EPIDURAL HORROR: Gruesome cascade to oxytocin, c-sections, forceps and 'generous' episiotomies...

Old August 3rd 03, 09:39 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default EPIDURAL HORROR: Gruesome cascade to oxytocin, c-sections, forceps and 'generous' episiotomies...

Attention Sarah Key, Australian physiotherapist to HRH the Prince of Wales,
please see PS2 below.

First this..

Epidurals are a pain relief blessing - but there are *major* risks...

EPIDURAL HORROR... I have retitled an article by Sarah J. Buckley, MD. See
my Open Letter to her below.

PART of the epidural horror is mass vagina slashing by MDs...

PREGNANT WOMEN: Help protect your VAGINA by helping to protect your BABY'S
BRAIN at birth...

Sounds crazy but... MDs are slashing vaginas en masse -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring they are doing everything possible to OPEN
birth canals even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

It's EASY to open your birth canal the "extra" up to 30% - just roll onto
your side as you push your baby out - but see WARNING, WARNING, WARNING at
the very end of this post.

NOTE: I'm NOT saying here that allowing your birth canal to open maximally
will prevent ALL vaginal tears - intentional or unintentional. Sometimes
vaginas tear - and tear badly - regardless of birth position. Rather, I am
saying two things,: 1) it is OBVIOUSLY CRIMINAL for MDs to close birth
canals; and 2) this massive MD birth crime - closing birth canals - is only
worsened when MDs slash vaginas and FRAUDULENTLY claim they are doing
everything possible to open birth canals.

Michael C. Klein, MD writes: "I think it is important to recognize that
episiotomy is a deliberate second degree tear." [Birth. Letter.
2002;29(1):74]

It is important for all women to recognize that the vast majority of
episiotomies
are OBVIOUSLY CRIMINAL deliberate second degree tears "performed" by
extremely nice criminals called MDs.

I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic prime
cuts forced through this culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder -
medical school.

Onward to...

SARAH J. BUCKLEY, MD...

Sarah J. Buckley, MD left out the KEY birth-canal-closing fact in writing
about the epidemic of EPIDURAL HORROR; so I've added the key fact in caps...

"In a conventional epidural, a dose of local anaesthetic is injected through
the lower back into the epidural space, around the spinal cord. This numbs
the nerves which bring sensation from the uterus and birth canal.
Unfortunately, the local anaesthetic also numbs the nerves which control the
pelvic muscles and legs, so with this type of epidural, a woman usually
cannot move her legs...[SO SHE IS PLACED ON HER BACK THEREBY CLOSING HER
BIRTH CANAL UP TO 30% - TDG]...[u]nless the epidural has worn off, [she]
cannot push her baby out, in the second stage of labour...An epidural will
often slow a woman's labour, and she is three times more likely to be given
an oxytocin drip to speed things up...The second stage of labour is
particularly slowed, leading to a three times increased chance of
forceps...Women having their first baby are particularly affected; choosing
an epidural can reduce their chance of a normal delivery to less than
50%...This slowing of labour is at least partly related to the effect of the
epidural on a woman's pelvic floor muscles. These muscles guide the baby's
head so that it enters the...[SENSELESSLY CLOSED BIRTH CANAL - TDG] in the
best position. When these muscles are not working, dystocia, or poor
progress, may result, leading to the need for high forceps to turn the baby,
or a caesarean section. Having an epidural doubles a woman's chance of
having a caesarean section for dystocia...When forceps are used, or if there
is a concern that the second stage is too long, a woman may be given an
episiotomy, where the perineum, or tissues between the vaginal entrance and
anus, are cut to enlarge the outlet and hurry the birth..."
--EPIDURAL HORROR (retitled by Gastaldo)
by Sarah J. Buckley, MD )
http://www.maternitycoalition.org.au...epidurals.html
http://www.womenofspirit.asn.au/docs...real_risks.txt

This OPEN LETTER will be instantly archived for global access at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2086

Sarah J. Buckley, MD
Brisbane
AUSTRALIA

Sarah,

Since most epidurals involve the MD (or MB) closing the birth canal...

