any knowledge of this...

Old August 2nd 03, 07:24 PM
Bob Whiteside

Default any knowledge of this...

"Chris" wrote in message
Your child completes their senior year of high school in a half of a year
instead of a full school year. (half a year of full days instead of a full
year of half days). The child support stops when the child graduates or
turns 18, which ever is later. feedback would be helpful.

Graduation based on achieving the required number of credits and walking in
a graduation ceremony are separate events. If the child is 18 when the
credit requirements are met early, then CS would stop.

Old August 2nd 03, 08:55 PM
Jon

I'm thinking that the credits may have been completed, but unless the school
issues a diploma, you have to wait for that.
Jon

Old August 3rd 03, 10:54 PM
J.D. Hoeye

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:08:51 -0400, "Chris"
wrote:

Your child completes their senior year of high school in a half of a =

year
instead of a full school year. (half a year of full days instead of a =

full
year of half days). The child support stops when the child graduates or
turns 18, which ever is later. feedback would be helpful.

who's child support?
oh, 'the," good political phrasing.
in any case, whichever is later, would seem to be self defining.

JD
If the Facts Fail to Support Your Position,=20
Manipulate the Data.
Old August 3rd 03, 10:58 PM
J.D. Hoeye

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:24:43 GMT, "Bob Whiteside"
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
Your child completes their senior year of high school in a half of a =

year
instead of a full school year. (half a year of full days instead of a =

full
year of half days). The child support stops when the child graduates =

or
turns 18, which ever is later. feedback would be helpful.

Graduation based on achieving the required number of credits and walking=

in
a graduation ceremony are separate events. If the child is 18 when the
credit requirements are met early, then CS would stop.

wait - the specification is 'graduates,' not 'becomes elegible...'

and, the CS stops at age 18, regardless graduation status.

Old August 4th 03, 02:11 AM
Tracy

"Jon" wrote in message
I'm thinking that the credits may have been completed, but unless the

school
issues a diploma, you have to wait for that.
Jon

It stops when the child turns 18 and credits have been achieved. I was
requested by the State of Oklahoma twice to show proof that my middle son
was enrolled *and* taking classes at his high school after he turned 18 -
otherwise child support would have ended. Therefore, if the child is 18 and
he/she has completed all credits, the child is not attending high school.
Child support would end.

BTW - the above is dependant on the state and how the laws are written. My
experience is with Oklahoma.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***