A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » alt.support » Child Support
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

When will the insanity stop..?

Old December 28th 08, 07:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty
external usenet poster

Default When will the insanity stop..?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...29-661,00.html
Banned dad's agonising loss
Laurie Nowell

December 07, 2008 12:00am

"STEVE" has been barred from seeing his daughter for seven years.

He has never harmed his only child or her mother. He has never threatened them and a court has accepted he is of good character.

But last week, after a tortuous 10-year journey through four courts, more than 20 hearings, 12 psychologists and six lawyers, he was told he could not see his daughter until she came of age.

Steve, whose real name cannot be revealed for legal reasons, has gone through more than 20 intrusive psychological examinations, while daughter "Molly" has endured seven.

He says he has spent more than $100,000 in 10 years.

His wife twice raised sexual-abuse allegations, proven false after months of investigation.

But the court accepted she would "shut down" emotionally if Steve was allowed to see his daughter and that her distress would affect her parenting skills.

It was deemed in Molly's best interests that she not see her father until she turned 18.

Now Steve, a successful small businessman from Melbourne's southern suburbs, faces being alienated from his daughter forever.

"It just rips your heart out. If you can't forge a relationship with your child in their formative years, there's a real risk that you never have a good relationship," he said yesterday.

"There was no violence, threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation.

"I was shocked when (the judge) announced that the order would apply to both my ex-wife and our daughter and would last for 10 years.

"I was able to persuade her that this would criminalise me if my daughter tried to contact me when she grew up.

"But I bucked the system and paid the price. If you argue with the court's finding, they label you as unco-operative."

Steve said while everyone wanted women and children protected from violence, intervention orders should not be used as weapons in custody battles.

"These orders are being used to persecute men and children by litigants who know courts will always err on the side of caution and remove fathers without there being any violence at all," he said.

Steve said he feared his daughter had been scarred by the court's insistence on psychological examinations.

This year he approached his ex-wife's new partner to see if there was any chance of mediation that would allow him to see Molly.

His wife instantly launched legal action alleging he breached an intervention order that prevented him approaching her or Molly.

"The court decided that my - very polite - conversation with my ex's partner represented harassment. It's just unbelievable," Steve said.

Old December 28th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty
external usenet poster

Oh, here's something of interest.. near the bottom of the page there's a place where you can click on to vote. Last count, 2866 people have voted. Less than 5% of them said the court did the right thing, though a little over 95% said the opposite.

And no, you can't vote 2500 times. Once is all you get, unless you're a democrat or from Illinois.

"Dusty" wrote in message ...
Laurie Nowell

He has never harmed his only child or her mother. He has never threatened them and a court has accepted he is of good character.

But last week, after a tortuous 10-year journey through four courts, more than 20 hearings, 12 psychologists and six lawyers, he was told he could not see his daughter until she came of age.

Steve, whose real name cannot be revealed for legal reasons, has gone through more than 20 intrusive psychological examinations, while daughter "Molly" has endured seven.

His wife twice raised sexual-abuse allegations, proven false after months of investigation.

But the court accepted she would "shut down" emotionally if Steve was allowed to see his daughter and that her distress would affect her parenting skills.

It was deemed in Molly's best interests that she not see her father until she turned 18.

Now Steve, a successful small businessman from Melbourne's southern suburbs, faces being alienated from his daughter forever.

"It just rips your heart out. If you can't forge a relationship with your child in their formative years, there's a real risk that you never have a good relationship," he said yesterday.

"I was shocked when (the judge) announced that the order would apply to both my ex-wife and our daughter and would last for 10 years.

"I was able to persuade her that this would criminalise me if my daughter tried to contact me when she grew up.

"But I bucked the system and paid the price. If you argue with the court's finding, they label you as unco-operative."

Steve said while everyone wanted women and children protected from violence, intervention orders should not be used as weapons in custody battles.

"These orders are being used to persecute men and children by litigants who know courts will always err on the side of caution and remove fathers without there being any violence at all," he said.

Steve said he feared his daughter had been scarred by the court's insistence on psychological examinations.

This year he approached his ex-wife's new partner to see if there was any chance of mediation that would allow him to see Molly.

His wife instantly launched legal action alleging he breached an intervention order that prevented him approaching her or Molly.

"The court decided that my - very polite - conversation with my ex's partner represented harassment. It's just unbelievable," Steve said.

Old December 28th 08, 09:32 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa.constitution
DB[_4_]
external usenet poster

When will women be held accountable for lying in court?
Oh, here's something of interest.. near the bottom of the page there's a place where you can click on to vote. Last count, 2866 people have voted. Less than 5% of them said the court did the right thing, though a little over 95% said the opposite.

And no, you can't vote 2500 times. Once is all you get, unless you're a democrat or from Illinois.

Laurie Nowell

Old December 28th 08, 11:07 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa.constitution
Dusty
external usenet poster

Oh, hell, I just want them to be held accountable!!
"DB" wrote in message ...

Laurie Nowell

Old December 29th 08, 06:31 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa.constitution
Chris
external usenet poster

Better question: When will they be held solely accountable for their SOLE choice?
"DB" wrote in message ...

Laurie Nowell