Isn't this just WRONG!

Old December 6th 03, 03:59 PM
Irish Marie

Default Isn't this just WRONG!

https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting tool
in the world imo.
--
Marie
Mum of 3

Old December 6th 03, 04:51 PM
Dawn Lawson

Irish Marie wrote:
https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting tool
in the world imo.
--

Damn...I want one that reaches the back seat of my car and attaches to
my breast at the "bottle" end.....

but other than that...yup, pretty odd.

Dawn

Old December 6th 03, 06:50 PM
Chotii

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am

shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting

tool
in the world imo.

....but it's nothing new. Bottles of this design have been around since
Victorian times (if not before) and...well, I'll let this article speak for
itself.

http://www.babybottle-museum.co.uk/murder.html

--angela

Old December 6th 03, 09:04 PM
Irish Marie

"Chotii" wrote in message

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am

shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting

tool
in the world imo.

...but it's nothing new. Bottles of this design have been around since
Victorian times (if not before) and...well, I'll let this article speak

for
itself.

http://www.babybottle-museum.co.uk/murder.html

--angela

Dreadful stuff.........I think though that as the deaths with these
Victorian bottles were mainly due to poor hygiene because the teat didn't
come apart for cleaning! So although these handybaby bottles are a horrible
concept I don't think that they pose a threat to the life of babies in the
same way as the Victorian bottles.

Old December 6th 03, 09:26 PM
Chotii

"Chotii" wrote in message

[...]

No, of course not. Though the tubing in the Podee is much longer, and
parents must pay meticulous attention while cleaning. And of course, if a
kid gets sick now, there's antibiotics. If I had to offer a bottle, it
wouldn't be one of these. It'd be a plain old ordinary bottle, and damn the
"convenience".

--angela

Old December 6th 03, 11:47 PM
Akuvikate

"Irish Marie" wrote in message ...
https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting tool
in the world imo.

I've seen these at ToysRUs, and they're pretty horrifying. I
generally try to remain non-judgemental and imagine a situation where
something would be appropriate, but in this case it's hard.
Quadruplets, maybe?

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003
Old December 7th 03, 12:30 AM
Dawn Lawson

Richard wrote:

Irish Marie wrote:
:
: https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php
:
: I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
: Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am shocked!
: There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting tool
: in the world imo.

topping it off, though I can't tell for sure, that looks like a latex nipple.

That's common.
Playtex nursers are latex, Avent's 6mo+ soothers and loads of others are
latex.

Dawn

Old December 7th 03, 02:16 AM
Em

"Richard" wrote in message
Irish Marie wrote:
:
: https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php
:
: I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
: Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am

shocked!
: There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting

tool
: in the world imo.

topping it off, though I can't tell for sure, that looks like a latex

nipple.

I happened to notice as I was reading more of the site, that it mentions it
being a silicon nipple.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 11 weeks

Old December 7th 03, 02:19 AM
Em

"Irish Marie" wrote in message
https://www.handybaby.com/index.php?content=gallery.php

I saw an article on this 'great' new product in the Irish Independent
Mothers and Babies Supplement today, and all I can say is that I am

shocked!
There is bf, ff and then this which is the most uncaring, bad parenting

tool
in the world imo.

I've seen these at Babies R Us and *boggled* a bit in horror. I read the box
and it specifically says on it that feeding should be bonding time and that
the bottle is only intended for occasional use and that parents should hold
their babies to feed them for the most part, etc. (Reminiscent of all the
formula companies notices about "breast is best"). It also mentioned being
helpful for parents of multiples.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 11 weeks

Old December 7th 03, 09:00 AM
KC

Dawn Lawson wrote in message news:9OnAb.582892$9l5.312547@pd7tw2no...
Damn...I want one that reaches the back seat of my car and attaches to
my breast at the "bottle" end.....

but other than that...yup, pretty odd.

Dawn

Here you go... the bottom picture on