someone has to pay for all
those bytes to be trasmitted around the world.

* Please do not post advertisements. misc.kids is a non-commercial
newsgroup. Reviews and discussions of commercial products relating to
children are appropriate, although they would be more appropriate
in misc.kids.consumers.
____________________________

But you know what - we don't even NEED it in the FAQ to be able to protest the
absolute rudeness of busting into a discussion group hawking your wares. Would
you walk up to a group of women at lunch, who are talking, laughing, and whip
out your breastpump and try to sell it? Hopefully not. (Hopefully...)

Well, busting into these newsgroups doing that is just as rude. But mercenary
folks like you just don't seem to get that...

What I see is a lot of brow beating of a guy who posts pregnancy and
breastfeeding related articles, and JUST because he's a friend to me he
also chooses to include a link to a great breastfeeding related product
- namely the breast pump I patented.

Amazing. You don't see how being such an *interested* party in this would cloud
your judgement.

I'll tell you this -- when I needed a breast pump like this one, there
was no such thing. Knowing how badly I needed it, and how my situation
was certainly not unique from other mothers, I made it happen. And I
did that as much for the betterment of the lives of other mothers than
for anything else.

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

BECAUSE - we use killfiles and also use services that filter out some of that
stuff because there's nothing else that can be done about that. I don't even
SEE that stuff. Someone like *you*, on the other hand, pretending to
participate but you're really here only to push your wares, is harder to avoid,
and yes indeedy you get a strong reaction when you do that. If you were more
experienced with this venue and stuck around getting to know what it's about
before spouting off your mercentile stuff, you'd have learned that.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

See above.

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely
terrific around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of
babies as well as their mothers. He is doing a favor to you and any
mother interested by making you aware of a great product that makes
mothers' lives easier. If you're not interested, then fine, skip to
the next topic heading you are interested in -- just like all the vioxx
and Rolex ads you skip over without following up on ad nauseum.

Oh what bull****.

Commercials don't belong here - period. Existence of other spam does not a
justification of your actions make.

Go away.

Banty

Old May 15th 08, 07:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Jamie Clark

"Suzanne" wrote in message
There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting people
for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of ya
actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

Do a search for Usenet guidelines. You're smart, you invented a breastpump,
I'm sure you know how to use Google.

tick tick tick...TIMES UP You lose.

What I see is a lot of brow beating of a guy who posts pregnancy and
breastfeeding related articles, and JUST because he's a friend to me he
also chooses to include a link to a great breastfeeding related product -
namely the breast pump I patented.

Nobody gives a **** who you are. We aren't hounding Ed because he's your
friend. We aren't hounding Ed because he's a guy. We're hounding Ed
because he's advertising on a Usenet newsgroup. After we specifically told
him that it wasn't allowed.

I'll tell you this -- when I needed a breast pump like this one, there was
no such thing. Knowing how badly I needed it, and how my situation was
certainly not unique from other mothers, I made it happen. And I did that
as much for the betterment of the lives of other mothers than for anything
else.

That's nice. Good for you. I hope you sell a lot of your pumps. But not
here. Go buy advertising like a real company, and stop trying to get
something for free from a place where advertising is not allowed nor
acceptable. This is not an acceptable place to post your ads. While we may
seem like a ripe pool of potential customers, it is not acceptable to
advertise her.

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

I'm going to type this really slowly, Suzanne, so pay close attention.
Because those ads are posted by spambots. Replying to them is futile. You,
and your dear clone Ed, are real people. The rules of the group have been
explained to you, both in simple terms and in very clear terms. And both of
you continue to flaunt the rules and norms of this group, despite the loud
protests of the members of the group, and advertise your product.

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely terrific
around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of babies as
well as their mothers.

That's nice.

He is doing a favor to you and any mother interested by making you aware
of a great product that makes mothers' lives easier. If you're not
interested, then fine, skip to the next topic heading you are interested
in -- just like all the vioxx and Rolex ads you skip over without
following up on ad nauseum.

No, he is not doing me a favor. He would do me, and many of the women of
this newsgroup a favor if he went away like we asked him to. Instead, he
continues to advertise your product, and then you come over to defend your
clone and continue to advertise your product. Do us a favor, go away.

But you seem to be oblivious to the fact that your following up to Ed's
posts indicates to me that you ARE interested in what Ed has to say,
whether or not you like to admit it or not. But how transparent can you
be? Do I smell envy that you aren't also connected with such a great
product for mothers?

No. This isn't envy. This is anger. Anger that you're clouding up a great
group with your bull**** arguments about why you should be able to post your
crap advertisements here. Regardless of what we say, you continue. You are
rude, and I would not recommend your product to anyone. In fact, I would
recommend against it, to anyone. Repeatedly.

Didn't you know -- You can be.
;-)

Those of you also interested in a work at home opportunity so you can be
with your kids can contact me.

The rest of you can.... skip it!!

Suzanne.

