Thoughts and prayers please.....

Old May 1st 04, 08:10 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

Default Thoughts and prayers please.....

Subject: Thoughts and prayers please.....
From: "Paul Griffiths"
Date: 5/1/2004 4:37 AM Eastern Standard Time
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On 26 Apr 2004 10:32:14 GMT,

(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Hello, last night Jimmy was taken to the hospital , he was having

difficulty
breathing. He is still there, he was being taken for an x-ray and passed

out.
So far what we have heard is that he has some sort of rupture in his lung
created by his asthma? Supposed to be common , but darned if *I* have

ever
heard of this ? Anybody else? Thanks Bev

Cele wrote:
Hey there. I don't know much about collapsed lungs, except that they
heal up fine most times, but I'll be thinking of you. Good luck.

PaulGwrote:
Missed this one, sorry, but I agree that collapsed lings usually heal
nicely. That said a friend of mine managed to collapse his, when he twisted
badly while at work, and needed a major operation because it wouldn't
re-inflate after treatment but the doctors told him he's one of the rare
cases.

Hope things are looking much better for Jimmy now. By the sound of it he
has age on his side but fingers crossed anyway.

Cele and Paul, Thanks for responding and for your concern. I am happy to say
Jimmy is doing well , he has gone back to school and a few less hours but is
back as well to work. He gets short of breath quite a bit yet but is recovering
slowly.
Bev
Paul Griffiths

Old May 1st 04, 08:17 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: "Lisa"
Date: 4/28/2004 5:04 PM Eastern Standard Time

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Apparently he does have a prolapse heart valve( flutters) ? have some
more reading to do on that . We are concerned because we have just learned

his
older brother has this with his heart as well, and we are wondering if

this is
something the baby may inherit? The asthma I believe may be hereditary? I

need
to research this stuff. Thanks for responding.

A prolapse valve is more simply put.....a heart murmer. I have one too,
it's not a biggie except that it's important to make this know when having
dental work or invasive procedures done. When the valve prolapses, the top
of the valve is kinda floppy so there is a possibility of infection if
bacteria finds it's way there. So when I go to the dentist, I take
antibiotics. That's all. Well, cept for the dance that it does during
periods of anxiety. That sucks, but that's my thing.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, sorry for the oversight, Thanks for the info, it is good to know.
Anxiety is a nasty one, I had a terrible bout about two and a half years ago ,
I couldn't even leave the house , I finally did after like two weeks and went
straight to the doctor, she put me on Buspar for it , about two months later I
weaned off and have done o.k. since then. She said it was grief related.
Bev
Old May 1st 04, 08:30 PM
Lisa

From: "Lisa"
Date: 4/28/2004 5:04 PM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

How is Jimmy feeling now that a few days have passed? Have they ruled out
his heart?

Lisa

Old May 1st 04, 11:25 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: "Lisa"
Date: 5/1/2004 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

From: "Lisa"

Date: 4/28/2004 5:04 PM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

OH, sorry Lisa, I assumed you have read the thread and saw the posts that had
the updates , my duh! So his heart was ruled out as far as a heart attack. He
said the prolapsed valve thing was not even a definate but that*they* said he
was suseptable to this condition cause his older brother has it. I don't know
if that sounds right ? Is something like a heart murmur hereditary? Anyway , he
is doing o.k. is back to school and working a few less hours but back earning
his keep LOL!
He is such a good kid, He is a good daddy to Jaime, and I may as well throw in
that my daughter is doing a bit better as well.
Thanks for asking,
Bev
Lisa