Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

Old May 16th 04, 01:55 AM
Amy

Default Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Clisby wrote in message

Oh, no. What's next? Peach? Honeydew? Kiwi?

^^^^^
laugh whoa I wonder what people were saying when my daughter was
born? Her name is Kivi, but Germans pronounce it "kiwi", and
sometimes people call her that by mistake (like my Mom).

Kivi is a Finnish name by the way. It means rock or stone.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

I think that's a pretty name. It's hardly 'Apple'.
Plus Jamie Oliver has already done Poppy Honey!

Old May 16th 04, 02:03 AM
melbgal1

In article , Cheryl says...
LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

Apple ?

Right, that's it.
Cal is now banned from listening to his favourite Coldplay CD.

Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 16th 04, 02:04 AM
melbgal1

Sophie says...
___________________

My mom thinks Apple is "neat", no other kid will have that name. I said I
hope not. Hope it doesn't have a big round head either, I can hear the
jokes already. What a truly stupid name.

What a huge baby though.

I wonder if Gwynnie would like to borrow my ring cushion ? g

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 16th 04, 02:07 AM
melbgal1

Amy says...

but actually being christened 'Apple'? Confirms that woman has
nothing between her ears.

Hey ! - that's a bit harsh.
I'm sure her husband was in on it. How do you know it was Gwyneth's
choice ? She might have picked the boy name ...

--
Proudly presenting Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004
Old May 16th 04, 02:17 AM
Cat

but actually being christened 'Apple'? Confirms that woman has
nothing between her ears.

I'm a lurker but just had to say something about this. While Apple wouldn't be
a name I'd give my child I don't judge other peoples choices. Besides, Apple
is a better name then a lot of the names I've seen posted on this board.

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all
those flies and death and stuff" --Mariah Carey
Old May 16th 04, 03:54 AM
D&K Condron

"Jan Silbermann" wrote in message

Apple??????????? How could she do that to he baby? Hopefully she goes by

one
of the middle names.

Thank goodness it's Apple MArtin and not Apple Paltrow.

When my 14yo heard it she said it sounded likea drink.
"I'll have an Apple MArtin and a Martini, please."

SIGH

That's almost exactly what my hubby said when he heard the name: "Everyone's
gonna call her Apple Martini" - he thinks the parents did it just to be
cute. I have more faith in them then that, and I hope the reason is
eventually explained in a future interview. It may be something really
personal and touching.

Kat

Old May 16th 04, 04:12 AM
Amy

Good point, but she didn't have to agree with him if that's the case. Too
many people don't think of their child when picking names, these kids have
to go through school and the rest of their lives with a silly name. There
was actually a guy who lived down the road from my grandmother, with the
surname Pipe, and he was a plumber....ha ha, I guess you can't help your
surname when you choose a profession. But did they have to name their son
Dwayne? That's just cruel :-(
Just because she's a celeb's kid doesn't mean she isn't going to get teased
at school. The best she can hope for is an elite private school amongst
other celeb's kids, with equally stupid names. Just my 2 cents.
It's not a one off, Gwyneth has been noted for her stupidity before during
this pg, saying she didn't want to talk about the pg for fear of jinxing it
and losing the baby. Hellooo? So all of us who've lost babies, they wouldn't
have died if we hadn't gone and talked about them? Newsflash,
everyone!Everybody has stupid hang-ups I guess, but to air them on
international TV...

t...

Old May 16th 04, 04:25 AM
Tori M.

I'm a lurker but just had to say something about this. While Apple
wouldn't be
a name I'd give my child I don't judge other peoples choices. Besides,

Apple
is a better name then a lot of the names I've seen posted on this board.

Your not one of those people like my friend Deb and her husband that told me
Bonnie was a horrible name but named their son Bendiks are you? For the
most part I think people have picked verry good names I must admit it bugs
me when people name their kids after common objects or even animals.
Flowers, plants and towns are ok though

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 16th 04, 04:46 AM
Jamie Clark

Okay, I can see where you are coming from there. I read it as it "sounded"
Asian. I'm like, no, I don't think so!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

"Donna" wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Apple doesn't sound remotely Asian, it sounds Produce. That's like

saying
"Chair" sounds Asian. NO it doesn't. Apple is a fruit. Doi.

I think that asian names are often nouns for plants, seasons and stones:
jade peach, spring moon, winter lotus... hence the connection between the
chinese/asian babies and the name. At least, that's the only way I can
figure why I know two adopted asian babies named Apple.

Donna

Old May 16th 04, 06:12 AM
Jan Silbermann

Nope, never seen a name as bad as Apple on any signature on this
board.

Chana
Tovah 13
Eliana 11