Since you left out this fact...

Your essay, "Epidurals - real risks for mother and baby," first published in
Australia's Parents magazine, Aug/Sept
1998, as "All about epidurals" - obviously needed to be further retitled
EPIDURAL HORROR

You say that people may copy and circulate your essay (that I have retitled
EPIDURAL HORROR) - as long as you are "acknowledged as author."
http://www.womenofspirit.asn.au/docs...real_risks.txt

I hope that you will retitle your essay EPIDURAL HORROR in the process of
adding to it the key fact I have brought to your attention - MDs are
stupidly closing birth canals.

Please encourage people to copy and circulate EPIDURAL HORROR to all medical
licensing boards.

Thanks,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS1 Readers: I mentioned above that the epidural horror is EPIDEMIC because
Sarah writes that Dr Steve Chester, Head of Anaesthetics Dept, Royal Women's
Hospital/RWH, Melbourne says that around 45% of first-time mothers at RWH
have an epidural. Of course, far more than 45% of ALL women are getting
their birth canals closed by MDs and MBs - and the midwives who ape them.

Canadian Grandma Donna Young has just asked me (copied to Sarah Buckley):
"Will you voice your knowledge for the use of Natural Birth Education, on
the
position of birth [?]

"Sarah lives in Brisbane Australia...writing a guide to natural birth, due
for publication in 2004/5."
http://www.womenofspirit.asn.au/sarahjbuckley.html#top

Sarah, hopefully, you will be able to report in your 2004/5 guide to natural
birth that MDs and midwives everywhere have stopped closing birth canals at
delivery.

Donna, please ask Sarah to retitle her essay and include the epidural horror
of MDs senselessly closing birth canals.

Copied to:

Maternity Coalition, Inc.
PO Box 1190
Blackburn North Vic 3130

National Contacts
National Committee

Acting President Justine Caines
Vice President Cheryl Glennie

Secretary Nicola Dutton

Assistant Secretary & Website Editor Andrea Bilcliff

Treasurer Pauline Ahearne

Assistant Treasurer &
Membership Secretary Katrina Matthews

MIPP Annie Sprague

Birth Matters Journal Editor Joy Johnston

Assistant Editor Deb Slater

Assistant Editor Melanie Gregory

Maternity Coalition, Inc. NSW Branch
PO Box 105
MERRIWA NSW 2329
NSW Branch President: Justine Caines Email:

Area Convenors Name E-Mail
Sydney Metro Virginia Miltrup

Camden/Campbelltown Denise Hynd

Illawarra Lisa Metcalfe

Hunter/Central Coast Carol Chapman

Blue Mountains Nicole Christiansen
(Keep Birthing in the Mountains)

St George Sutherland Julie Clarke

Western Sydney Julie Mate

South West Danette Watson

South Coast Swami Guruprem

Southern Highlands Debra Langford

Cooma/Monaro Nikki Rabbitte

Central West Pamela Bennett

Tamworth/New England Robyn Skewes

Far Nth Coast Liz McCall

Maternity Coalition, Inc. Victoria State Branch
VIC Branch President: Leslie Arnott
Email:

VIC Branch
PO Box 1190
Blackburn North Vic 3130

Maternity Coalition is represented in Queensland by the Birth Action Group.
Coordinator: Bruce Teakle
Email:

Lindsay Rd
Mt Glorious QLD 4520

Maternity Coalition, Inc. South Australia State Branch
Cheryl Glenie -

PO Box 5107
Alberton SA 5014

Maternity Coalition, Inc. Western Australian Branch
Mary Murphy -

PO Box 90
LEEDERVILLE WA 6902

Maternity Coaltion, Inc. Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Branch
Margie Perkins -

PO Box 385
MAWSON ACT 2607

Maternity Coalition, Inc. Northern Territory Branch
Virginia Nock
NT Branch
PO Box 153
Nightcliff
NT 0814

PS2 SARAH KEY, PHYSIOTHERAPIST TO HRH the PRINCE OF WALES

Sarah Key
Physiotherapist
The Sarah Key Physiotherapy Centre,
44 Bridge Street
Sydney 2000
(612) 9247 8627
Fax (612) 9221 8103

Sarah,

Thank you for acknowledging receipt of my article, "Sarah Key's huge balls
(also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours)"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2084

You lectured me: "Yes, we must remember that...[d]istraction of the basal
spinal segments (such as induced by squatting) then
become even more critical as a means of keeping the discs hydrated and
noursihed with a proper fluid exchange.

