Can men do this too?

Old December 31st 08, 11:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
Kenneth S.[_2_]

Default Can men do this too?

As long-time participants in this news group know, I have
frequently expressed the view that current inequities in family law
will never be removed until men find some way of exercising effective
political clout on behalf of their own sex. The problem has always
been to get men organized in matters where their interests conflict
with those of women.

A new development in Italy suggests one possible answer that
can be adopted by individual men -- see the news story below. Men
must threaten to withhold sex until their female partners sign up to
support of family law reforms. That would work, wouldn't it?

In honor of the Italian origins of this tactic, I suggest we
get it going by next Columbus Day. "No copulation without ending
anti-male discrimination" is the best I've come up with so far as a
bumper sticker for the new movement. (However, we've got some time
before next Columbus Day, and I'm open to alternative slogans that
scan better.)

Some women threaten no sex if men shoot fireworks
ROME
12/31/2008 12:23:34 PM

Some women in Naples said they won't make love if their men shoot off
dangerous fireworks on New Year's Eve. "Se Spari, Niente Sesso" (If
you shoot, no sex), as the reported group calls itself, claims to have
signed up hundreds of women in the Naples area to combat celebrations
that injure or maim hundreds each year.

Carolina Staiano, a mother of two, was quoted in La Stampa daily on
Wednesday as saying she was inspired to create the group because her
father was partially paralyzed in a fireworks accident.

Setting off fireworks, often homemade or illegally imported, remains
popular in Italy and especially in Naples, even though accidents are
frequent and sometimes deadly.

Staiano said that "there are other ways to celebrate." And if men
don't get the message, women should "send them to sleep on the couch."
Old January 2nd 09, 02:05 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa.constitution
DB[_4_]

"Kenneth S." wrote in message
[...]

There's a lot of stupidity in the World, how about, "Morons are not allowed
to reproduce"?