I wouldn't work for a sleaze like you if it was the last job on earth. And
I wouldn't buy a product from a sleaze like you, nor would I tell anyone
else about it, except to tell them what a couple of sleazey people run the
company, and how rude they are to totally disregard the Usenet FAQ and
member wishes.
--

Jamie Clark

Old May 15th 08, 07:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Michelle J. Haines

Suzanne wrote:

Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

We do. But all of it is auto-generated spam. There's no -person-
there. So there's nothing to do except killfile it, which we do.

I can tell you from personally knowing Ed, that he is absolutely
terrific around kids, and he does indeed care a lot about the welfare of
babies as well as their mothers.

What does this have to do with anything?

He is doing a favor to you and any
mother interested by making you aware of a great product that makes
mothers' lives easier.

Selling a product != doing us a favor.

But you seem to be oblivious to the fact that your following up to Ed's
posts indicates to me that you ARE interested in what Ed has to say,
whether or not you like to admit it or not. But how transparent can you
be? Do I smell envy that you aren't also connected with such a great
product for mothers?

Wow, you're really new to Usenet, aren't you?

I love the smell of roasted newbie in the morning.

Michelle
Flutist
Old May 15th 08, 09:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
EdAugusts

Default So the FAQ Is On Our Side! ( Can anybody point me to any of thesefamous...

Banty wrote:
In article , Suzanne says...

There are a lot of vague references to said charters and "reporting
people for spam", but not one person yet has yet posted a link. Any of
ya actually got one? tick tick tick.... TIME'S UP

Well THAT's fair. :-/

There is no formal charter since misc.kids evolved out of another group when
many of the newsgroups were renamed, but there *is* a FAQ posted in
misc.kids.info, with this link:

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.a...kids/faq/part1

Which contains:

* Please do not post advertisements. misc.kids is a non-commercial
newsgroup. Reviews and discussions of commercial products relating to
children are appropriate, although they would be more appropriate
in misc.kids.consumers.

Hmmm! "Reviews and discussions of commercial products relating to
children are appropriate...."

Thank You! Case Dismissed!

P.S., I think you're wrong about the evolution of ' misc.kids.' These
group names haven't changed in at least 18 years...since before there
was a 'web'.

Best wishes, -----Ed

http://groups.google.com/group/BOOK-...ith-Ed-Augusts

.

Go away.

Banty

Old May 15th 08, 10:47 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
aula

"Suzanne" wrote in message
Nobody here seems to object to all the vioxx, celebrex, fako Rolex
watches, and other garbage going on here that truly IS spam.

So tell me, why is that? Why don't any of you object to that?

Most readers ignore one post wonders OR report them to their ISP's for
spamming. When a repeater arrives then they are usually told, in no
uncertain terms, that they are violating the norms of the group. Doesn't
matter how many times he protests or gets his friends to protest, pushing a
product that is for sale is spamming. Now, if he wants to join in the
OTHER conversations in the group and talk on those topics and only leave the
product info as a sig line, well that becomes a different thing entirely.
Then he becomes a part of the group, leaves the info politely available for
those who might wish to use it, and that is fine. The people here are
trying to educate him to that norm. He can choose to listen or not. The
group can choose to accept him, ignore him, report him, or not.

Old May 15th 08, 01:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Nan

On Thu, 15 May 2008 01:45:32 -0700, EdAugusts
wrote:

Hmmm! "Reviews and discussions of commercial products relating to
children are appropriate...."

That would be more in the vein of.... "Hey everyone, I'm thinking of
buying Brand XYZ car seat. Anyone used one? Anyone have any other
recommendations?

See Ed? It's NOT advertising, but an actual discussion to let others
point out their viewpoint. In your posts, all you do is shill your
friend's product.

Thank You! Case Dismissed!

Don't think so.

Nan

Old May 15th 08, 01:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
NL

EdAugusts schrieb:

Thank You! Case Dismissed!

Oh, so you're being Judge, advocat and defendant. Cool. I didn't know
that's how the sytem worked in the US.

cu
nicole
Old May 15th 08, 01:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids,alt.mothers
Ericka Kammerer

EdAugusts wrote:

P.S., I think you're wrong about the evolution of ' misc.kids.' These
group names haven't changed in at least 18 years...since before there
was a 'web'.

Good heavens, does your arrogance know no bounds?
Misc.kids.pregnancy was not created until 1994. Several of
us were around then to remember it, not to mention that
anyone (including yourself) is capable of googling and
verifying when it was established.

As far as the rules on commercial posts goes, it's
clear as can be to the rest of us that your postings are
nothing more than advertisements thinly (not to mention
badly) disguised as legitimate postings. You have no
interest in anything around here except hawking your
products, and the rest of us aren't too stupid to figure
it out. "Discussion and reviews of products" happens by
disinterested parties, not by those who stand to gain
financially from the product's use. But really, if you just
want to land in a bunch of killfiles and antagonize any potential
customers who might have been out there, and jeopardize your
relationship with your ISP, go ahead, knock yourself out.
Or, if you have any intention of playing nicely in the
sandbox, you could take your posts to misc.kids.consumers
where they belong.

Best wishes,
Ericka