Sarah, I like a good physiotherapy lecture as well as the next guy, but I
don't remember learning (or saying) that squatting induces "distraction of
the basal spinal segments" or is a "means of keeping the discs hydrated..."

My understanding (via Adams, Dolan and Hutton; see below) is that squatting
does exactly the opposite of what you claim.

Squatting compresses and dehydrates lumbar discs.

I hope you will correct me if you believe me to be wrong.

You concluded:

"Yes I very much do believe squatting
keeps our backs young."

I would say - from a disc hydration/nourishment perspective - SQUATTING AND
SLEEPING keep our backs young.

Here is an excerpt of an article which cites Adams, Dolan and Hutton's
diurnal variations/changes articles,
"In addition to the obvious benefits of sleep, when we lie down at night,
unopposed swelling pressure results in fluid absorption and increased
volume. The absorbed fluid is expelled during the day when loading of the
spine is increased. Thus, there is a diurnal variation in fluid content and
height of the disks. This fluid exchange plays an important part in
supplying nutrients to the intervertebral disk cells."
--Howard Levy and William C. Hutton. Journal of the Southern Orthopaedic
Association Volume 5, Number 3 Fall 1996. Citing Adams MA, Dolan P, Hutton
WC: Diurnal variations in the stresses on the lumbar spine. Spine
12:130-137, 1987; and Adams MA, Dolan P, Hutton WC, et al: Diurnal changes
in spinal mechanics and their clinical significance. J Bone Joint Surg Br
72:266-270, 1990.
http://www.smaservicesinc.com/soa/jsoafl96/jsoafl5.htm

Sarah, as I noted in "Sarah Key's huge balls," I think it is wrong of you to
say such things as "we used to squat." Our children STILL squat - then we
rob them of their innate comfortable prolonged squatting ability.

As I further noted in "Sarah Key's huge balls": MDs are blaming their
bizarre birth-canal-closing behavioir on what I call The Great Squat
Robbery.

See again Gardosi et al.'s 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled trial of
squatting" where nobody squatted.

Sarah, you did not respond to the fact that MDs and MBs (and the midwives
who ape them) are closing birth canals.

Why not?

The next time HRH the Prince of Wales asks you to fly 7,000 to Britain to
treat him, will you mention to him that MDs are closing birth canals?

Just a thought.

Sarah, I also encourage you to begin contacting **medical licensing boards**
and asking them to ask MDs to stop closing birth canals...

I recently asked the State of Virginia's medical licensing board here in the
colonies...

See MD birth crime: Gastaldo names individual MD...

No response yet.

Again Sarah, thanks for acknowledging receipt of "Sarah Key's huge balls."

PLEASE help babies, Sarah...

PS3 PREGNANT WOMEN! It's EASY to open your birth canal an "extra" up to
30%!

Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out! PLEASE talk to your MD
about this NOW...

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING: Some MDs will let women "try"
side-lying and
other
"alternative" delivery positions - but they will move women back to
semisitting -
close their birth canals (!) at
the very worst possible moment (as the baby is coming out)...

See GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT - my invited poster presentation at a recent
obstetric congress co-sponsored by the American College of Obstetricians and
Gynecologists/ACOG. (NOTE: GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT is on the web: Search
"GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT
Paciornik"...)

***This post will be instantly archived for global access at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2086.

Within 24 hours it
will be in the google archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "EPIDURAL HORROR: Gruesome cascade to oxytocin,
c-sections, forceps and 'generous' episiotomies..."